Swiss First - check-in in Barcelona

Old Jul 20, 17, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Swiss First - check-in in Barcelona

Dear All,

On recent two occasions the check-in agent at BCN told me that for LX flights to only business class tags can be used and only if I fly on LH they can tag frist class luggage with HON/First tags. She told me that it is what the check-in system orders them to do.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

LN
Old Jul 20, 17, 10:43 am

Same in STR. HON for LH, Priority for Swiss
Old Jul 20, 17, 11:02 am

This sounds strange to me. Have you tried asking the LX lurker in the thread Introducing the official SWISS Lurker?
Old Jul 20, 17, 12:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Originally Posted by LukasNied View Post
Dear All,

On recent two occasions the check-in agent at BCN told me that for LX flights to only business class tags can be used and only if I fly on LH they can tag frist class luggage with HON/First tags. She told me that it is what the check-in system orders them to do.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

LN
in my experience, practically only in Asia priority tags mean something, in Bcn or even Zurich not
Old Jul 20, 17, 2:29 pm

Last few flights in LX F (HKG, LAX) my luggage came out relatively quick and first - even was beating me last time in LAX with global entry and no wait (and 'only' Priority tag
Old Jul 21, 17, 2:55 am

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Originally Posted by more4less View Post
in my experience, practically only in Asia priority tags mean something, in Bcn or even Zurich not
BCN couple of weeks ago: HON and Priority bags came out first, although I admit I wasn't expecting it.

I hardly ever check bags but there is some improvement I sense.
Old Jul 21, 17, 5:22 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by MichielR View Post
BCN couple of weeks ago: HON and Priority bags came out first, although I admit I wasn't expecting it.

I hardly ever check bags but there is some improvement I sense.
Same here, had almost quit checking bags altogether. Today I had to and the HON/priority labeled bag came out first in, believe it or not, LHR.

Re BCN: Doubt it makes a real difference weather you get a HON or priority tag.
Old Jul 21, 17, 11:44 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Same here, had almost quit checking bags altogether. Today I had to and the HON/priority labeled bag came out first in, believe it or not, LHR.
I fly LH/LX weekly to LHR and HON bags almost always come out first. T2 at LHR is excellent with baggage.
Old Aug 2, 17, 12:42 pm

OP: were you connecting onward to an LX F ticketed flight from ZRH?

Asking as I have clients on LAX-ZRH-IBZ/BCN-ZRH-LAX this month in F TATL
Old Aug 7, 17, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Yes I was connecting in zurich to LX US bound in Swiss First. The LH checkin agent was very nice and polite but said that something to effect of :if you want luggage tagged HON you should fly LH only"
Old Aug 9, 17, 3:03 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Originally Posted by LukasNied View Post
Yes I was connecting in zurich to LX US bound in Swiss First. The LH checkin agent was very nice and polite but said that something to effect of :if you want luggage tagged HON you should fly LH only"
In the past, when LX and LH check in desks were different, I could probably understand it, but now that are the same??

Search this Thread
Search Engine: