FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   LOUNGEs for LX members: FAQs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/426023-lounges-lx-members-faqs.html)

ziplaufwerk Apr 26, 2005 1:57 pm

LOUNGEs for LX members: FAQs

I opened this thread for information about lounges on the LX network.

ziplaufwerk Apr 26, 2005 1:59 pm

BRU: Any lounge?

Brussels (BRU)

I am going soon for one night to Brussels. *You remember the famous May promotion, don't you?* Is there a nice lounge (for Swiss gold members) or is it not worth visiting it? I remember the grungy Diners Club lounge whith only peanuts.

Is an invitation necessary?

verve Apr 26, 2005 2:58 pm

Also in context of the May MR, I'm looking for information about the lounges in STR. Is there one at all, I suppose STR is a quite small provincial airport.

ziplaufwerk Apr 26, 2005 3:11 pm

Stuttgart (STR)

Originally Posted by verve
Also in context of the May MR, I'm looking for information about the lounges in STR. Is there one at all, I suppose STR is a quite small provincial airport.

Stuttgart (STR): I flow recently with GermanWings from Stuttgart to Warsaw. Swiss customers can use the BA lounge. It's a very small lounge with very few snacks and drinks but it's ok. There is no Internet access.

Maybe you need an invitation. I needed one but I am not sure if this was because I flow GermanWings.

Frequent_Flyer1 Apr 26, 2005 10:57 pm

nice idea for this thread... :cool:

How about MXP - any experience with the lounge there? Invitation needed or not?

BTW: Maybe someone is interested in this. At DUS airport LX uses the BA-lounge (but I think this will change in the near future in favour of the LH lounge). The BA-lounge is quite nice and rather large in my opinion. A quite remarkable bar and drinks on offer, (small) sandwiches are also available, but no internet-PCs,...

No invitation necessary. If someone wants to have a look at the lounge, I made some pictures and could upload them to my server if someone is interested..

draker Apr 27, 2005 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
nice idea for this thread... :cool:

How about MXP - any experience with the lounge there? Invitation needed or not?

I used the MXP lounge at the end of last year and as far as I recall no special invitation is required. The lounge itself does not have many amenities and a rather poor food & drink selection. Nice staff though.

ziplaufwerk May 11, 2005 5:51 pm

Lounge access with an LX award for AA flights

I asked in the AA forum about lounge access for my trip to HNL with AA (award ticket issued with LX). AA members said that such tickets do not entitle one for AA lounge access. Is this true?

The STC web page says American Airlines Admirals Club You'll be welcome at our partner airline whenever you're holding a First Class, Business Class or Economy Class* ticket with a SWISS codeshare flight number - whether it's for an international flight or for a connecting service departing the same day or before 06:00 the following morning.

What is correct? Did every anyone fly AA in C/F with an award ticket, issued by Swiss? Where do I get which access on my trip?

LAX: LAX-HNL : Z
HNL: HNL-DFW: Z
DFW: DFW-CUN: U
CUN: CUN-MIA: U
MIA: MIA-SJU: U
SJU: SJU-ORD: U
ORD: ORD-ZRH: U (with LX)

Does this ticket really not give me any lounge access (except in ORD with my LX gold card)?

Besides, what is the difference between an AA member lounge and an AA Admirals lounge (if compared with the LX lounge in ZRH)?

airoli May 12, 2005 6:22 am

Originally Posted by ziplaufwerk
Did every anyone fly AA in C/F with an award ticket, issued by Swiss? Where do I get which access on my trip?

Yes, I did, and I can confirm that you do not get any lounge access anywhere on your trip, apart from ORD on the way back to Zurich. Sorry.

I am unaware of any difference between an AAdmirals Club and an AA member lounge. IMHO they are the same, i.e. the AAdmirals Club is a "members lounge" because only paying AAdmirals Club members have access.

Concerto May 12, 2005 7:07 am

You mean you don't get access to these lounges with an award ticket in C with AA flight numbers? So how do you get into the lounges?

atlantic May 12, 2005 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
You mean you don't get access to these lounges with an award ticket in C with AA flight numbers? So how do you get into the lounges?

as airoli mentioned, you will only get access to the Admirals Club lounges if you are an AC member (open to anyone who pays the membership fee). The only other way is on a paid international F/C ticket.

Admirals Club FAQ

ziplaufwerk May 12, 2005 12:47 pm

Why should one fly C/F in North America?

Originally Posted by atlantic
as airoli mentioned, you will only get access to the Admirals Club lounges if you are an AC member (open to anyone who pays the membership fee). The only other way is on a paid international F/C ticket.

Zirp, zwirtscher, tschilps... :D First thing I must say about AA (or AA lounges) :mad: Second thing: :td: :td: :td:

OK, I don't really have words. Let me ask you guys a basic question: Why should one fly C/F in North America if one doesn't even have lounge access?

beepee May 12, 2005 1:28 pm

removed

atlantic May 12, 2005 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by ziplaufwerk
Zirp, zwirtscher, tschilps... :D First thing I must say about AA (or AA lounges) :mad: Second thing: :td: :td: :td:

OK, I don't really have words. Let me ask you guys a basic question: Why should one fly C/F in North America if one doesn't even have lounge access?

larger seat, real food and liquor ... My guess is that with the number of people flying out of your average US airport it would be simply too expensive to maintain such large lounges.

LoungeLizzard May 12, 2005 5:02 pm

Why should one fly C/F in North America if one doesn't even have lounge access?[/QUOTE]

Very easy:
a) only if one has the miles to do so, like everybody else.
b) or if one has eaten too much fast food to fit into the narrow y seats. ;)

ziplaufwerk May 17, 2005 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
[B]Very easy:
a) only if one has the miles to do so, like everybody else.
b) or if one has eaten too much fast food to fit into the narrow y seats. ;)

Right LoungeLizzard, there are basically the two reasons that you mentioned [and those two reasons are not really good reasons to spend 50 % more miles].

I got the answer from AA today: The AA website is correct. You will not have access to Admirals Clubs on an LX Award ticket. According to your itinerary you will not have complimentary access to the Admirals Clubs but we do offer a one day pass for $50. If you would like to purchase the pass you may do so at each club on arrival. These passes are good for the day period so you may use them for two clubs if the trip is on the same day. :mad: The answer from Swiss is still pending.

Just in case we Swiss members won't have lounge access on the above mentioned route, it means that Swiss again published wrong information on their web pages a gold member has free access regardless the company he is flying with :confused: