Wiki Posts
Search

Fast track at Zurich airport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2023, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD , FBG
Fast track at Zurich airport

Is there any fast track for security at Zurich airport, if I'm coming from the city and have already checked in?

Star alliance gold and C ticket.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 6:22 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Yes there is. IIRC to the right side of the conrol.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Yes, both Star Alliance Gold as well as Business Class gives you access to a separate security line.

There are separate boarding pass scanners for priority and Economy to separate the flow, but they are next to one another, so no searching is needed.
Then there is a separate premium security line towards the left of the security on the main floor (where you enter after scanning your boarding pass).
Easy to locate, hard to miss. :-)

There are two more floors with additional security checkpoints, but those are only used at peak times, and I think that the priority line (always?) stays on the main floor.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD , FBG
Thank you both
Old Dec 3, 2023, 6:53 pm

Has anybody tried the new automatic gates with a guest (without status)? Do they also work with Skyteam or oneworld status but in Y?
Old Dec 4, 2023, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, LH SEN (*G)
Originally Posted by aflo
Has anybody tried the new automatic gates with a guest (without status)? Do they also work with Skyteam or oneworld status but in Y?
Tried it with AF/KL and as long as you have SkyPriority on each BP it works fine.

As for LX, it did not work for my guest (no status) last time. We went through together and the alarm rang for 3 sec. We subsequently learned you are supposed to ask for assistance if you want to take your guest. At that time, nobody from the airport staff was there.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 6:26 pm

With (very young) guest I was instructed to simply avoid the barrier by bypassing it on the far left (where it meets glass / wall). I was hoping that there was an option like in SK lounges where you can tap "guest" on a display and the person behind you can enter normally. But I guess, if no staff is there, bypassing on the left might be the way to go...
Old Dec 6, 2023, 2:41 am

Programs: LH HON
Don‘t forget the completely separate security at the FIRST lounge for SWISS passengers.
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 10:18 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by NCEflyer
As for LX, it did not work for my guest (no status) last time. We went through together and the alarm rang for 3 sec. We subsequently learned you are supposed to ask for assistance if you want to take your guest. At that time, nobody from the airport staff was there.
Since when does *A allow guests at fast track? 😮

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.