Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Lounge in A [opened 05MAR2018]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by vantage03
I wonder if E to A will be aircraft to A or E-lounge to A..?

Maybe the no transfer for HON isn’t just for capacity and budget reasons, but an LH directive.. otherwise why would transfer pax like me ever go through FRA again? I could do without the 20min+ trek from Z to B or FCT (which incidentally I had to do this morning so my displeasure is especially fresh lol)...
Note that one of the reports of the opening linked in another post says from the plane. But if that is the case, why do they wait until summer?

The PA service in outstations and the FRA limo pickup started for HON and were later extended to F, IIRC. This is the first instance of F benefit not available to HON that I am aware of.

Agree re FRA, though most of my short haul still gets an apron position. I avoided FRA as much as possible before I became HON. Aside, I find that I have to walk more in MUC since the opening of the satellite.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by MichielR
The PA service in outstations and the FRA limo pickup started for HON and were later extended to F, IIRC. This is the first instance of F benefit not available to HON that I am aware of.

It would, however, reflect the recent trend to honor ticket price over status. Let's see what really happens.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
Spent two hours in the new Swiss First Class lounge in Terminal A today, arriving from an intercontinental flight in E, taking the Heidi train to A and walking to the lounge.

In summary, I was disappointed.

The lounge appears small in comparison to the old lounge. There are no windows to the outside, only inside to the area bellow between the pharmacy and entrance to the security checks of terminal 1. It is dominated by the bar in the center, with constant emissions of the sound of the espresso machine. The small booths for making calls in private are open on the top and one is permanently disturbed by the sound from the espresso machines, bottles and china from the bar and the open kitchen area. Impossible to make calls on private or concentrate. The lack of complete enclosure of the booths is a complete design failure.

The toilets and bathrooms are also small in comparison to the toilets in the first lounges in Frankfurt.
Unfortunately I am already missing the old First Class Lounge.
My recommendation, when connecting to/from an intercontinental flight, go to the E lounges.

Last edited by Ziegenhorn; Mar 10, 2018 at 12:59 am
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by ced_lx
Strange about the E to A not for HON, but it must be a capacity issue. There must be more HONs than we think.
Strange indeed & disappointing if it turns out that way.

The FCL/FCT Staff tell me the number of HON’s keep going down, first because of no HON miles in Y & then the reduced miles in Z & P, P class can be expensive too & the miles are a joke, I end up on a lot of P fares intra EU if it were not for my A & F fares HON would no longer be achievable for me.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn
Spent two hours in the new Swiss First Class lounge in Terminal A today, arriving from an intercontinental flight in E, taking the Heidi train to A and walking to the lounge.

In summary, I was disappointed.

The lounge appears small in comparison to the old lounge. There are no windows to the outside, only inside to the area bellow between the pharmacy and entrance to the security checks of terminal 1. It is dominated by the bar in the center, with constant emissions of the sound of the espresso machine. The small booths for making calls in private are open on the top and one is permanently disturbed by the sound from the espresso machines, bottles and china from the bar and the open kitchen area. Impossible to make calls on private or concentrate. The lack of complete enclosure of the booths is a complete design failure.

The toilets and bathrooms are also small in comparison to the toilets in the first lounges in Frankfurt.
Unfortunately I am already missing the old First Class Lounge.
My recommendation, when connecting to/from an intercontinental flight, go to the E lounges.
Sorry to hear that. But actually I was afraid and almost expecting something like this. I only spent 20 minutes in the new lounge on the day after it opened, and that time was at the reception desk, in the shower and then out again with one of the drivers to my plane on an open stand. So in other words I did not really experience and discover it.

However, that first impression I got was that the lounge felt crowded. Tables were scrammed in, with two tables by some wooden wall right next to where people walk past. No real views outside. But then again, I still have to discover it in detail. I hear there is a terrace, haven't seen that yet for instance.

I'll be there again tomorrow afternoon and will then have more time to find out. However, I do know that I'll like the dedicated security checkpoint, which I hope has metal detectors that are slightly less sensitive than the ones in the main central checking areas.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC SE
Does anyone know when the Senator Lounge in Terminal A will be ready?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou
Does anyone know when the Senator Lounge in Terminal A will be ready?
Was planned for April, but there seem to be some delays.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Was planned for April, but there seem to be some delays.
Flying through ZRH on May 4th - fingers crossed it will be open by then!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:39 pm

thanks for the information. I have a quick, practical question: is there still a First Class check-in area near the door or you have to proceed with luggage up the lounge podium?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by LukasNied
thanks for the information. I have a quick, practical question: is there still a First Class check-in area near the door or you have to proceed with luggage up the lounge podium?
Last week it was still there and I don‘t see a reason why you should have to take your luggage to the lounge.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou
Flying through ZRH on May 4th - fingers crossed it will be open by then!
I personally would doubt that. Well, there are still the other lounges in D and E.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: LH HON
but the Lounge would also be able to take my luggage, right?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by daumueller
but the Lounge would also be able to take my luggage, right?
I didn‘t try, to be honest. It seemed much more convenient to come in from the street, where I was greeted by two friendly staff at the first check-in right behind the door (I think they call it the First Checkin Lounge), got rid of my luggage there, from where it‘s a 30 second walk to the security checkpoints and the adjacent stairs to the FCL.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: MM FTL
why would you want to take your luggage to the lounge ?? there are still first class check-in counters and also the first check-in lounge
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Charly61
why would you want to take your luggage to the lounge ?? there are still first class check-in counters and also the first check-in lounge
why would I want to make an extra stop if the Lounge can take care of everything?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.