Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First amenity kit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2023, 2:25 pm

Maybe this thread should be combined with the "no more La Prairie" thread or vice versa?
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 6:33 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
The removal of the lip balm from the amenity kits really is annoying. It's one of the things I actually appreciated to find in the amenity kits.
ijgordon, chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Sad why did this al happen just before my flight.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 2:52 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Sad why did this al happen just before my flight.
Just bad luck. Like I missed the caviar experience by a few days and will miss the upcoming seafood experience again by a days.
chris63 and spellofiron like this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 4:31 pm

Next step, only flights with odd numbers get kits. Next step after that, only flight numbers that are prime numbers get them...
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by NYC1
Next step, only flights with odd numbers get kits. Next step after that, only flight numbers that are prime numbers get them...
Or only on the outbound, as most people buy return tickets and can use the kit from the outbound on the way home. Rule also applies to PJs.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 11:19 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)

Only if the date of your day of birth matches with the flight number, will you get an amenity kit, provided it's a leap year. Oh, most flight numbers have more than two numbers? What a shame...
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, M&M Senator, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
The LH bean counters nicely squeezed the LX lemon to generate a net profit of CHF 456mio (with an EBIT margin of 10.4%) in fiscal 2022 - so, well done from a shareholder perspective and I'm afraid as long as the financial results remain strong, the lemon will be further squeezed to the max.
It will only change when plenty of C and F passengers switch to other carriers in other alliances. But the race to the bottom is fought all over the planet, so this is probably not going to happen...
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by athomas76
The LH bean counters nicely squeezed the LX lemon to generate a net profit of CHF 456mio (with an EBIT margin of 10.4%) in fiscal 2022 - so, well done from a shareholder perspective and I'm afraid as long as the financial results remain strong, the lemon will be further squeezed to the max.
It will only change when plenty of C and F passengers switch to other carriers in other alliances. But the race to the bottom is fought all over the planet, so this is probably not going to happen...
Yes, but as I said in the AF forum, there are alternatives, although those are not the most convenient if you’re captive to LX/LH/AF, which in fairness many are if living in CH/D/F.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Yes, but as I said in the AF forum, there are alternatives, although those are not the most convenient if you’re captive to LX/LH/AF, which in fairness many are if living in CH/D/F.
Fortunately EK serves my prime routes rather well, no issues getting a seat in F & no worries about cheap Champagne & Wine
demue and worldclubber like this.
Old May 1, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: LX SEN, ex-EK Gold. son of HON***
(not finding a general LX amenity kit thread. Should this be moved to LH thread?)

Noticed from 2 CoCreation newsletters I received in the last 2 weeks
( https://cocreationhub.lufthansagroup...ewsletter17-23 )

-May 10 and May 12 People who registered wil paritcipate in a samples show of different New First Class Kits designed by LX suppliers at the SWISS Kloten head office.

-Ask to partake in a survey for a future Economy Class amenity kit but after 2 weeks the Survey is still not on the site. (links redirect to 404)
(Eco Kits are designed by Master degree stundents in Major Innovations and Entrepreneurship from the ZHAW School of Management and Law in Winterthur)
Old Jul 22, 2023, 11:00 am

Would anyone have any suggestions on what to do with these things now?

I didn't even take the kits on all my flights. And most of those I did take ended up with the housekeeper. And now even the housekeeper's basically said arrêt.

Are these biodegradable? Only asking because supposed concern for the environment is what brought us here in the first place.

Old Jul 22, 2023, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Shelters and other charitable organizations looking after homeless folks are usually very happy to take them.
chris63 and vantage03 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.