Wiki Posts
Search

New BoB meal concept in Swiss regional economy starting March 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:17 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I have to agree with YuropFlyer there. Never had problems with them bringing me some leftover food.

I remember one time where they even brought me a second leftover tray for me to eat in Euro J because I was still hungry. Good times

Obviously in longhaul F that is never a problem...
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
1/3 pricing on the last GVA flight of the day:
You can tell LX management is dead serious about sustainability!

Along with the "Too Good To Go" trial on GVA flights, accompanying measures are introduced in ZRH. The hot breakfast in the SEN E is scrambled eggs with mushrooms. And the hot lunch/dinner option? Polenta with mushrooms!

Now, in principle, the scrambled eggs are too good to go as well. A source tells me they are experimenting with a breakfast burrito sandwich with scrambled eggs to be served in the new premium economy class.

hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
It's been a while since I flew lots of LX Y longhaul, but my memory was that when I flew them heavily around 2016-2018, I rarely was turned down a second meal.

A few times - but not even that rare, I'd say about 1 in 5 - the crew would even ask if I'd like a C meal (I would never ask myself about a C meal, just asking if they had any spare Y meals) - especially with younger crews were some of them haven't even been to the destination, and were happy to hear some advice about what to do there. So I can't back the comments that were made above, about LX being stingy, at least not in long haul. But yeah, with the new BoB concept on SH and their new squeeze-me-tight 777s long haul, I will definitely pick them way too seldom to have any meaningful amount of flights anymore.
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I have to agree with YuropFlyer there. Never had problems with them bringing me some leftover food.

I remember one time where they even brought me a second leftover tray for me to eat in Euro J because I was still hungry. Good times

Obviously in longhaul F that is never a problem...
Yes fair enough guys, we, I anyway, are probably being a bit hard and unsporting on them. But I've had one too many duff crews in longhaul premium cabins to want to throw any more bookings their way. Back to BoB and others here have implied that we need to adapt concerning BoB and other developments and that is indeed right, no point in endlessly complaining and grumbling about it. This morning I had an excellent flight with Eurowings (DUS-GVA) and happily used the BoB offer (was even offered a free coffee refill!)
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess the crew meals aren't as tasty as the micro longhaul C meals? And you don't keep yourself trim by eating big portions!
Old Jun 19, 2023, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone checked the menu lately?

A chicken sandwich that weighs 185g is €11,50 that's absolutely hilarious

On Ryanair, A drink (including their really good Lavazza which is treated like some kind of marvellous innovation on LH) , snack (Pringles, mars bars etc) and a panini, beef lasagne etc is just €9,99 add €3 for alcohol instead of a soft drink.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by hugolover
Has anyone checked the menu lately?

A chicken sandwich that weighs 185g is 11,50 that's absolutely hilarious

On Ryanair, A drink (including their really good Lavazza which is treated like some kind of marvellous innovation on LH) , snack (Pringles, mars bars etc) and a panini, beef lasagne etc is just 9,99 add 3 for alcohol instead of a soft drink.
Yes but have you seen the prices in Switzerland period ?
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chris63
Yes but have you seen the prices in Switzerland period ?
Oh sure, but it's still hilarious.

You can't buy a sandwich in Warsaw airport for less than 30-35 PLN now, Krakow is no different. Whereas LO sell them for 15zl. It's a service or amenity to pax and priced accordingly.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by hugolover
Oh sure, but it's still hilarious.

You can't buy a sandwich in Warsaw airport for less than 30-35 PLN now, Krakow is no different. Whereas LO sell them for 15zl. It's a service or amenity to pax and priced accordingly.
Yes, i get that & agree with you, service went out of the Window at LHG, enforced by LH Mothership
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 1:10 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver

So these were part of the last flight offer and it was half price. Both of them for around 5 euros I think. Not bad.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a good chance to observe BOB and talk to the crew about it.

They know its expensive and uptake it low, especially on the business routes which makes sense but I flew a total leisure route and uptake was really poor and it was 100% in Y. And of course they’re so embaressed about the product. I’m not sure LHG crew would pass the Ryanair training because they’re just too miserable. Miserable salespeople don’t exist.

The funnist thing was the “environmentally minded” flog off where around 6-7 paper bags were loaded with mystery Swiss Saveurs goods (never mind about allergies) which are sold for 4/8 CHF. Only one was sold… it was the timing that made me laugh, about 30 mins after they’d sold it all full whack it was then all sold off. If it really was for the environment why not give it away? What happens to the 6 unsold bags and the paper bags they’re then put into? What about supporting the LGBTIQA2K+ community with something meaningful?

The flight landed back in ZRH at 4PM and obviously had further sectors, which means a further load of Swiss Saveurs will be going in the bin sold for later that day.

Easyjet Switzerland, which due to competition have completely annihilated LX in GVA and BSL price their BOB reasonably. Hot or cold meal, plus soft, plus snack 10,50 CHF or pay 13,00 CHF for beer or wine instead. These prices get you JUST a chicken sarnie on LX.

LX need to be careful, they will eventually run out of boomers.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I am 100% with you on all of this. Better to not get me started, all I do is just complain here about how dreadful LX and LH have become. Now my first choice of airline out of GVA is easyJet Switzerland and their inflight catering menu has greatly improved (CHF9,95 for a drink, a snack and a hot item or sandwich). Even in the Coop or MIGROS supermarkets you will spend more than 10 francs on such a combo. Oh, and the flight attendants are so much more friendly, helpful and engaged in what they are doing compared to those at LX. Indeed, LX is a disgrace and I'm surprised people don't complain more vociferously about it.
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.