Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX lounges restarting

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can Edelweiss business pax use the Swiss lounge in A? Connecting in J ORD-ZRH-LPA.
Is it still self-serve buffet and drinks?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can Edelweiss business pax use the Swiss lounge in A? Connecting in J ORD-ZRH-LPA.
Is it still self-serve buffet and drinks?
Yes and yes. Although there should be a cooking station in addition to the buffet.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 1:48 am

At least during holiday season the alpine lounge seems to be open daily (officially it's closed Tuesday and Wednesday).
Old Dec 30, 2021, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by aflo
At least during holiday season the alpine lounge seems to be open daily (officially it's closed Tuesday and Wednesday).
I was in the Alpine lounge today and was the only passenger there. I have not seen more than 10 passengers there in the past 3 months.

Can see it being closed again if this continues, which is a shame as it's a really nice lounge.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: LX SEN
Anyone has the latest menu of the F lounge in ZRH?

Thinking about whether it is worth getting a bit earlier to the airport and have dinner in the lounge and sleep more on the plane or not.

Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:34 am

Programs: LX
Originally Posted by bobhope2
I was in the Alpine lounge today and was the only passenger there. I have not seen more than 10 passengers there in the past 3 months.

Can see it being closed again if this continues, which is a shame as it's a really nice lounge.
I've been there twice in Nov/Dec before early afternoon flights and it was really well attended, approx 40 pax both times. Let's hope they'll keep it open, the other lounge in A was a ZOO
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by LUGlodo
Anyone has the latest menu of the F lounge in ZRH?

Thinking about whether it is worth getting a bit earlier to the airport and have dinner in the lounge and sleep more on the plane or not.

Thanks!
Check out my refresh/last post of this thread: LX First class lounge ZRH?

Assuming the lounge isn’t crazy busy, which I expect to be the case in the evening, then it’s worth considering. The menu has nice options and the food is very good for a lounge and most likely better tasting (and healthier, depending on your choices) than on the flight.
LUGlodo likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by bobhope2

I wouldn't worry about the lounge being closed again but lounge staff at the Business / SEN lounge A could be more pro active in asking eligible cusotmers to use the Alpine lounge instead during peak times which luckily for us is not the case so far
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:53 am

Passed through ZRH yesterday on my way back from LAX to LCY. Going from E to D in the afternoon, there were precisely zero lounges available for use unless you wanted to enter Schengen. I'm on a British passport so could have done, however it really is rubbish for Swiss to put their passengers in such a situation.
chris63 and BinSabai like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:43 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Currently in the LAX lounge. Average occupancy. Nice spread of salad and warm dishes, wine, spirits, beer. Bar is closed, but there is the self-serve area.

met a passenger booked on AF trying to get into the Star Alliance Lounge. Of course he was not let in. He was furious having paid 3000.- and AF has its lounge closed apparently. It was 4 hours before his departure. Pretty tough if true.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Currently in the LAX lounge. Average occupancy. Nice spread of salad and warm dishes, wine, spirits, beer. Bar is closed, but there is the self-serve area.

met a passenger booked on AF trying to get into the Star Alliance Lounge. Of course he was not let in. He was furious having paid 3000.- and AF has its lounge closed apparently. It was 4 hours before his departure. Pretty tough if true.
I was there on Monday evening before the LX flight - it was packed. QF and BA are using it as their lounge so was full of their passengers - somewhat like Piccadilly Circus in rush hour. However I managed to snag a spot in the corner of the outside terrace, which was quite pleasant, especially when they turned the heaters on.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 5:19 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Departed ZRH this morning, Apline Lounge nearly empty, maybe half a dozen people were there.

Lounge staff was amazing, would definetly recommend skipping SEN/Bus A and going to Alpine directly. The views and the ambience is great!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I've only experienced Alpine pre-pandemic, but I think the move of making Alpine the *G lounge was the right one.

Hoping I'll get a chance to try it later this year. Will have to see what comes of the whisky bar - I would like to go there at least one last time.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I've only experienced Alpine pre-pandemic, but I think the move of making Alpine the *G lounge was the right one.

Hoping I'll get a chance to try it later this year. Will have to see what comes of the whisky bar - I would like to go there at least one last time.
Regarding the Whisky bar, I'd assume that - considering all the bottles (and staff) are gone, we'd either see a proper long-term re-opening as some point (quite a bit in the future one would assume), OR it being gone for good, and considering it was already "run down" before the pandemic, with LX shorting it's opening hours in 2019 due to "labor shortage" (as in, we don't pay enough to our employees to get qualified staff, we'll be closing at 6pm - not that great of an idea if you ask me, even back then..) my money would be more on the later.

But nothing in between.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:54 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Departed ZRH this morning, Apline Lounge nearly empty, maybe half a dozen people were there.

Lounge staff was amazing, would definetly recommend skipping SEN/Bus A and going to Alpine directly. The views and the ambience is great!
I concur, and food is way better than SEN/BUS A and E. With automated passport control to E reactivated, I am even choosing Alpine over SEN/BUS E.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.