Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2021, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Swiss Business Class

We are considering an ORD-SIN route and Swiss is coming up at a pretty good price.

Can anyone comment on the quality of Swiss Air? For us we look for a comfortable lie flat seat, good IFE and meals and polite FA's.

Thank you.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, HH Diamond, A3 Gold, ALL Gold
Look’s like you’re on the right path!
Flyerholic likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 6:44 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
overall Swiss biz class is quite competitive, but it depends with whom you would like to compare...
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai
overall Swiss biz class is quite competitive, but it depends with whom you would like to compare...
What I am seeing now is that Swiss is much less that most of the Asian carriers I've looked at like ANA, Asiana, EVA for example.

I have looked at Austrian too and they code share with Swiss and Lufthansa so that also an option.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 4:32 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Jacketwatch
We are considering an ORD-SIN route and Swiss is coming up at a pretty good price.
Can anyone comment on the quality of Swiss Air?.
Why not mix with Lufthansa on one way. Swiss C is certainly more private (at the limit of being a coffin with small cubbyholes for the feet except row 4 and 6) and service might be "friendlier" with slightly better food quality (for a daytime flight), the seats are hard and flying as a couple with Lufthansa you will have more "closeness" as the seats are in close pairs and comfortable mattresses are provided which makes for a big difference. Service is straightforward efficient also.

Personally for a night flight as a couple I would always choose Lufthansa. For a daytime flight rather Swiss.
BinSabai and Jacketwatch like this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by behuman
Why not mix with Lufthansa on one way. Swiss C is certainly more private (at the limit of being a coffin with small cubbyholes for the feet except row 4 and 6) and service might be "friendlier" with slightly better food quality (for a daytime flight), the seats are hard and flying as a couple with Lufthansa you will have more "closeness" as the seats are in close pairs and comfortable mattresses are provided which makes for a big difference. Service is straightforward efficient also.

Personally for a night flight as a couple I would always choose Lufthansa. For a daytime flight rather Swiss.
Good advice, thank you.

I have heard Swiss biz seats are narrow. Seats comfort is important for sure.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Good advice, thank you.

I have heard Swiss biz seats are narrow. Seats comfort is important for sure.
If you can deal with the 2-3-2 business class on the Turkish 77W, the seat is very comfortable and the catering/service are very good. My wife an I have found the outside seat pairs acceptable for a couple. I am tall (1.95m) and have very large feet (European size 48 x-wide) and the footwell is much larger than most modern staggered 1-2-1 business class seats.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: LXFF
Is it the best product, no, But I see it as a safe bet. Never had any issues having had my butt in over 200 C/F seats. I always find that when you start talking with the FA's they open up,you just have to break the ice as they say. If you are a big guy, then the seats can be a little narrow.

I personally tend to find the Japanese carriers top notch.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Interesting, as I do agree that the 2 Japanese carriers would always be my first pick, just due to impecable service, quality of food and their had product. But I am planning on MIA-XXX-SIN-XXX-MIA in November (Thanksgiving week) and while TK was an option, I ended up picking LX flying in two 77Ws, instead of the 77W/A330 option (of course, no Japanese option from MIA without getting into 3 fights). You can't beat ZRH as a connecting hub and lounge, as the Swiss airport is one of my favourites in the world (of course, after SIN). I would pick LX over LH any day, but that is just me, who can perfectly sleep on any bed in J or F and is happy just at not being stuck in Y on such a long trip.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the great information.

I agree about the Japanese carriers being excellent though for JAL I have to go with the reviews. we have flown ANA several times and yes the food, service and them making you feel welcome and valued is that great intangible.

We have also received similar treatment from Asiana. In 2017 we flew biz in them LAX-ICN-SYD and back. Each flight was an A 380 and we had the same seats on each craft. I would take them again in a heartbeat.

Cheltzel thats for the reassurance about seat comfort. This makes the decision to use them much easier and good the hear the kudos about airport in Zurich.

Yes I have found that if you are nice to the FA's as with most people they are nice too. We flew DEL-Vancouver last year on Air Canada and I sure enjoyed chatting with he FA's during a quiet moment when I went to get some coffee and snacks. I slept through breakfast but they made sure to take care of me. it was very nice.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:16 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
LX Biz is good, our preferred choice for SIN to Europe routings (though we usually redeem if possible).

I'm taking it that you are paying cash for your flights so that may be the reason why you skipped SQ (Singapore Airlines) even though your destination seems to be SIN. If you are willing to make a domestic connection to NYC/EWR or LAX or SFO though you got yourself a very good seat and excellent service in a one-stop itinerary as well. Price should have come down a fair bit these days, but may still be a fair bit above other carriers. YMMV.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
ORD-ZRH-SIN is a great option. The only other one worth considering IMHO is ORD-TYO-SIN depending on what NH has operating on the TYO-SIN route.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by demue
LX Biz is good, our preferred choice for SIN to Europe routings (though we usually redeem if possible).

I'm taking it that you are paying cash for your flights so that may be the reason why you skipped SQ (Singapore Airlines) even though your destination seems to be SIN. If you are willing to make a domestic connection to NYC/EWR or LAX or SFO though you got yourself a very good seat and excellent service in a one-stop itinerary as well. Price should have come down a fair bit these days, but may still be a fair bit above other carriers. YMMV.
Hmmm. We were thinking to gift this next year to son and DIL for 20 years of being together and for her we thought tow shorter flights would be better that that trans Pacific one. I did look at SQ and found basically booking biz from ORD-SIN was only around $400.00 more than through SFO. It came to roughly $4800.00 so not bad though going with LX will save save quite a bit more.

I will check NYC as well. Thank you.!
Old Apr 3, 2021, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
ORD-ZRH-SIN is a great option. The only other one worth considering IMHO is ORD-TYO-SIN depending on what NH has operating on the TYO-SIN route.
They have never flown a top rated Asian carrier so if possible it would be cool to get that experience for them. It may spoil them for life.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 2:08 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hmmm. We were thinking to gift this next year to son and DIL for 20 years of being together and for her we thought tow shorter flights would be better that that trans Pacific one. I did look at SQ and found basically booking biz from ORD-SIN was only around $400.00 more than through SFO. It came to roughly $4800.00 so not bad though going with LX will save save quite a bit more.

I will check NYC as well. Thank you.!
If you want to break up the flight, yes LX offers a great option. NH can work as well.
Jacketwatch likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.