Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Air: Are knitting needles allowed in my carry on ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Swiss Air: Are knitting needles allowed in my carry on ?

Are knitting needles allowed in my carry on Swiss air?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:38 pm

Hello!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I remember shortly after 9/11 being on a UA flight from LHR to ORD. I went to the galley because no one responded to my call bell requests for another glass of wine. The FA was busy with her knitting with huge needles and ignored me for the better part of two minutes. Then she told me that I should sit down because congregating by the lavs was a security risk. I don’t think she got the irony.
chris63 likes this.

Last edited by LondonElite; Feb 1, 2019 at 2:37 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
The question should be “what are my chances getting them through security?” To which the answer is “no one knows as this depends on the mood of the security agent doing the check” or “depends on the airport”.

I would recommend to check them and bring something to read instead.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: Star Alliance
In my experience security has never been bothered by my bamboo knitting needles. Metal ones might get flagged though. And if security let you through then it's just checking Swiss's CoC to see if they officially allow you - if yes knit on board, if no then keep it in your carry on.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Cascades42
In my experience security has never been bothered by my bamboo knitting needles. Metal ones might get flagged though. And if security let you through then it's just checking Swiss's CoC to see if they officially allow you - if yes knit on board, if no then keep it in your carry on.
Bamboo or Plastic, maybe but one would have to hope metal ones are NOT allowed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.