FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: netsurferrr
Print Wikipost

Swiss International Air Lines Passenger Abuse

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
OP spent hours in a TG lounge drinking and eating too much frozen yogurt. He then threw up in the lounge's toilet. While waiting to board his LX flight, he fell asleep in the gate area. Gate and airline staff deemed him unfit to fly, and he was eventually accommodated the following day (incurring some costs along the way). OP is very upset at the treatment he received as is in the process of complaining to a variety of regulatory bodies, including, bizarrely, the Better Business Bureau of New York.
... and spending like 90% of my time at the lounge surfing the internet.

" I would not have been deemed "unfit" to fly if the manager of the Thai lounge lied to the other parties that I escaped from / ran out of the lounge like a drunk student during a Florida spring break. I walked out of the lounge when I realize it was around 2230. Another employee from the Hong Kong Airport Services told me they had received a report concerning me in the exact wording."

Would you be upset if Swiss and Thai made up wild lies about you that are not true at all?

Why shouldn't I complain to a variety of regulatory bodies, including the BBB New York, if the lounge manager could make up lies about him being afraid of losing the local HK F&B license if my discomfort had not been properly dealt with?

Don't you find an agent based in Beijing communicating with the Consumer Council of Hong Kong with a white lie strange? I am not even sure that the lying agent actually visited Hong Kong in 2018 at all.

Last edited by netsurferrr; Mar 5, 2019 at 7:16 am
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:12 am
Original Poster

My apologies in advance in case English is not your first language, but your OP in the initial thread is difficult to read because of excessive hyperbole and stilted language. It would help your 'cause' a great deal if you would edit much of this out and slimline it.
Most people dealt with my case are NOT native English speaker, including the lying agent in Beijing.

My original message features clearly separate paragraphs.

Intense adjectives have been included because of the outrageous nature of the incident.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by netsurferrr
... and spending like 90% of my time at the lounge surfing the internet.

" I would not have been deemed "unfit" to fly if the manager of the Thai lounge lied to the other parties that I escaped from / ran out of the lounge like a drunk student during a Florida spring break. I walked out of the lounge when I realize it was around 2230. Another employee from the Hong Kong Airport Services told me they had received a report concerning me in the exact wording."

Would you be upset if Swiss and Thai made up wild lies about you that are not true at all?

Why shouldn't I complaint to a variety of regulatory bodies, including the BBB New York, if the lounge manager could made up lies about being afraid of losing the local HK F&B license if my discomfort had not been properly dealt with?

Don't you find an agent based in Beijing communicating with the Consumer Council of Hong Kong with a white lie strange? I am not even sure that the lying agent actually visited Hong Kong in 2018 at all.
I am not judging you, just summarising your excessively long OP. I was no there and did not see what happened, so I cannot comment on what actually happened. Nevertheless, it did happen, and complaining on FT, in the way that you do, is not going to achieve anything at all. Neither will complaining to Swiss aviation regulators or the (I really did laugh at this) the BBB. They will not even read what you wrote. When you do complain, you need to keep your prose much simpler. Stay away from words like 'liars' and 'cowards', because those are red flags for unhinged serial-complainers. Just keep it simple and understand that most people around you (whether working in CS or front-line at an airport) are not in the job that they are because they like picking fights, accusing people of random things, or making their own lives more difficult. I suspect you have a steep uphill battle in front of you if you choose to engage.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Well this is one of the most entertaining threads I have ever found on FT! God knows what 20 tubs of FROYO look like on the way back up!!!! And as for the pungent diarrhea.......................

Actually I witnessed a similar incident on an Emirates flight from Dubai to Capetown. A fellow passenger boarded in J, and then visited the toilet three times, vomiting loudly on each occasion. He was offloaded against his will, and the flight was delayed as the toilets had to be "decontaminated".

Perhaps it was the OP after "several" bowls of hummus!!!!!!!!!
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:39 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Nick Art

PS: Can we please have this thread closed?
+1 - let's not feed the troll...
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:40 am
Original Poster

I am not judging you, just summarising your excessively long OP. I was no there and did not see what happened, so I cannot comment on what actually happened. Nevertheless, it did happen, and complaining on FT, in the way that you do, is not going to achieve anything at all. Neither will complaining to Swiss aviation regulators or the (I really did laugh at this) the BBB. They will not even read what you wrote. When you do complain, you need to keep your prose much simpler. Stay away from words like 'liars' and 'cowards', because those are red flags for unhinged serial-complainers. Just keep it simple and understand that most people around you (whether working in CS or front-line at an airport) are not in the job that they are because they like picking fights, accusing people of random things, or making their own lives more difficult. I suspect you have a steep uphill battle in front of you if you choose to engage.
They are liars because they simply are. I did not call them "liars" BEFORE reading and hearing about their lies. I will definitely not stand upon ceremony if the lying airlines have decided to treat me and portray me in a certain way in advance.

The "fights" started because the Thai Royal Orchid lounge manager lied about me escaping from the lounge like a drunkard without permission. That's why the subsequently lying Swiss, the perpetually silent Hong Kong Airport Services got antsy about it.

