Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New business class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2003, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
New business class

Hi

I would like to know when Swiss will have the new business class and on wich routs the airline will start. Have one of you some informations about that ?

Thanks

Herve
Old Feb 11, 2003, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Most likely you'll see everything new on their new A340-300 aircrafts when its launched later this year.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 9:24 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
The new A340s, which will be introduced as from July 03, all feature the new C and Y cabin and 6 of them will also have the well-known F cabin.

The A330s will be refurbished starting Q3 2003.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 8:44 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airoli:
The new A340s, which will be introduced as from July 03, all feature the new C and Y cabin and 6 of them will also have the well-known F cabin.

</font>
Anybody already seen a refurbished A330 ? I mean appart from the cushions and blankets
Old Oct 3, 2003, 2:14 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airoli:

</font>
Does that mean the ZRH-BKK-SIN route , which should be on a A340s has already the beds in "C" class ??? would be nice to get some infos about that one ! How is the bed ? Like SQ, BA , CX ???
Old Oct 5, 2003, 12:09 pm

www.destination-excellence.com has all the info you need. All A340s have the new C class installed.

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 9:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
I just flew SIN-BKK and return in C on their new 340.
Well, it seems a little cold, not very pleasant, but other people can think it's nice and clear.
This was a very short flight (2h) - I just try how it could be when sleeping on this seet - better of course than one week before in the MD11...
The cebin crew seems very proud about the new plane and C class was fully booked.
Service : I hate plastic plates. Food, correct.
Overall in progess in comfort to sleep. Place around seems also large enough.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 12:54 pm

Programs: LX/M&M, UA, AA, AF/KL, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Service : I hate plastic plates.</font>
LX now serves food on plastic in C??? r u serious?

haven't they been talking about 'Destination Excellence'? guess they haven't quite arrived yet...

andy
Old Oct 7, 2003, 12:04 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andyZRH:
LX now serves food on plastic in C??? r u serious?

haven't they been talking about 'Destination Excellence'? guess they haven't quite arrived yet...

&lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsdown.gif"&gt; &lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsdown.gif"&gt; &lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsdown.gif"&gt;

andy
</font>
it is usually porcelain, it must have been that they did not have enough crockery on board.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
J class plastic plates in a cold environment? Yuk! I'm due to fly in business on LX ZRH - BKK - ZRH but I note my particular LX flights are operated by Thai although Swiss fly the route. Well then, what do I do:- Switch to a smart new Swiss A340 or stick with Thai? I'd be grateful for any advice!

------------------
There's old pilots & there's bold pilots but there's not many old bold ...
Old Oct 7, 2003, 8:38 am

The plates are normaly china and not plastic, don't know why this wasn't the case in the described event.

I think "cold" refers to a cool ambiance and not the room temperature.

Considering the video on demand IFE and the flat seat, I'd go for the LX A340.

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
of course, "cold" refers to the ambiance. Plates were on a transparent platsic plate. On the segment BKK/ZRH I don't know
Old Oct 8, 2003, 1:03 am

Do you mean the transparent plastic tray? That was always there for small meals (breakfast, quick meals etc.). The large meals are now served course-by-course.

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hmm thanks guys - by the way any idea if the a340 has flat sleeper seats in J class compared to Thai MD11 or 747?

------------------
There's old pilots & there's bold pilots but there's not many old bold ...
Old Oct 8, 2003, 5:17 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by philco:
Hmm thanks guys - by the way any idea if the a340 has flat sleeper seats in J class compared to Thai MD11 or 747?
</font>
Regardless if compared to Thai or not, all LX A340s do have flat seats in Business class. Again, www.destination-excellence.com has all the infos you need.

------------------
truly yours. airOli.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.