Wiki Posts
Search

Dear SWISS Lurker Set up Swiss profile, it won't add the UA-booked codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1.9MM
Set up Swiss profile, it won't add the UA-booked codeshare

As a UA 1K/lifetime *A gold, I booked via United.com an itinerary that includes Swiss-operated flights on the inbound.

A Swiss rep told me I could not pick my seat until 23 hours before departure, and my attempt to add the itinerary to my newly established Swiss profile also failed. I did not have this issue when I called the parent company to pick seating for an LH flight on the same itinerary.

What exactly is LX doing in the *A?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by dgdevil
Providing quite a decent product for people that appreciate it.

Can't say the same for UA
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:38 am
Original Poster

You are right on both counts. My point is that they are not providing the seamless travel expected of an alliance.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:23 pm

You are right on both counts. My point is that they are not providing the seamless travel expected of an alliance.
Maybe your expectations are off? UA/LX-combinations are by no means the worst example of *A trouble.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Evidently.

Shame on me for trying to choose an LX seat one month in advance when LH was more than happy to comply. Live and learn.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:01 am

Try SK or TG
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:40 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
As a UA 1K/lifetime *A gold, I booked via United.com an itinerary that includes Swiss-operated flights on the inbound.

A Swiss rep told me I could not pick my seat until 23 hours before departure, and my attempt to add the itinerary to my newly established Swiss profile also failed. I did not have this issue when I called the parent company to pick seating for an LH flight on the same itinerary.

Dear dgdevil,

I am sorry to hear you encountered issues when trying to select a seat for your LX flight.

May I ask in which class you will be travelling? In case your ticket is an Economy Class ticket, then seat selection is unfortunately not possible in advance. Much to my regret, even a *A Gold status would not help in this situation, as advance seat reservation is not a Star Alliance Gold benefit.

In case you will be travelling in Business Class or higher, please kindly provide your PNR in a PM and I will be happy to have a look at it.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
Dear dgdevil,

I am sorry to hear you encountered issues when trying to select a seat for your LX flight.

May I ask in which class you will be travelling? In case your ticket is an Economy Class ticket, then seat selection is unfortunately not possible in advance. Much to my regret, even a *A Gold status would not help in this situation, as advance seat reservation is not a Star Alliance Gold benefit.

In case you will be travelling in Business Class or higher, please kindly provide your PNR in a PM and I will be happy to have a look at it.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
I think it's great that an airline rep participates here.
Without trying to sound obnoxious, can you let us know why advance seat assignments aren't permitted in advance on economy class bookings?
I'm sure it's not a technical problem since these assignments are permitted on LX in F and J not to mention Y class bookings on airlines throughout the world.
Since the technology is easily available, and it would be a sign of good customer service, why wouldn't LX offer this?
Old Aug 7, 2015, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by HelloItsMe
.....why wouldn't LX offer this?
Well, because it's SWISS, and it isn't obliged to do it, so it won't.

As you point out, there's nothing prohibiting LX from from showing you the courtesy of reserving a seat. Best to disregard the faux sadness, larmes de crocodile, of the SWISS representative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.