Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iPass on SWISS Connect

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by oliver2002
iPass was a great thing back in the day when data was expensive, no it has become nearly irrelevant... you could dial in to various free access points and use the hotel wifi or ethernet and not pay 20-25$/day for access....
An unlimited wifi plan that works for SWISS Connect would be great, considering that LX charges 9CHF for 20MB, 19CHF for 50MB, and 39CHF for 120MB. The 50MB voucher in F is almost insulting; I just collect them in hopes that I will one day be able to amass enough vouchers (before they expire) to do more than check my e-mail. When booking business, I am always torn between LH's unlimited wifi, but whose seats are not so great and much too close to my neighbor, and LX, where the seats are far superior, but the wifi is cost-prohibitive.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
has anyone had any success with their ipass login on LX?
zoechow likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by cg346
has anyone had any success with their ipass login on LX?
Yes, I'm on LX38 ZRH-SFO now and I'm able to connect using my iPass. You have to enter your credentials through the browser and cannot connect through the iPass app. However, I am able to log in on two devices simultaneously, which I don't think normally works for browser log-ins.
kooks, zoechow and Flyaway1537 like this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
that's great news. thanks very much for the info!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by PurpleMonkey
Yes, I'm on LX38 ZRH-SFO now and I'm able to connect using my iPass. You have to enter your credentials through the browser and cannot connect through the iPass app. However, I am able to log in on two devices simultaneously, which I don't think normally works for browser log-ins.
Hey purplemonkey, I'm trying to connect on the swiss flights.
How did you get the credentials to enter on the browser? As in connecting through the cphtravelwifi, I don't know the credentials...

cheers !
Old May 21, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Chase, United
Airlinecheckins WiFi on LX?

does anyone have experience using airlinecheckins WiFi on Swiss flights? I am considering purchasing for upcoming flights. Any instruction needed to get it to work once on board?
Old May 21, 2019, 11:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The system uses ipass which works on LX.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swis...ighlight=ipass
Old May 21, 2019, 11:37 am

Thanks. I went to sign up but it says sold out. Is there any other way to get affordable WiFi on Swiss?
Old May 21, 2019, 11:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

CPH wifi and mobilise use the same provider:
https://cphtravelwifi.dk/inflight
https://mobilisehotspots.com/
Old May 21, 2019, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
CPH wifi and mobilise use the same provider:
https://cphtravelwifi.dk/inflight
https://mobilisehotspots.com/
thanks. I’m getting errors when trying to purchase either. I saw someone report similar in April. Will keep trying or look for other posts.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:55 pm

any log in tips just to make sure ipass will work once I’m on my Swiss flight?
Old May 22, 2019, 5:08 pm

More specifically, did the app connect you, or did you have to find some special page for login without ipass credentials?
Old May 25, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by zoechow

any log in tips just to make sure ipass will work once I’m on my Swiss flight?

I bought the 3 months promotional offer with iPass and Airlinecheckin (who belong to Lufthansa), tried with several airlines QR/SQ/TG between Europe-Asia from last November to January (unfortunately not LX).

I never get any working connection in these airlines. After investigation and support answer from iPass and QR, I get one interesting answer, that by example only 4 planes from QR work with this system, so lower expectations if your plan is to use it globally.

I find also the phone appplication very annoying, trying to connect everywhere in all time without much success.

Is this working better with LX/LH ?

Last edited by GalaxyChris; May 25, 2019 at 8:28 pm
Old May 26, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
It worked great on LH/LX (credentials to be entered manually as discussed above) until AirlineCheckins stopped including iPass with their subscriptions lol
Old May 26, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: M&M / hhonors
Slighty unrelated to the topic at hand, but didn't want to open a new topic:

I do have some Lufthansa Flynet Vouchers left. Can these be used on LX flights?

Thanks,
sMk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.