Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Airbus 330-200 questions

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2003, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Swiss Airbus 330-200 questions

Hello,
Long-time listener, first-time caller (oh, right, this isn't talk radio). We are likely to take Swiss Flt 6201 from ORD to ZRH. Having never flown Swiss, I have a few seating questions:

1. Which Coach seats offer the most legroom and overall comfort They indicate a 31" pitch, which is tight, so I wondered if bulkhead seats in rows 22 or 27 were better.

2. Which seats to absolutely avoid?

3 Do bulkhead seats in rows 22 & 27 have cutouts in the divider for storage?

4. Middle section of Row 22 has only 3 seats, while other rows have 4. This leaves an apparent extra stretching room for the person in 23F. Can anyone confirm that and indicate whether this is a good row to consider?

Thanks from long legged travelers everywhere!
Old May 1, 2003, 1:47 pm

Where did u see 31" pitch. I thought it was 32"?

Thank you.
Old May 1, 2003, 6:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
It says 31" here:
http://www.airlinequality.com/Product/seat_intro.htm
Old May 1, 2003, 6:44 pm

Thank you for the source. I think that 1 year ago it said 32" unless I am possibly wrong. 31" is tight. Not only that but the seats are really narrow. I wish they had info on the width of airline seats too.
Old May 1, 2003, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Seat width is 17.3" and, FYI, seat reclines 45 degrees, according to e-mail from Swiss.

Any thoughts on which seats might be more comfortable/legroom?
Old May 1, 2003, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I think the 31" pitch pertains to the european regional aircrafts.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:31 am

Programs: DL,SQ
I too have seen LX A330 economy seat pitch listed as 32" in some other tables.

There is a side-on view of a couple of rows of economy seats taken in an ex-LX A330 now leased by LH (I believe they did not change the Y cabin config.) on either airliners.net or jetphotos.net
(search under A330, Lufthansa, cabin view)
Maybe that would give you a better idea what to expect (in case you do not succeed on getting exit row seats).

I myself am actually wondering about the Y seating on the MD-11. Will be flying LX longhaul for the first time in June (ex-SIN).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.