Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX lounges restarting

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: LX SEN
As SEN, ZRH is getting bearable, if one chooses the Alpine rather than the E lounge. The cops have restored the automatic passport control on the way to E, so there is no need to leave the lounge too early. Unlike other posters, I do not see any difference in J on the plane compared to pre-covid (neither in F, but I am not a regular F flyer). The only noticeable difference is that LX has acquired new air-Nespresso machines with milk containers (at the least in the a343).

On another note, last time I went from E to A (about 1 month ago), the automatic passport was not commissioned. Is it still offline? The one from E towards the exit is restored.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:34 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Reading so many spot on comments here, I do hope that you also share them with LX management when you get a chance. I do try to share, the good and the bad, via some of the events that happened earlier but also have ping Tamur if I am really bothered (or just have too much time on my hands ;-) ). Maybe they listen, maybe they don't. But if they don't hear anything, they could assume we're all very happy HONs or other type of frequent LX flyers.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Nic33
Just reserved seating from what I could see.
Thanks.

Pretty poor effort.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
Reading so many spot on comments here, I do hope that you also share them with LX management when you get a chance. I do try to share, the good and the bad, via some of the events that happened earlier but also have ping Tamur if I am really bothered (or just have too much time on my hands ;-) ). Maybe they listen, maybe they don't. But if they don't hear anything, they could assume we're all very happy HONs or other type of frequent LX flyers.
Exactly. Like I said in one of these threads, I'd suggest that HONs contact LX about the situation at the FCL A and to push to open the FCL E ASAP. Don't give management a reason/excuse to say "I didn't know". I'm sure this is all painfully clear to the staff at the FCL A, but I doubt they will say something or be heard.
Nik_Jr likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NYC1
Exactly. Like I said in one of these threads, I'd suggest that HONs contact LX about the situation at the FCL A and to push to open the FCL E ASAP. Don't give management a reason/excuse to say "I didn't know". I'm sure this is all painfully clear to the staff at the FCL A, but I doubt they will say something or be heard.
Did you read post 629 ?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Pretty poor effort.
Extremely & even worse than the LH offering in SEN B43
worldclubber likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Did you read post 629 ?
I did and I’m not sure if I agree with it or not in terms of how easy or possible it is to reach out to someone who listens to HONs. I was responding here to Nik_Jr post who’s an LX HON and since he knows the secret way of communicating with LX I wanted to express my agreement with his post and encourage others do what he does.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 8:43 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sophialite
On the plus side they do the doc checks now in FCL A, a benefit that makes so much sense even pre-pandemic that a higher up in LX would have been fired for even suggesting it.
yes indeed...that surprised me...they even did it for very complicate destinations (re docs) like BKK and I did not have to queue (a long queue indeed) in front of the gate, where there is no queue for premium passengers...
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by MichielR
Confirmed by LX: F àrrival service is back from 1 November.
I don't think anyone has yet confirmed its return with first-hand experience, so I can say that it has indeed restarted and I enjoyed it today coming off LX285 from JNB.
MichielR and BinSabai like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:46 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
It seems to me that the best option for offering lounge distinction in E is to open the Business Class Lounge. There are what, 8-10 F passengers per Int’l flight, compared to a significant number of C customers.

If overcrowding in the Senator E lounge is the real problem, it seems to me the next step is to open the the second lounge.

If the problem is F customers not being isolated from the masses, sound like you will just have to wait a bit longer…..

DEN
Old Nov 15, 2021, 2:38 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by DEN
It seems to me that the best option for offering lounge distinction in E is to open the Business Class Lounge. There are what, 8-10 F passengers per Int’l flight, compared to a significant number of C customers.

If overcrowding in the Senator E lounge is the real problem, it seems to me the next step is to open the the second lounge.

If the problem is F customers not being isolated from the masses, sound like you will just have to wait a bit longer…..

DEN
Two isolated issues: SEN E does get full at times, but the FCL in A gets at least equally overcrowded and it's supposed to provide a first class experience. Last few visits it was (almost) impossible to find a seat to eat your food in the late morning hours. LX has to monitor and address both issues.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by sophialite
Airports around the world during the pandemic have been operating so stupidly in the name of safety that they end up making for situations that are profoundly unsafe:

4) inconsistency of rules: you couldn’t eat outside food at the United Clubs but you could eat food they served inside. How is eating United provided Oreos in the lounge more safe than eating a taco you had to get with take away from the food court (because the tables there were closed off).
The UC outside food restriction is not COVID related. It is a long term rule.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:22 am

Considering the crowds and what LX is charging these days for tickets, they should open both the SEN and FCL at E!!!
chris63, gru_muc and physicsdude like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by NYC1
Considering the crowds and what LX is charging these days for tickets, they should open both the SEN and FCL at E!!!
Been noticing a lot of F fares are at J fare rates comparable to Qatar's J fares from the US to Africa/Asia. I'm not surprised that the lounges are packed and hopefully they open the FCL at E by the time I fly with LX.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 8:04 pm

Not sure about Africa or Asia but F prices to Europe are through the roof and nothing near J so that’s what I meant by “what LX is charging” and that they should open up the E lounges, especially the FCL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.