My original complaint read nothing like the one you have read. The initial responses I got were pretty much like "please see things in a different light and thank you for your understanding." As I pursued the matter further, I had discovered the disgusting lies they wrote about me behind my back.

I contacted the BBB NYC because the United States is usually the biggest long haul market of most airlines, after I had sensed that Swiss / Lufthansa office in Beijing had pretty much shut the Hong Kong Consumer Council up with a disgusting lie.

Last edited by netsurferrr; Mar 5, 2019 at 8:38 am
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
They are liars because they simply are.
I think you'd get on well with my friend's young kids.

I contacted the BBB NYC because the United States is usually the biggest long haul market of most airlines, after I had sensed that Swiss / Lufthansa office in Beijing had pretty much shut the Hong Kong Consumer Council up with the lie.
What a very American attitude.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
OK. Please let us know what the BBB will do for you. They have no teeth and no frequent flyer is going going to care what they advise or don't but if it makes you feel better...
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
Well this is one of the most entertaining threads I have ever found on FT! God knows what 20 tubs of FROYO look like on the way back up!!!! And as for the pungent diarrhea.......................

Actually I witnessed a similar incident on an Emirates flight from Dubai to Capetown. A fellow passenger boarded in J, and then visited the toilet three times, vomiting loudly on each occasion. He was offloaded against his will, and the flight was delayed as the toilets had to be "decontaminated".

Perhaps it was the OP after "several" bowls of hummus!!!!!!!!!
Here comes another "TLDR" response.

I have NEVER been to Dubai.

The lounges I visited on 18 June 2018 did NOT offer ME fare.

I felt totally fine after a one-off vomit like at around 1800. The flight was scheduled to depart at midnight. I initially went to the WC on that occasion, thinking I needed to sit down "for comfort" because I had too much liquid in my stomach. Sometimes out of the blue, on the ground, I just need to visit WC for a sit down like having too much smoothie, etc. A particular blend of coffee from the machines at a certain HSBC premier branch somewhere in Asia always makes me want to visit WC for a sit down shortly afterwards. No health scare, sanitary violations, etc. are ever at play.

Afterwards, I surfed the web and ate as well as drank from time to time because I was busy with web surfing, and it was inconvenient to bring excessive food and drinks next to the PC.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
+1 - let's not feed the troll...
Let's talk about who the trolls are really.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I think you'd get on well with my friend's young kids.

What a very American attitude.

Here comes more false assumption alarm!

Well, I am not American.

Second, it is true that for most, but not all airlines, that the USA as a country is the second biggest long-haul market.

I never claim that the USA itself is a continent.

Of course, using other parameters such as the EMEA, for airlines like Emirates, the USA is not the second biggest long-haul market.

I think the Oceania is the second biggest long-haul market for the SIA group.

Naturally, you will hit it off with the manager of the Thai Royal Orchid Lounge in Hong Kong.

Last edited by netsurferrr; Mar 5, 2019 at 8:36 am
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:15 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Surely at some point one has to wonder if nobody sympathises with what you have to say whether it’s not because of everyone else...
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:19 am
Original Poster

OK. Please let us know what the BBB will do for you. They have no teeth and no frequent flyer is going going to care what they advise or don't but if it makes you feel better...
Actually, I have very complex airline-related issues of a different kind resolved through the BBB, such as verbally being offered a full refund by an outsourced reservations office of an airline because of the mistakes involving ticketing; being asked to reverse that charge with my credit card provider and told that the reverse charge will be honored; having the reverse charged reversed again by the airline head office; the head office denying the promise ever given; and finally receiving a full refund and then some through the involvement of the BBB. The airline in question is not headquartered in the USA, neither is the outsourced reservations office.

Last edited by netsurferrr; Mar 5, 2019 at 8:27 am
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Surely at some point one has to wonder if nobody sympathises with what you have to say whether it’s not because of everyone else...
Somebody, such as the Hong Kong Consumer Council, sympathizes with what I have to say but are powerless to force the lying Swiss to do the right thing.

"
It is this Council's perspective that a complaint that arose should not have been without reasons and that there may have been own reasonable reasoning for the complainant being dissatisfied about. It may not come any closer to resolution if it is a persistent stand taken by your company and that on contrary, if with more understanding shown towards the complainant's feelings and with more sincerities given, it may help bring the matter to a rapid amicable end.

It is thus again this Council's conciliation and strong advice to your company to follow it up further, proactively consider the opinions and settlement request as raised by the complainant, or even explore a settlement arrangement that is more feasible to have the matter bring to a rapid amicable end and revert to us via email...
"
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Well, I am not American.
Based on this thread, if I had to guess, the OP is an obnoxious Brit who loves taking £5 FR flights to Eastern Europe to get drunk on super-cheap booze.

10-year silence on FT and now the OP pops up with a sob story about how they got drunk, were denied boarding and now everyone is responsible for everything, except the OP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.