Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX to cease flights from BSL beginning 2015

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:00 am
Suspended

I think I will be on the last flight in or out of BSL.
Never have been on an inaugural flight, so why not be on the last one?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by SwissCircle
I think I will be on the last flight in or out of BSL.
Never have been on an inaugural flight, so why not be on the last one?
That brings back good memories of another last flight involving BSL...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by airoli
That brings back good memories of another last flight involving BSL...
Memories.... And hard to believe that this was almost 10 years ago!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 1:00 am

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Any rumors SN moving out BSL ?

Hi all,

Need to do some MR out of BRU or AMS end of this year and spring 2016 and wondering if I should be concerned SN Brussels pulls out from Basel EuroAirport at any stage? Which then gives no non-stop *A option to fly to Benelux from BSL...

Thanks for any inputs!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Is SN really pulling out of BSL or is this just a rumor? I thought BSL was going to be the base for the new Eurowings but seemingly they are going to be based in Austria now. And it would seem that Germanwings won't be disappearing completely at the end of October, but some flights will retain the 4U code, while those routes operated by those EW Canadair planes (eg DUS-GVA) will have the EW code from now on. So I wonder what will happen to BSL.

Also, it would seem that SWISS is going to be based in Frankfurt, Germany, from now. So where will Lufthansa be based? Liberia?
Old Aug 7, 2015, 4:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by fkaway
Hi all,

Need to do some MR out of BRU or AMS end of this year and spring 2016 and wondering if I should be concerned SN Brussels pulls out from Basel EuroAirport at any stage? Which then gives no non-stop *A option to fly to Benelux from BSL...

Thanks for any inputs!
LH group will maintain connections to BSL, its far too valueable. This thread talks about LXs engagement in BSL, which is definitely over thanks to Easyjet. EW will have a swiss based offshot, too early to say if they will have point to point ops from BSL.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH group will maintain connections to BSL, its far too valueable.
Thanks, I think with this statement my concern is gone that SN moves out of BSL any soon, until next funny ideas of LH group concerning BSL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.