Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Lounge in A [opened 05MAR2018]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
First Class Lounge in A [opened 05MAR2018]

I received an invite to visit the new lounge next week. The official opening (according to lounge staff) is on March 5th, but in its invitation they only say "in March".

I won't be able to attend, traveling somewhere else, but if anyone else goes there it would be great if you could share pictures (if you're allowed, but I think it's OK). I trust the lounge will be nice, the thing I really are curious about is whether it will have views on the tarmac! Nothing more depressing than sitting in some box with no windows or a view on some uninspiring "Betriebshof". Anyone remembers the very first FCL at the launch of the HON programme which was where the SEN lounge is now? A bit of a dungeon.

But given that they have closed the far end of the current FCL I gather that they'll build the FCL there, which means tarmac views (unless they'll put the kitchen there).

Really looking forward to the new lounge which I presume will be in the style of the FCL in E, the old one (=current) has never been really good, and with the added benefit of a separate security control lane it'll be a real pleasure to travel from/to/through ZRH.

EDIT: if you got the invitation as well, did you notice the terrible photoshop image?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: LXFF
If its like the E lounges, there will be a mnedia event and plenty of pictures online. Honnestly, the entire point will be the security check. The E lounge is pretty sweet with the terasse.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Received the invite, too but won’t be able to come to ZRH for the opening. Will take a look the following week when passing through ZRH.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:24 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
The official opening (according to lounge staff) is on March 5th, but in its invitation they only say "in March".
Do you know whether the Business Class Lounge will open at the same time as the F lounge?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by lightwalker
Do you know whether the Business Class Lounge will open at the same time as the F lounge?
The website still says March for FCL A and April for SEN and C-lounge A, so probably not.

https://www.swiss.com/us/EN/fly/airp...a#t-page=pane2
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:02 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Originally Posted by MichielR
The website still says March for FCL A and April for SEN and C-lounge A, so probably not.
Thanks for the info. Too bad, seems that I'll just be three days too early for my short-haul biz flight on March 29th. Next time then..
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
I will be there this Saturday heading to SIN. Will try to ask for a quick tour before the official opening .
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
The MdC on my flight the other day had a tour and said there'll be a big surprise in the new F lounge which hasn't been announced yet. I got the feeling it could just be a design feature but might be more. Looking forward to hearing reports!
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: LX SEN
So the surprise seems to be the smokers area whith an outdoor deck and a whisky offering (next to the grappa bar)

https://abouttravel.ch/reisebranche/...iss-ist-parat/
https://www.ausbt.com.au/new-swiss-z...e-look-of-luxe
cbourl likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
And a Gunter Sachs corner/sofa. The separate security checkpoint was already announced?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
The limousine service for all incoming pax from Piers B and E as well as from open stand positions is great! Really looking forward to that.

The current rule of only picking up GVA-bound pax by limousine is a bit ridiculous, we've said that many times, and it's great that now they are acting on it. Having the dedicated Business Class minibus for open stand arrivals was good, but now also having a pick-up from Dock E is good news ^

Last edited by San Gottardo; Mar 2, 2018 at 3:34 am
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by oliver2002
And a Gunter Sachs corner/sofa. The separate security checkpoint was already announced?
yup... at some point I think they even called it an FCT in the Terminal...
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: LH HON
The limousine service for all incoming pax from Piers B and E as well as from open stand positions is great! Really looking forward to that.

The current rule of only picking up GVA-bound pax by limousine is a bit ridiculous, we've said that many times, and it's great that now they are acting on it. Having the dedicated Business Class minibus for open stand arrivals was good, but now also having a pick-up from Dock E is good news ^
usually coming in from NUE on a Dash, I agree... then again, "from summer"... let's see when they really get it up and running...
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: LXFF
No surprise on the design Looks good. How many showers/day rooms?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Thumbs down

but only for F class passengers not for HONs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.