Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eco light, classic, flex

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Is there any groupings of booking class into light/classic/flexible categories?
Not even on lh.com I could see the booking class...

ANd the fees on intraeuropean segments are mostly 15/20 EUR right?
For every booking class there is light/classic/flex:
K light - K classic - K flex
Y light - Y classic - Y flex
and so on...

On swiss.com you can see the booking class when you click on the small "i" at the top right when choosing a fare.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Thank you for the information.

I was actually asking about the LH policy, but I guess it is the same...
Old Aug 1, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: SU Gold, A3 Gold
Seems like now it's not possible to buy any economy fare, except Light, from online agents.
Which is unacceptable.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: QR Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by hiroaki27
I have an upcoming flight in Y with LX which was booked in beginning of year, ie, before the change took place.

Just to be safe, I checked with LX what benefits I get as *G. Accoding to the agent, I will NOT have additional baggage allowance and seat selection, but I should still get alounge access and priority boarding.
Just to update:

While I got the info from call centre that I am only entitled to one piece of 23kg with my ticket purchased before the change, at the airport the check-in staff confirmed with me that I am actually entitled with two pieces of 30kg luggage.

I was rather speechless with such inconsistency too...
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by hiroaki27
Just to update:

While I got the info from call centre that I am only entitled to one piece of 23kg with my ticket purchased before the change, at the airport the check-in staff confirmed with me that I am actually entitled with two pieces of 30kg luggage.

I was rather speechless with such inconsistency too...
Both were wrong apparently.

As long as it's piece rule (and not weight rule), you get +1 piece (as long as it's not a "light fare")

Therefore, if you had 1x23kg allowance, your *G gives you +1 piece at 23kg, ie 2*23kg total.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by iudex
Is that really possible, that having P-light ticket (which is a business upgade) and being *Gold and FTL there is no checked luggage and only 1 hand luggage??? If so I would be very disappointed
so, with Swiss it also no longer possible to rebook an eco into a real business ticket? What is the real life experience regarding mileage accrual when upgrading into Business und the new conditions? Also i read that Upgrade is only possible online only until 1h before Flight? So, if I arrive 50 min before Flight and eco is fully booked while business is empty they will not take that me on this Flight since People who booked Eco are not worthy to use their money to rebook into Business?????
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:57 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
No recent insights how this strange tariffs are executed in real life? What about HON Circle miles was told on the phone they will be issued what is different to initial Communication? How does the booking garuantee in J work on such tickets?
Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by Eurocity
Seems like now it's not possible to buy any economy fare, except Light, from online agents.
Which is unacceptable.
Anyone found out how to add luggage online to a light fare?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 2:03 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Dia, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I purchased a Flex Q class fare on a LX operated and coded flight from IBZ to ZRH and was given 750 Award Miles for it. No Status Miles. Is that correct? Doesn't seem right?

Some days the flight is operared by WK but this date (14 Sept) the flight was operated by Swiss International Airlines. Don't understand why I wouldn't have got Status Miles?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 3:03 am

Probably you got one of the infamous LX wetlease for WK which is codesharing for LX. Yes such stuff exists.. or it was just a fluke by the worlds second best IT
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by GBM.flights
I always thought they would be E,L,K,T fares as well.
But checking GVA-LON (outbound 16NOV, return 24NOV) I get H,V,U in the Light fare

This great unbundling of the fares is terrible as a consumer. Mixing ticket flexibility with luggage allowance is a step towards Easyjet becoming a reference in consumer choice... how times have changed...
Well, as noted in the media Spohr would actually like to cooperate with them.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 5:05 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Does anyone has an experience already what miles will be credited for booking any Eco fare using the "Comfort Package" for upgrading to Business? Does one get Miles according to the upgrade business booking class booked in? Does one get HON Miles credited?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:00 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
According to the SEN hotline Business Class as well as HON miles will be credited. Same was reported in other forums. Hope this is true.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:03 am

Complicated question; I have a booking with lh/os in eco light (SZG FRA op by os, FRA OSL op by LH). I am adding luggage and have FTL status. Will I then get my extra bag, as my fare now has a bag included? Thus will I have 2x 23kg by buying the bag for €15? Thanks
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:21 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by salzburgflyer
Complicated question; I have a booking with lh/os in eco light (SZG FRA op by os, FRA OSL op by LH). I am adding luggage and have FTL status. Will I then get my extra bag, as my fare now has a bag included? Thus will I have 2x 23kg by buying the bag for €15? Thanks
No, only one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.