*G boarding on different PNR's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: *G
*G boarding on different PNR's

Hi everyone,
I'll be traveling in Y with my mom soon. I have *G, she has no status. Is it okay if we board together when *G boarding is called? Or is it frowned upon/will she be sent back? If so I'll just board together with her back in the line, but it'd be nice if we could both board during *G boarding. We're on completely different itineraries but the same flight (e.g. I'm flying YVR-ZRH-DXB, she's just flying ZRH-DXB) so I don't think combining the PNR's would work.

What about check-in on the way back, can she join me for priority-check in?

Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
If you go upfront and tell the gate agent that you're travelling toghether, it should be no problem that both of you can pre-bord the plane...

But, please mind, all passengers will arrive at the same time at the destination airport!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
If you go upfront and tell the gate agent that you're travelling toghether, it should be no problem that both of you can pre-bord the plane...

But, please mind, all passengers will arrive at the same time at the destination airport!
Haha I'm fully aware, but my mom isn't good with flying and the faster we get on the plane, the faster she can knock herself out with sleeping pills and the less stressed she out she is! Plus, better access to overheads.

Will let the gate agent know when we get to the boarding area to tell/make sure it's okay then, thanks!

Now what about check-in for the return? Obviously no extra luggage allowance since different PNR's but we won't need that, just curious about check-in lines.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:19 pm

Won't be a problem.

But I don't really understand the lewdness for priority boarding. Especially on long haul flights.. better to board late.

Especially in Y, where you might be able to sneak an empty row for yourself/your mother when boarding late/last pax (otherwise, you better wait for that "boarding completed" sign.. I've had way too many occasions where I had to tell other pax to pound sand because they thought it's fine to seat in my seat..)

edit: Ah, you beat me by the seconds.

Usually, overhead isn't bad on long hauls. i always board last on longhaul and ever head issues finding space.

Sleeping pills, well, everyone to each own. I'd prefer to eat something and then sleep, but if she prefers to sleep immediately after boarding..

You can check-in on the return together, no problem again. BUT.. even on same PNR, the only person getting *G benefits on luggage will be you. Other pax don't have any extra luggage allowance, even if on same PNR.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Boarding together shouldn't be a problem at all. The one thing that may or may not work is using the priority lane for security check. Most times my wife can accompany me (*G), but once she was told to use the other lane instead.

A good flight to both of you!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Won't be a problem.

But I don't really understand the lewdness for priority boarding. Especially on long haul flights.. better to board late.

Especially in Y, where you might be able to sneak an empty row for yourself/your mother when boarding late/last pax (otherwise, you better wait for that "boarding completed" sign.. I've had way too many occasions where I had to tell other pax to pound sand because they thought it's fine to seat in my seat..)

edit: Ah, you beat me by the seconds.

Usually, overhead isn't bad on long hauls. i always board last on longhaul and ever head issues finding space.

Sleeping pills, well, everyone to each own. I'd prefer to eat something and then sleep, but if she prefers to sleep immediately after boarding..

You can check-in on the return together, no problem again. BUT.. even on same PNR, the only person getting *G benefits on luggage will be you. Other pax don't have any extra luggage allowance, even if on same PNR.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Boarding together shouldn't be a problem at all. The one thing that may or may not work is using the priority lane for security check. Most times my wife can accompany me (*G), but once she was told to use the other lane instead.

A good flight to both of you!
Thanks to both of you! That'll help. She's cancelled tickets literally AT the airport before because she was so nervous, so the faster we get on the plane the better! I'll take her to the Whiskey lounge before too to "distract" her, so I'm pretty optimistic.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Haha I'm fully aware, but my mom isn't good with flying and the faster we get on the plane, the faster she can knock herself out with sleeping pills and the less stressed she out she is!
Knocking yourself out with pills before takeoff is a rather bad idea...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.