Wiki Posts
Search

Star gold status not showing up at [Swiss] check-in

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, BA silver, HH D
Star gold status not showing up at [Swiss] check-in

On Swiss, I've noticed in the last month or so that my UA ff number doesn't resolve to *Gold anymore either with on-line check in or at airport. The little blue "priority boarding" banner no longer shows up in passbook boarding passes, nor does *Gold show on physical boarding passes. I'm 1K and my Swiss flights still credit normally... It's just the status not showing on b-passes.

Anyone else having this issues? Is it a Swiss or a United problem?
Does it have to do with this?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...ance-gold.html
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
You are a Star Gold No-Show so to say .... soon LX will charge you the corresponding fee ....
Old Sep 25, 2014, 3:54 pm

It happened last month on OS but was fixed in the senator lounge. I figured it was a one time thing. My next LH flight was OK. Don't know about LX.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:07 am

Programs: LX SEN
Happened to me yesterday with my passbook boarding pass on LX. I was still able to do priority boarding though as the QR resolved correctly at the gate.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Probably an issue due to this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...ss-issues.html
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:14 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Exactly the same for me since they have upgraded the App and Website. My boarding passes in European Eco never Show "SEN/Y" anymore but only "Y". Also the blue banner "Priority Boarding" is not there anymore. This has still not been fixed. Unfortunately check-in via app is not working for me since it always crashes down. Don't know if this is because the booking was done by a travel agency.
Had already two issues when I was denied priority Boarding by the gate agent and had to take out my SEN Card to get it done.

Last edited by mbr; Sep 27, 2014 at 9:22 am
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
This problem has been around for a while.. in order for your *G status (except for SEN or HON which works perfectly fine) to show up on your BP, you'll need to place the FFP number at the time of booking. When checking in online or at a machine, the system probably doesn't have enough time to pull your status from the *A systems.

While this problem is also common on LH (my A3*G status will only show as A3P instead of A3G when entered at check in time), LX won't print anything on your boarding pass in these cases (not even a hint at the FFP used). While this may be annoying regarding priority check in, it doesn't seem to be a problem in the lounges, as you should have to show your FFP card anyway.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
The procedures at the DUS SEN lounge reception regarding unreadable LX MBPs are getting stranger and stranger.. while they used to book me in manually in the past, today the LD just shrugged her shoulders and told me not to be late for my flight, as she couldn't "book [me] in by name". However, she didn't examine my BP nor did she enter anything like the FFP number. Not sure who will pay for the lounge visit anyway..
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Had the same issue last year. Entered my card at check-in, and the status wouldn't show on the boarding pass. But according to the lounge lady it was entered in the system, and I was also able to access the fast track gate at ZRH security when scanning the BP. So apparently the status was embedded in the barcode.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 8:21 am

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
I am sorry for posting to an old thread but I searched relevant topics and this is all I could find. Using mobile phone doesn’t make it easy so please forgive me.

I am encountering this same issue on both LH and LX with a current booking. Gold status showing as A*P on LH and nothing on LX. Eight years since original post so surely technology is fixed by now? Indeed no problems at all on LH flights earlier this year. Only difference with this one is presence of an outward LX component.

The explanatory link referred to in previous posts suggests it shouldn’t affect PDF boarding pass - but it does. Also earlier post says only an issue if flyer card details not entered when booking - but they were. So what’s gone wrong and can I or how do I fix it? I am in Business anyway so impact is somewhat reduced.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 1:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The *P issue comes when the system link to the database was not accessible. It happens sometimes. If you absolutely want to get it fixed ask a gate/checkin agent to generate the boarding pass again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.