Wiki Posts
Search

LOUNGEs for LX members: FAQs

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2005, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Concerto
I must say that the people down there seem to have something that we have lost here in Europe (or never had); despite having very little, they are amazingly giving, and have a joie de vivre that people with large amounts of money never have.
I'm sure I could be very nice - and full of J de V - even if I were very, very rich. If anyone wants to test that out..... ?

I'll follow your lead. Although the mileage requirement is steep, a weekend in Milan contributed a handy package of bonus miles so I can treat myself to an upgrade. At least you get 30 minutes' extra sleep over the economy cabin!!
Old May 23, 2005, 10:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
OK guys - we're missing the point I have never had problems getting into an Admirals' nest on a C-boarding card, upgraded or paid for, with my trusty TC card.
Ian, was that a domestic AA flight or was it an international LX flight? I also got access in MIA (but I don't know what lounge it was) when I flow LX in Y.
Old May 23, 2005, 11:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ziplaufwerk
LAX: LAX-HNL : Z
HNL: HNL-DFW: Z
DFW: DFW-CUN: U
CUN: CUN-MIA: U
MIA: MIA-SJU: U
SJU: SJU-ORD: U
ORD: ORD-ZRH: U (with LX)
OK, once more, we have a new answer regarding my planned itinerary with an LX award ticket. The answer is from Swiss:

Bitte entschuldigen Sie die lange Wartezeit. Wir haben mit den AA Amirals Club Lounges Abklärungen getroffen.
In folgenden Lounges haben Sie Zutritt:

LAX: Swiss Passagiere können die Korean Air Lines Lounge benützen

DFW: AA Admirals Club Lounge

CUN: keinen Lounge Zutritt

MIA: AA Admirals Club Lounge

ORD: Swiss Lounge

Wir hoffen, Ihnen mit diesen Angaben gedient zu haben und stehen Ihnen für weitere Fragen und Auskünfte gerne zur Verfügung.

Freundliche Grüsse

My Conclusion: I don't have a conclusion...
Old May 23, 2005, 1:57 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Other way round....

I'm doing a MR on AA in August, and was wondering whether Swiss Silver status will do me any good in any way during that trip, such as

1. Can I use the AA Business Check-in counter ?

2. Any lounge access (departing in LHR, change planes in JFK, final destination CLE) ?

I fear the answer is no to both questions, but would be glad for a confirmation.
Old May 24, 2005, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ziplaufwerk
Ian, was that a domestic AA flight or was it an international LX flight? I also got access in MIA (but I don't know what lounge it was) when I flow LX in Y.
Hi S, it was Delta to Atlanta (honest!) and on an economy LX flight.

When's your trip to Cancun ? I'm not sure about the LAX solution, posted above: I seem to remember the Korean lounge is the one LX uses in the international terminal. It's OK if none of the other airline-users have flights at the same time, otherwise it is crammed full. But you'll be in the AA terminal, right ?

Last edited by IAN-UK; May 24, 2005 at 1:22 am
Old Mar 11, 2006, 3:30 am
Suspended

Thumbs down Lounge in Miami with AA

I was recently in Miami. Swiss has a contract with the BA lounge. I did not get access because I was flying with AA. They were not interested in my gold status at all. Neither was Swiss
Old Dec 31, 2007, 3:29 am

Nice new refurbished lounge in ATH (Athens) now. Good selection of food, free massage chairs and good bar. 4 Internet terminals and plenty of space. Its the Swissport Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.