Wiki Posts
Search

Bassinet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum
Bassinet

Spouse, two children (3 year old and 6 month old) and myself are travelling from Amsterdam to the Far East via Zurich. Apparently the seats adjacent to the bassinet seat on the A330/340 (6D) are unavailable so I have requested three alternate seats together in the same row (am willing to forego the bassinet). However Swiss now tell me that the infant can *only* occupy seat 6D. Can anyone confirm this is the case? Splitting the family through the cabin isn't ideal, neither for the other passengers, nor us.

As a side note I noticed that we had originally been booked in row 1 for the AMS-ZRH-AMS leg but have now been moved to row 3. Not a long flight so ok. However struggling to understand Swiss' seating policy - two calls to the helpdesk have yielded no results.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
We had a similar issue - can't comment on the swiss policy, but what we ended up doing is booking 6K (with the bassinet) and 7 D&G. As 6K is slightly more to the back this is quite ok. From 7G you can see what's going on in 6 so this worked out just fine for us.

You could also try 6A and 7 A/B...
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Victor88
Spouse, two children (3 year old and 6 month old) and myself are travelling from Amsterdam to the Far East via Zurich. Apparently the seats adjacent to the bassinet seat on the A330/340 (6D) are unavailable so I have requested three alternate seats together in the same row (am willing to forego the bassinet). However Swiss now tell me that the infant can *only* occupy seat 6D. Can anyone confirm this is the case? Splitting the family through the cabin isn't ideal, neither for the other passengers, nor us.

As a side note I noticed that we had originally been booked in row 1 for the AMS-ZRH-AMS leg but have now been moved to row 3. Not a long flight so ok. However struggling to understand Swiss' seating policy - two calls to the helpdesk have yielded no results.

Traveled similar route to SE-Asia on A340 in the last 3 months, always wanted to book 11A/B or 14 A/B. Needed to call SEN hotline but being told that due to "breathing mask" IIRC only 6D/G for infant was allowed in J.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: LX/LH SENATOR AF/KL FLYING BLUE GOLD
I had the same issue and was told it is because of the seat belts on row 6. Those are the only ones without airbag which means the only ones where an extension belt for babies is allowed, which make sense if it is true.

We were split over the cabin but could manage to have seats 6DG and 7DG after explaining our issue to fellow passengers, who agree to switch seats.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
LX seating policy is simple.

If you want a seat withouth INF, they tell it's unavailable because of bassinets for INF or pax with special needs. If you need a seat for special needs, they tell you they were unavailable.

Perpetuum mobile.

Insist to get the INF seat and they should kindly replace the person that already reserved this seats. Should not really be your problem. Escalate to supervisor!
Old Jul 11, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
LX seating policy is simple.

If you want a seat withouth INF, they tell it's unavailable because of bassinets for INF or pax with special needs. If you need a seat for special needs, they tell you they were unavailable.

Perpetuum mobile.

Insist to get the INF seat and they should kindly replace the person that already reserved this seats. Should not really be your problem. Escalate to supervisor!
Whenever I have issues with getting bassinet seats I ask them to send a message to passenger care in zurich - they are the only group that can resolve this and reseat passengers, the call center doesn't have any authority in this regards
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: AA, SPG
Infant Travel

Hello, I know this thread is old but looking to see if anyone has any insights. Traveling with spouse and infant in business class, SWISS last week of December. Infant is ten months old so was told they would not provide bassinet (odd, but OK). Initially we were seated together but then was told infant can only be seated with adult in 6K because of 'extra' oxygen masks. Anyone heard of this before?

My spouse and I are split with 6 rows between us, which is quite ridiculous (I'm in 6k, she's is 12G). Calls and emails to the contact center have gone no where and they refuse to budge with seat assignments. They did suggest however 'talking to other passengers' to exchange seats.

I can somewhat understand why infant can't be moved (6K, oxygen masks?), but paying out of pocket for these seats and a little infuriating when they say they can't move my wife closer to me either.

Thoughts? Just let it go and get on board to see if I can exchange or try to resolve before I board?

Thank you
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by slumb3r
Hello, I know this thread is old but looking to see if anyone has any insights. Traveling with spouse and infant in business class, SWISS last week of December. Infant is ten months old so was told they would not provide bassinet (odd, but OK). Initially we were seated together but then was told infant can only be seated with adult in 6K because of 'extra' oxygen masks. Anyone heard of this before?

My spouse and I are split with 6 rows between us, which is quite ridiculous (I'm in 6k, she's is 12G). Calls and emails to the contact center have gone no where and they refuse to budge with seat assignments. They did suggest however 'talking to other passengers' to exchange seats.

I can somewhat understand why infant can't be moved (6K, oxygen masks?), but paying out of pocket for these seats and a little infuriating when they say they can't move my wife closer to me either.

Thoughts? Just let it go and get on board to see if I can exchange or try to resolve before I board?

Thank you
Mod alerted to duplicate thread in Info Desk which should probably be moved here.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
6K is the designated infant seat. The crew will clear the seat next to that to find a place for you.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
6K is the designated infant seat. The crew will clear the seat next to that to find a place for you.
Thanks Oliver, would I make that request at the check in counter or on board? Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ask at checkin, at the gate and on board. Some time ago I was on LX to MIA with my family and we were booked to take the entire row 6. At the gate by wife was unceremoniously reseated from 6A to 7D for a mother with an infant and they also wanted to remove me from my seat to make room for the mothers sister. The fact that I had two children saved the day for us as they could not distribute us all over the C cabin. But the gate agents and the purser on board were very proactive.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:04 am

Thanks Oliver, encouraging to hear (but perhaps not the best for you at time)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.