Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWISS Upgrade Bargain (Bid or email invite to upgrade)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:59 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Is is possible to upgrade J->F this way?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by helvetic
Is is possible to upgrade J->F this way?
There's no F-cl offered on flights within Europe...

https://www.swiss.com/switzerland/en/comfortpackage
Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:41 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
There's no F-cl offered on flights within Europe...

https://www.swiss.com/switzerland/en/comfortpackage
I thought that this bid-to-upgrade program applied to long-hauls.
Old May 24, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: LX SEN
I wonder anybody had recent success on ZRH-TLV, the bid starts at $910 one way, the lowest I can scroll down the bar is $670. Seriously? even buying the biz ticket is only $1200 round trip.
Old May 26, 2016, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by loveairborne
I wonder anybody had recent success on ZRH-TLV, the bid starts at $910 one way, the lowest I can scroll down the bar is $670. Seriously? even buying the biz ticket is only $1200 round trip.
Yes, more often than not the range is unreasonable.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: LXFF
Originally Posted by behuman
No one sane will ever upgrade with miles,
Depends how many miles you have LX has some really nice fares out of YUL in C so it make sense to upgrade if you have a ton of miles. You save the 1k in taxes on the award ticket. Thats until then stop allowing upgrades from the bottom business classes.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 8:04 am

Does M&M status matter in bid consideration and acceptance?

Anyone know if the current Miles & More status matters in any way when they consider bids, so at least higher status members can get some preferential consideration rather than being totally on par with anyone flying them, say for the first time?

Can't be entirely about the bid value, right?
Old Jun 11, 2016, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by mbarai
Can't be entirely about the bid value, right?
It can and it is.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
After one year of upgrade bargains using Plusgrade, LX today expanded the program to include upgrade bargains to First (BK:A). The bids can be placed for flights starting 13JUL2016.

https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/book%5Cs...-bargain-first

SWISS Upgrade Bargain is currently available on all SWISS long-haul flights. In order to qualify for SWISS Upgrade Bargain, your ticket must be issued at least 132 hours before departure.

Local legal requirements prohibit bids from Brazil, India and Japan. SWISS Flights to and from Tel Aviv are excluded from upgrades into First class.
Also the current ticket needs to be issued in 724 ticket stock.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
After one year of upgrade bargains using Plusgrade, LX today expanded the program to include upgrade bargains to First (BK:A). The bids can be placed for flights starting 13JUL2016.
https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/book%5Cs...-bargain-first
Also the current ticket needs to be issued in 724 ticket stock.
I is still not clear if it is upon invitation only ("If your flight is eligible for SWISS Upgrade Bargain, you will either see an invitation at the end of your booking on swiss.com or we will notify you via email."), but the sentence thereafter seems to suggest that you can make a bid for any booking ("You can also place your bid directly in our Manage booking section.").
At least for now, none of my C-bookings (ZRH-ORD, GVA-JFK and ZRH-JNB) until the end of the year (all 724 ticket stock) seems to offer this option in the Manage booking section. With the exception of the JNB flight, the other two show F6A6 on EF.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:54 pm
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Did not notice the information here that F is also available on bidding now. Just surprisingly saw in my booking overview that I have the possibility to bid on one of my upcoming flight tickets for all segments.

Interestingly: It is a 4 segment ticket (all long hauls) and I can place a bid for each segment. In fact if I would place the minimum bid on the two shorter segments I would already pay more than the fare difference for the whole 4 segments. So to me it makes totally no sense. I would rather call my travel agent and just upsell the whole ticket.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:56 pm
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
One more remark: I had a friend who did bid on ZRH-JFK from Y to C and got the upgrade confirmed. Surprisingly it booked in D, which obviously gave him about 8 times the miles he was supposed from the cheapo Y tariff he had. So it seems the upgrade does not always book in P.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:21 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
The F upgrade bid program is an attempt by LX to boost revenue in F cabin, which is starting to show lack of high level of occupation especially on North America flights
Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
That's because they've banned most of us from booking miles tickets in 1st, obviously didn't like all the freeloaders!
Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Concerto
That's because they've banned most of us from booking miles tickets in 1st, obviously didn't like all the freeloaders!
Not just low level M&M members but also US mileage junkies from UA who seems to be grabbing a high load of free award seats on LX F cabin in the past.

I flown ZRH-ORD-ZRH route many times this year and shockingly there were one or in some cases two people occupying the F cabin only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.