Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has Swiss lost it as a premium airline with a niché?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
Oh, it is just about the seat...

And it is still a very good seat...

Why criticism of service and food in the OP if it is just about the seat?
By someone who apparently has not set a foot into a LX aircraft for over 1 year and 5 month, eh over 2 years...
Pathetic pointless rant IMO.
Have I missed any PR stunt done by LX saying that they have IMPROVED catering?

The seat is the same as 1,5 year ago, so is the service concept.

Have you flown CX, SQ, AF, AZ, IB, BA, QR, EY, AA, DL, SA, NZ, QF, LA this year to say that I do not have basis for comparison and comments?

Have you flown the updated seating on IB, AF, KL, SQ, AA, QR or any other to prove that your own point about, let's say SQ and AF is as up-to-date as mine regarding LX?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by GRUflyer
Have I missed any PR stunt done by LX saying that they have IMPROVED catering?

The seat is the same as 1,5 year ago, so is the service concept.
Ah, because you may perhaps have had some over-salted dish 1,42 years, eh over 2 years ago, you pretend that food and service on LX is crap in general...
Cheap and lame generalization.

And food on my last SQ C trip was not better and not worse than on LX 2 weeks before.

Enough said.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Ah, because you may perhaps have had some over-salted dish 1,42 years, eh over 2 years ago, you pretend that food and service on LX is crap in general...

And food on my last SQ C trip was not better and not worse than on LX 2 weeks before.

Enough said.
Nope. You never answered my question.

You are claiming LX is so good.

But what have you seen lately to back up your impression that LX is better than the competition?

I have flown IB, AZ, BA, AB, UA, AA, DL, VS, CX, QR, EY, SQ, LH, AF, KL, SA, QF, LA, JJ, MU, NH after LX to have basis for comparison.

What about you? How many other carriers have you flown in C and F to say that LX is so much better?

It is a genuine question. All you did is say how wonderful LX is and how "pointless" my question is. So, do us a favor and make a valid point, then.^
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
If I do the comparison between LX and LH this would like:

C-class: LX (seat and service)
F-Class: LH (seat) , LX (service)

I had the pleassure recently the new LH C-class seat for FRA-EZE - NEVER AGAIN. If you are taller than 1.90m the new LH seat not a choice (no matter how flat it is). In addition you have no space and privacy. LX has a much better product.

In F-Class the seat from LH is just great and I would always go for that. The service is typical LH (practical and not really sincere). LX service is usually great in F-class. On top you are still welcome as HON at LX, as for LH they care not a dime anymore.

Beyond LH and LX, for sure the C-class in the new AA 77W, SQ or KLM is actually very good choices. AF is a no-fly and BA (I don't like the cramped seating).
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:22 pm

Quote:

Enough said.

Nope. You never answered my question.

You are claiming LX is so good.

But what have you seen lately to back up your impression that LX is better than the competition?

I have flown IB, AZ, BA, AB, UA, AA, DL, VS, CX, QR, EY, SQ, LH, AF, KL, SA, QF, LA, JJ, MU, NH after LX to have basis for comparison.

What about you? How many other carriers have you flown in C and F to say that LX is so much better?

It is a genuine question. All you did is say how wonderful LX is and how "pointless" my question is. So, do us a favor and make a valid point, then.
Your airline code list does not impress me. I do not post such lists as this is like a "my d**k is longer"-style comparaison.
I have made my experiences around the airline industry and LX works best for me. If you believe it or not.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
..I have flown IB, AZ, BA, AB, UA, AA, DL, VS, CX, QR, EY, SQ, LH, AF, KL, SA, QF, LA, JJ, MU, NH after LX to have basis for comparison..
And how did that go? I know only a small subset of those carriers in Biz.

I mean the food on BA and QF is consistently bad or bad-ish. Same for UA now after the upgrade. Then their bad seats .. AA has a handful of really nice stools and an armada of sub-LH ramps to rest on. CX is hit or miss (always miss on short and midhaul) ... I even enjoyed bad catering this year once. On LA I rode the lie-flats only twice and it was an abysmal experience with seat motors and IFE not working on both occasions and a stressed out crew avoiding the angry passengers ... I rather suffer in AA for less money.

LX has this sluggish and antique IFE and a remarkably poor alcohol selection if you are not into wines. And they have of course a revolting short haul product - even worse than LH's - but food and seat on longhauls were always excellent when I scored one of their promos.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:28 am

LX is falling behind LH in F , no doubt. LH new F is outstanding from a comfort point of view , especially on 380.

