Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restoring 2019 service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2023, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Restoring 2019 service

We are now well past the virus scare and truly life should be an is "normal". However, SWISS has not brought its long haul cabin service back to 2019 standards. Ex-ZRH in F, the cart service for first courses is gone. So is the cheese trolley. Why. There was a grace to those carts. In C, first courses were served from a cart as well. Gone. At the end of the meal, chocolates were served from a nice Sprungli box. Now it is rolled up Lindt balls. Ex-US things are worse. From the West Coast, the flight time to ZRH is always over 10 hours. Why then the "all at once, everything on one tray service? Why miniature first courses on that tray. Basically the new service style in both cabins has lost a lot of the warmth and personality that used to be there. Am I the only one who feels this?
Old Jul 3, 2023, 11:35 pm

It's not just the passengers missing the Wägeli (as we call that cart in Swiss German) but the crew as well.

I asked the LX CFO about bringing back the cart in longhaul C and F during a management online-talk late last year. He remained uncommitted = no plans to change back to the good old times.
chris63, BinSabai and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
There are so many things on LX F not as good as pre Pandemic & agree the cart is one of them & the chocolate service
Old Jul 4, 2023, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
LX long haul was already pretty bad before the pandemic, in terms of the staff being warm or welcoming, so I dread to think what it's like now.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 1:44 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by chris63
There are so many things on LX F not as good as pre Pandemic & agree the cart is one of them & the chocolate service
This doesn't really disturb me, it anyway gets time to amend the service concept in LX F to a pure dine on demand service where all passengers can eat at their leasure, which BTW is already possible now if you explicitly ask the crew.

Generally quality has been going downhill mainly in C at LX, in F the standard has been kept +- I would say the most significant downgrade has been the removal of the LaPrairie products to this newly developed Soeder products which are inferior not mentoning the smell and texture of the hand cream etc.
chris63 and sbams like this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 2:17 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Like most here, I'm in the pro-cart and contra-bistro team.
chris63 and 59Impala like this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 12:42 am

Programs: LX SEN
I prefer the current bistro service in C. It gives more flexibility to delay (or accelerate) the timing of when I get my meal. I however very much dislike to have everything served on the same tray at once, as FAs now frequently do, especially on a 10-hour + flight.

With respect to chocolates, it makes no difference to me.

What I very much regret are the ice cream cones.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
The overarching theme is that the quality of food particularly in C has gone downhill. SWISS has the reputation as a real premium airline but that is in peril if this is not corrected.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
I personally don't mind the lack of a cart in F as I never seem to eat at the same time as other pax. I see that most start their meal when it is offered, I almost always take an extra drink, watch some TV, chat with my partner etc, and then I am normally ready for my first course when others are almost finishing the main. This never seems to bother the flight attendants as everything is so individual anyway.

In C I always ceremoniously take everything off the tray and lay my own table on the provided tablecloth, It looks so much nicer and its easy to just lose the tray to the side until service is complete.
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.