Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carry on allowance ... just making sure

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Carry on allowance ... just making sure

Hi,

i will fly HAJ-ZRH-EWR in business and have a roll-on bag , a small/regular back pack (an everyday one no hiking one) and now a ukulele I just purchased.
i should be able to get all of them as Carry on as there is a 2 pieces plus personal item on the website (ok the roll on might be slightly heavier than 8kg but the uke is considerably lighter).
is my thinking correct or did I miss something?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:28 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

i will fly HAJ-ZRH-EWR in business and have a roll-on bag , a small/regular back pack (an everyday one no hiking one) and now a ukulele I just purchased.
i should be able to get all of them as Carry on as there is a 2 pieces plus personal item on the website (ok the roll on might be slightly heavier than 8kg but the uke is considerably lighter).
is my thinking correct or did I miss something?
I‘m pretty sure you will have no issues. I personally have never even been asked to weigh my carry ons on LX ever.
Dianne47 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:01 pm

You should be fine. If I were you I'd make sure I boarded as early as possible because you absolutely want to avoid them checking the ukulele.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
You also want to be sure that no one smashes your ukulele when they put their items in the overhead bin. If you put the uke into the bin before it's full, be super vigilant that someone doesn't put a bag on top of it as they might not even notice it's there. I would probably hold the uke in my lap until everyone nearby has loaded their larger carry-on(s) and put the uke on top. I would also want to have a drawstring bag to put it in to protect it from scratches, you could have this in your backpack and take it out when you get to your seat, then put the ukulele in it to stow it in the bin.
VoiceActor likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Business wasn't full and lots of overhead space available. And the uke was in a travel cover well protected.
Dianne47 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:21 pm

Was on LX1266 ZRH-CPH (A321) on 03AUG2018 and gate agent patrolled boarding area with hand held scale. She identified several offenders with too heavy or too large bags and made them gate check them. She was so ambitious in her endeavors that boarding was held up for ~15m and departure was delayed likewise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.