The 330 seat was never my favorite, the air cushion always had a life of its own .
340 seat hopelessly outdated.
Food more or less the same , except second serving TATL on LX is a complete joke.
ZRH ground service / lounge , does it exist?

Only in HON service LX is light years ahead.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:35 am
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
Just an info concerning HON/F lounge:

There will be a second FCL in ZRH opening in 2015. It will be located at dock E.
Interesting. Guess they will stop driving people from A to E then. Which means Heidi train for everybody...
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Just an info concerning HON/F lounge:

There will be a second FCL in ZRH opening in 2015. It will be located at dock E.
i understood they will keep a small F lounge in the A Terminal. I wonder what service they offer and if they keep the transport to Terminal E.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by seat 1a
LX is falling behind LH in F , no doubt. LH new F is outstanding from a comfort point of view , especially on 380.

The 330 seat was never my favorite, the air cushion always had a life of its own .
340 seat hopelessly outdated.
Food more or less the same , except second serving TATL on LX is a complete joke.
ZRH ground service / lounge , does it exist?

Only in HON service LX is light years ahead.
+ 1

ZRH F lounge is pathetic, they know this & keep promising it will be improved, nothing happens.......
Old Nov 29, 2014, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Your airline code list does not impress me. I do not post such lists as this is like a "my d**k is longer"-style comparaison.
I have made my experiences around the airline industry and LX works best for me. If you believe it or not.
You are the one who came to comment and make sarcastic comments about my thread. So, clearly if you are so full of confidence on LX, why bother?!

Originally Posted by weero
And how did that go? I know only a small subset of those carriers in Biz.

I mean the food on BA and QF is consistently bad or bad-ish. Same for UA now after the upgrade. Then their bad seats .. AA has a handful of really nice stools and an armada of sub-LH ramps to rest on. CX is hit or miss (always miss on short and midhaul) ... I even enjoyed bad catering this year once. On LA I rode the lie-flats only twice and it was an abysmal experience with seat motors and IFE not working on both occasions and a stressed out crew avoiding the angry passengers ... I rather suffer in AA for less money.

LX has this sluggish and antique IFE and a remarkably poor alcohol selection if you are not into wines. And they have of course a revolting short haul product - even worse than LH's - but food and seat on longhauls were always excellent when I scored one of their promos.
Seat-wise I really like AA 77W, CX, IB, AZ and EY. And of course SQ, which I still consider the best of all.

My best flights lately have been on SQ, AZ, QR, SA, NH and VS.

Of course all of them have their weak points, but I would rank them above LX in catering and comfort for sure.

The whole point of this thread, though, is to discuss how LX used to be a market leader in terms of service and product, and is now falling behind. It is not intended to portray LX is a third class airline.

For sure I would pick LX over UA or DL, but shouldn't they aim higher?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 2:42 pm

You are the one who came to comment and make sarcastic comments about my thread. So, clearly if you are so full of confidence on LX, why bother?!
I do not bother at all, no worry.
But I see you do not really understand some of my comments about your allegations.
I'm sure some others here have understood…
Old Nov 29, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: LX/LH SENATOR AF/KL FLYING BLUE GOLD
Originally Posted by seat 1a

Still fantastic compared to what LX dares to serve in C class as a 2nd service before landing on California bound flights : a small shabby plate assembled by the crew in front of you (!). It is ridiculous, looks miserable and the process takes ages.

I miss the nice tray we got years ago : choice of a nice large salad or a Hot Dish with dessert on the tray
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
..Seat-wise I really like AA 77W, CX, IB, AZ and EY. And of course SQ, which I still consider the best of all.
Yes, if you score the 77W or the A380, then the SQ seat is indeed the only suite in Biz. And CX has good hardware on some machines. But on AA the 77W and the upgraded 767s are rarities. I had then 3x in my time with AA.

No objections regarding SQ and NH from my side, and I did not fly QR and SA in a long, long time and from that time, I did not have fond memories. So things likely have changed for the better.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by weero
Yes, if you score the 77W or the A380, then the SQ seat is indeed the only suite in Biz. And CX has good hardware on some machines. But on AA the 77W and the upgraded 767s are rarities. I had then 3x in my time with AA.

No objections regarding SQ and NH from my side, and I did not fly QR and SA in a long, long time and from that time, I did not have fond memories. So things likely have changed for the better.
That is the beauty of being based in GRU and LHR - the only 77W destinations in their network, apart from their daily DFW-HKG flight.

GRU is now is now 5 x daily 77W and one 772.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.