Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is there no seat choice available on the A319?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Why is there no seat choice available on the A319?

Looking to book an upcoming flight with a connection from ZRH to VIE, I have the option of a 1h10m or 3 hour connection.
The shorted connection is an A319 and the longer one is an A321. if I pick the A319 there are no seat options at all (only window or aisle preference...),and no seat map available, while the A321 has plenty (including many extra legroom seats).

Why is that, and is there anyway of choosing a seat / paying for a seat, or only when online check in opens?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: LH M+M
The 319 is op-by Eurowings or Austrian?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:27 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
The A319 is a codeshare flight operated by Austrian Airlines and while LH Group all use Amadeus, you can’t reserve seats on swiss.com on LH or OS operated flights (or vice versa).
At Check-In it works and with calling in it should too.
I’m not sure but you should be able to add your PNR on either LH webpage (to select seats on LH operated flights) or on OS (to select seats on OS operated flights. However I’m not sure if this is possible anymore.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Thanks guys.

I missed the fact that the flight was operated by OS. makes sense now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.