Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2003, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,AF,CO,KL,LH,LX,UA
Swiss TC

In December I booked 8 flights with Qualiflyer:
Ams-Lisbon(TP), Lisbon-Zurich-Milan(LX),
Milan-Istanbul(LO)-Tbilisi(TK) and
Tbilisi-Istanbul-Ams(TK). Just one week before departure I checked with Swiss TC if there were any changes and now it appears TK has cancelled all 3 flights !! They called Turkish Airlines(not a partner anymore...)and they got the flights from Istanbul-Tbilisi-Istanbul ok again but on another date..but not the flight to Amsterdam.
However Swiss has lots of seats available in Economy but not in
the award-class ..........
Swiss TC didn't notify me when the flights were cancelled months ago and now they refuse to give me a seat
on their own flights even though they have enough seats....Iberia is full.So I will be stranded in Istanbul...What a bad service !!who knows what I can do more??
Old Sep 3, 2003, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I'm glad I didn't make any sort of fancy Qualiflyer free ticket booking before the end of last year. I was considering an interlining Air Littoral, SN Brussels, Lot and TAP ticket, but somehow thought the whole thing might turn out to be more trouble than it was worth.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Why is it SWISS' fault when Turkish cancels a flight? I think Turkish needs to reaccomodate you since they originally "sold" (even against miles) you a ticket and therefore promised to transport you from A to B.

If they can't fly you there themselves, they need to buy you a seat on another carrier IMHO.

------------------
truly yours. airOli.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

I called Swiss today.
The friendly lady told me that she would try
to get the authorisation to put me on that flight to Amsterdam. I have to call back thursday. So fingers crossed!!!
Airoli when Swiss can't give me the seat
I'm gonna try Turkish....Thanks for the advice.
Anyway I am still happy with the ticket. Because I can visit Portugal(less than 24 hours), Italy(stopover),
Istanbul(less than 24 hours) and Georgia....
With 4 different airlines.
And this only for 20000 Miles!!
Although in the new situation you can only
fly with 2 different airlines it's still a good deal I think....
Old Sep 4, 2003, 10:46 am
Original Poster

I called Swiss today.
Swiss in Amsterdam told me that they are
not allowed to change a "paid booking-class"
into an "award booking-class" even when there are plenty seats available....
So I called Swiss TC again.
And... I got my ticket from Istanbul to Amsterdam!!!
Only I have to spend now 4 days in Istanbul....because all the earlier flights were fully booked..
There are worse places than Turkey to spend
4 more days!
So I think I'll have a few walks from Europe to Asia over the Bosphorus bridge.....
Old Sep 4, 2003, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by trottertrotter:
ISo I think I'll have a few walks from Europe to Asia over the Bosphorus bridge.....</font>
That's a hell of a long, high and busy road bridge to walk over; and a long long way from central Istanbul. Were you thinking, perhaps of walking across one of the many Golden Horn bridges from the Bazaar to Beyoglu, (which is all in Europe)? Better, by far, to get a 500000 lire token and take the ferry over to Asia, with a cup of black tea and a simit (Turkish sesame seed pretzels). Jawdropping views both ways. Lucky you! Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by fraisse10 (edited 09-04-2003).]
Old Sep 4, 2003, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It has not actually been legal to walk across the Bosporous bridges for twenty years or so (not that they are really accssible anyway). You are referring to the Golden Horn bridges.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a million(Lira ofcourse)
Fraisse10 for your ideas!!!
I'll drink a black tea and take a
simit on you while on that boat.....
If you go on a trip Bon Voyage Fraisse10!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.