Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
My only hesitation with flying from the USA to SIN via Europe is that this is two red eyes back to back on the eastbound. Could be brutal on the body and the mind.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
My only hesitation with flying from the USA to SIN via Europe is that this is two red eyes back to back on the eastbound. Could be brutal on the body and the mind.
red eyes?
there is enough time to sleep for long time in particular on the leg to SIN
classic red eyes for me are short flights (4-5 hours) during the night where crossing time zones even shorten your night; like Westcoast to Eastcoast in the US or SEA to Japan or Korea
yes it is 12 hours time difference from East Coast to SIN and that has a certain impact, but for me it does not matter whether it is east- or westbound...
Old Apr 11, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by BinSabai
red eyes?
there is enough time to sleep for long time in particular on the leg to SIN
classic red eyes for me are short flights (4-5 hours) during the night where crossing time zones even shorten your night; like Westcoast to Eastcoast in the US or SEA to Japan or Korea
yes it is 12 hours time difference from East Coast to SIN and that has a certain impact, but for me it does not matter whether it is east- or westbound...
Different people have different needs. Just one thing to consider given the OP's specific circumstances.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
That is a good point. I had not realized this. I see LH and Swiss have 1600 departures from ORD which is the earliest.

Thank you
Old Sep 18, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Bumping this thread with a video representation of my experience in J on SWISS’s A340. Key takeaways below:

- lovely and friendly crew on this flight
- food was good overall
​​​​​​- I actually slept well on the seat. I know many complain about it.
- expensive Wi-Fi

Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:51 pm

Programs: Currently: UA 1K | Previously: AS MVPG75K, SPG Gold, Kimpton IC, HH Gold
My two cents, as someone who flies LX on the 77W a few times a year, and *always* pays extra for the "privacy seat" (AKA "throne seat"):

Pros:
-Privacy seats in bulkhead rows are enviably private and have a larger footwell, from what I can tell.
-Food is decent compared to US/EU-based carriers
-Service has always been friendly and efficient, in my experience
-ZRH is a great low-drama airport for transfers

Cons:
-IFE sometimes has terrible options
-Hard product is inferior to some other airlines: seat narrow and hard, bedding perhaps not as plush

Last edited by felixmendelssohn; Sep 25, 2022 at 8:31 pm
Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: LXFF
Agree on all points. A330 frames are much worse in this regard. Planes are showing their age for sure. most where delivered in 2010 and 2012. The 777 feels ok to me.

I flew OS last summer for the fist time and you can feel that the airframe is older, but the better IFE screen really helps update the look.

Last edited by ced_lx; Sep 27, 2022 at 8:13 am Reason: so many typos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.