Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What radio channel plays at Zurich airport?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:20 am
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
What radio channel plays at Zurich airport?

I’ve always wondered what radio channel was playing at Zurich airport. (Specifically you can hear it in the baggage claim area of arrival 1 very well). A quick google search didn’t bring any results so maybe one of you guys knows more about it.
Or is it a playlist?

Last edited by Nick Art; Jun 25, 2018 at 5:28 am
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
That's professional cutted music... adapted to the environment where it's played to...

The airport ist not the only place, where background music is played to increase the staying quality of their custumers.

Last edited by Air Rarotonga; Jun 25, 2018 at 12:27 am
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I think (not sure) it's Radio Swiss Pop, an internet channel of Swiss Radio. At least that is what they play in the lounges (unfortunately)
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I think (not sure) it's Radio Swiss Pop, an internet channel of Swiss Radio. At least that is what they play in the lounges (unfortunately)
All "public" places in this country (Switzerland) playing "background" music pumps out Radio Swiss Pop, and usually at very low levels, so without even having heard it (I block it out these days), it MUST be RSP. There are no other options here!

Even my gym is "pumping" out RSP through the speaker system which is weird as it's not very hard pumping tunes coming out of the speakers :-D
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:26 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
That's professional cutted music... adapted to the environment where it's played to...

The airport ist not the only place, where background music is played to increase the staying quality of their custumers.
Could be... Although I kind of disagree with it actually increasing the quality of my stay...

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Originally Posted by Cupart
All "public" places in this country (Switzerland) playing "background" music pumps out Radio Swiss Pop, and usually at very low levels, so without even having heard it (I block it out these days), it MUST be RSP. There are no other options here!

Even my gym is "pumping" out RSP through the speaker system which is weird as it's not very hard pumping tunes coming out of the speakers :-D
Well I heard a song at around 15:20 and it stuck in my head. I did check out the list of songs played on Radio Swiss Pop at that time, but it doesn't seem to be on it... Maybe it sounded different in a crowded and loud area :P Or maybe it's a playlist as claimed in reply 1.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:09 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I am now 100% certain it is not Radio Swiss Pop. After checking in for my one week EDI trip on the 5th of June I treated myself to some gourmet (MCD) dinner and there in the big hall with the different restaurants at exactly 21:40 there was Abba The Winner Takes It All playing. I then checked on the online shedule of Radio Swiss Pop and that song was nowhere to be found!

So it must be something else. The mystery continues.

Last edited by Nick Art; Jul 13, 2018 at 11:15 am
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Do they by chance have more internet channels?

By the way radio is on in FCL E. But it's very quiet, I didn't even realize it's there for quite a long time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.