Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMS Mileage Run

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2005, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by Concerto
Is there really reasonable cause for concern, do you think?
Well, if you're using a browser such as Opera or Firefox with native WAP support, then you are "just" sending your access data via an unencrypted internet connection as you would do when normally checking the account online. I have done this for years and am not concerned.

It should be clear however that whoever runs that "Wapsilon" service linked to above will get all account numbers and PINs entered on his site served on a silver spoon. So unless you want to knowingly share your login data with a third party, you better don't use Wapsilon.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I bear the above posts in mind. However, it's probably too late now whatever. I'ver been using Wapsilon for a few days. I've downloaded the free Opera browser, and will use that from now on.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Concerto, if you're worried, just change your PIN number. The old one used via Wapsilon will then be useless.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 8:28 am
mbr
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
I also get my bonus miles almost daily.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 5:31 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Not bad,
having 138k on 3 accounts, this promotion makes it easy to get each 2k missing for a nice Europe - USA in first just for nothing.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 1:09 pm

I daily query my account status by using WAP in order to receive the mileage (WAP-Promotion 50/query and day). I experienced that they sometimes forget to credit the amount although I am fully convinced that I have carried out the query.
Could it be that STC (automatically) denies it because I have visited my account via internet before the WAP-query?
Old Jul 22, 2005, 4:11 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
after the problems in the beginning, my miles have posted daily..
but for me there really is no reason to check the miles on www.... when I do it on wap.... anyway... But I can imagine, that it is like that, the programme only checks how you checked your balance the first time, if on the wap or www engine. The second time it will be ignored (because otherwise people could log in 100000 times a day and earn a schittload of miles (which would be nice)
Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:45 am

Programs: LH FTL
Is wap.travelclub.swiss.com down? Im not able to check my mileage account at the moment. Anyone with the same problems?
Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:51 am
AHO

Same here. Neither via OPERA and via my WAP phone.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:57 am

Programs: some
Seems to be down, I alwas get a 500 Port Timeout Error.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 3:07 am

Programs: QR platinum
works fine 4 me
Old Jul 25, 2005, 3:19 am

It's 11:15 CET, and I could successfully query my mileage account.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 3:25 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Promo is over.
Result: I know my and my better half's STC numbers by heart and 4250 miles more on each account. Guess I didn't miss many days...
Anyone with more points?
Old Sep 1, 2005, 5:42 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I got for my account nearly all points. 50 points in the very beginning of the promo in June are missing.
Two times in July and August, I had to request it by mail, as the miles do not show up automatically and one (June) time I am not sure, if I forget it or it does not show up.

And I know the number for the rest of my life ....

Last edited by FLYGVA; Sep 1, 2005 at 7:58 am Reason: a part of sentence got lost ..
Old Sep 1, 2005, 5:52 am

I failed to query my account only on a few days. Sometimes I just forgot, moreover I spent one week abroad, where I was not willing to use my cell phone or seek an internet cafe. Nevertheless it has been a lucrative promotion boosting my account by approximately 4000 points.
Additionally it improved my memory skills, I perfectly know my account nummer (as mentioned before by someone else) now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.