Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Manage Booking Comedy Hour

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2023, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold
Swiss Manage Booking Comedy Hour

The IT of Swiss leaves a lot to desire , under modify for passengers it shows first and middle name combined, so I added my middle name and deleted my middle name from my first name, result is that I now have my middle name duplicated and there is no way I can edit it.

Also home address and destination address once entered default to destination address , even though two different addresses should appear, another thing that you cant change after modifying.

Swiss really how idiotic, don't let passengers modify fields if your IT is in such a poor state, I now have incorrect information in my name and home address.
Old May 13, 2023, 2:46 am

Programs: LH SEN
It's lufthansa IT now with just some red and white skinning over the top.
chris63 and the810 like this.
Old May 16, 2023, 4:48 pm

Programs: LXFF
half the time I can't even see my bookings. I have to manually request each one...
Old May 17, 2023, 3:03 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Star Alliance Gold, ITA Airways Premium Club, Marriott Platinum
Lucikly this shouldn't been an issue in the airport! As long as the first name and the last name is fine, the middle part is often overlooked! :-)
Old May 17, 2023, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold
Originally Posted by simnik123
Lucikly this shouldn't been an issue in the airport! As long as the first name and the last name is fine, the middle part is often overlooked! :-)
Part of a multiple Business Mini RTW ticket involving Singapore Airlines / Lufthansa/ Swiss / Qantas

My agent assures me the ticket does not have duplicated middle names and that Singapore Airlines & Qantas does not have duplicated middle names, only Swiss and Lufthansa in manage bookings.

Last edited by robertr; May 18, 2023 at 12:41 am Reason: Added further info
Old May 18, 2023, 9:30 am

Yes, there are odd things.
When booking a flight, Aeroplan wasn't in the list of FF programs. Created a travel ID and I could finally enter my Aeroplan#. However, fetching my reservation from my travel ID works, but it can't remember it in my profile, so have to manually look it up by booking code every time.
Old May 21, 2023, 1:20 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by ced_lx
half the time I can't even see my bookings. I have to manually request each one...
same
Old May 21, 2023, 7:26 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
I've had similar issues and it previously caused me a lot of stress, but it usually ends up showing correctly on the boarding pass and has never caused issues for me in terms of documentation verification, FF miles or TSA precheck.
Old May 21, 2023, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Unable to reserve seats on one of my bookings, core customer care had to do it, they apologised and said they have been having lots of IT issues with the website / app & its being worked on
Old May 28, 2023, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by robertr
The IT of Swiss leaves a lot to desire , under modify for passengers it shows first and middle name combined, so I added my middle name and deleted my middle name from my first name, result is that I now have my middle name duplicated and there is no way I can edit it.
Same here. Plus birthdate and passport expiration date are off by one day and no attempt I make to insert the correct date sticks.

Called the North American SEN line, got shunted to call center in Manila (where has Peterborough gone???), first agent was passive-aggressively useless and rude, HUACA'd twice and met same passive-aggressive uselessness. Now have a file number with "web support"...
Old May 28, 2023, 8:42 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Have a booking for MIA for wife and myself. I can add the destination address for her, but for me not, get errors like „invalid“ or similar. Entered the exact same way.

previously, I could check a box to use the address for all passengers in the booking.

IT should make it easier, the newest updates are just nonsense. Considering I worked in Swissair IT and then for the provider of Swiss IT…. after their switch to LH and Amadeus everything has simply gotten worse.
Old May 28, 2023, 11:30 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Originally Posted by 59Impala
everything has simply gotten worse.
That is my general feeling as well, and I happen to know two or three things about it, too. 🙂
I've seen experienced people in tears who had to switch from LX- to LH IT products.

It comes to the point that I now question if LH IT is working for LH or against it.
Of course that sounds like just another stupid conspiracy theory, which I'm not a fan of, but just looking at it neutrally, their achievement over the last 10 years is really very, very poor.

On the other side, what I could do 40 (!) years ago to access the systems and my reservations via a 300 baud telephone modem in good old PARS and DCS was a lot better in many ways than what I can do now.
Yes, that was of course not a public access then, and now it is, but the lack of functionality and reliability now and the absence of tangible progress is incredibly poor.

Last edited by LoungeLizzard; May 29, 2023 at 5:04 am
Old May 29, 2023, 1:56 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
That is my general feeling as well, and I happen to know two or three things about it, too. 🙂
I've seen experienced people in tears who had to switch from LX- to LH IT products.

It comes to the point that I know question if LH IT is working for LH or against it.
Of course that sounds like just another stupid conspiracy theory, which I'm not a fan of, but just looking at it neutrally, their achievement over the last 10 years is really very, very poor.

On the other side, what I could do 40 (!) years ago to access the systems and my reservations via a 300 baud telephone modem in good old PARS and DCS was a lot better in many ways than what I can do now.
Yes, that was of course not a public access then, and now it is, but the lack of functionality and reliability now and the absence of tangible progress is incredibly poor.

oh yes, I accessed SITA waypoints and connected to PARS and DCS from my seat when transiting in BKK on SR182.
simple things that used to work do not any longer. It is just crazy. Yes, I kept a 3270-screenshot of my last flight on PARS ZRH-LAX-ZRH before LX switched to Amadeus/Altea. Nostalgia.
LoungeLizzard likes this.

Last edited by 59Impala; May 29, 2023 at 8:26 am
Old May 30, 2023, 3:11 am

Programs: LH SEN
Seems incredible - does anyone from LH actually use their own website?

How can it take so long to search for flights? Why did they remove seatmaps from the flight search results list?

If they were in my dev team, they would be fired.
chris63, lxfc, 59Impala and 2 others like this.
Old May 30, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: M&M FTL (*Silver), KLM/AF blue
I get regular surveys from LH and LX on how they could perform better services. I without exception tell them that they really need their act together regarding their online experience. They are really behind and this becomes more and more of a problem. If I decide not to fly them occasionally it is really because their online tools are soo much hassle.
Issue here is that I am pretty sure that their own management does not need to use these tools, they will just have someone do it for them.
And the online team will just report that they implemented this or that new feature without telling them how badly it is implemented and how buggy everything is...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.