Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: Swiss refunds after cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: CX, BA
Originally Posted by florens
What are the current refund handling times? I‘ve been waiting 3 weeks now. Why are refunds for full flex tickets not automated anyway?
Mine took 2 1/2 months. I submitted in late Feb.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Got the refund. Took 3.5 weeks.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Exclamation

Originally Posted by florens
Got the refund. Took 3.5 weeks.
Hello, I bought flights to Moscow in May for travel in mid-July. It so happened that the sanitary situation in Moscow has worsened and all visas are suspended. I will not be able to travel at planned dates because of visa suspensions.

I don't want to refund. I want to change my flights to a later date.

I have tried and tried and tried calling Swiss on every contact phone number I could find. Basel, Geneva, France, U.S., U.K.... to no avail. The lines are always busy and I am always put on hold until forever.
There is a Facebook page but I will not give my info on Facebook. It's a public platform and I don't trust it...

Can anyone provide help with a phone number that will work or an agent to contact?
I would be very grateful for any help or ideas/suggestions. Thank you very much in advance.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I have always got through without a problem on the UK 03456010956 number. Last time I was in the same situation as yourself I pirvate messaged Swiss on Twitter to move my flight
Old Jul 1, 2021, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I have always got through without a problem on the UK 03456010956 number. Last time I was in the same situation as yourself I pirvate messaged Swiss on Twitter to move my flight
Thank you very much. The number you gave me worked. It got me to a call center. They answered almost immediately.
I explained I had to change the dates as Russia had closed its borders because of the pandemic and the high virus infections.

I tried to change the dates to August for another similar trade show. They said I had to add over $300 for date changes which I think is way too much (I turned it down) and then again the same situation might still happen in August because of the high rate of virus infections in Russia.

The woman said my ticket will not be refunded only the taxes. They said the fare I purchased was a promotional fare so only taxes will be refunded. I find it strange because Swiss had moved my flights a few times since i bought the original ticket. They had rebooked me on the return flights with Brussels Airlines at no extra cost as the Swiss flights were cancelled.

All this because of the pandemic and visa suspension, it is not of my own will. I would have preferred going to Moscow for the trade show in July. I thought the pandemic was a force majeure in such case.

I shall now pm them by Twitter and explain my case see what they say.
Thank you again for your help.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 1:59 am

Talking

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I tried another number. I called the line in Basel. 41 445641011 (or 1012)

I got through immediately with a French speaking agent. I explained her the situation in Mosow, the pandemic and all the rest. This one was very intelligent and responsive.

I said rebooking for another date was a gamble because of the virus and I wanted a refund. She said a full refund was possible as Swiss had moved my flights around a couple of times. A full refund is now processed. I will just have to wait.

Always need to insist and try every possible way to get the job done. It works.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 2:24 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by CDG1
Always need to insist and try every possible way to get the job done. It works.
It's great you are getting a full refund but to be clear this is a goodwill gesture from them, you were not entitled to a refund.

Immigration problems are the responsibility of the passenger.

When they changed your flights you could have asked for a refund but once you accept rebooking you lose that right.

But as you demonstrated, it never hurts to ask and it never hurts to HUCA...
Old Jul 1, 2021, 5:06 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by supine
It's great you are getting a full refund but to be clear this is a goodwill gesture from them, you were not entitled to a refund.
According to the OP:
She said a full refund was possible as Swiss had moved my flights around a couple of times.
So it sounds like the OP got lucky: LX had significantly changed the flight dates / times, in which case a full refund is possible. Otherwise, as supine correctly states, no refund is due just because the passenger no longer can, or wants to, travel. Fortunately, most airlines, LX included, offer at least 1 free change for any reason to encourage people to book at all in these uncertain times.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:35 am

Smile

Originally Posted by airoli
According to the OP:

So it sounds like the OP got lucky: LX had significantly changed the flight dates / times, in which case a full refund is possible. Otherwise, as supine correctly states, no refund is due just because the passenger no longer can, or wants to, travel. Fortunately, most airlines, LX included, offer at least 1 free change for any reason to encourage people to book at all in these uncertain times.
My refund was processed fairly quickly. The full amount appeared in my bank account about 2 weeks after I spoke with the Basel call center.
I had another GVA-NCE cancelled flight fully refunded. That one took longer. Full amount also refunded same way.
No wonder I like Swiss.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:57 am

A flight scheduled in september was cancelled in May and money just asked my card, for a LHR-NRT.
I had better luck with refunds from LH and SN even though I got lucky with the FX evolution to smoothen a bit the wait
​​​​​​
Old Aug 11, 2021, 4:37 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
My cancelled trip of 4 C tickets was refunded to my CC within less than 48 hrs. This was back in April 21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.