Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nairobi (NBO) Swiss Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Originally Posted by buzzing
Because I am arriving from Masai Mara and have almost 6 hours to kill before flying to Zurich. I just thought it would be more comfortable to kill the time in the lounge rather than in a restaurant in the airport!! I could be wrong...
I took the LX flight from NBO to ZRH (via DAR) a couple weeks ago. If you are *G or traveling in F/J, you will receive an invitation to the TK Lounge, which is a 5-10 minute walk from the gate that LX uses in a temporary/new terminal area in NBO. There is also a shower which you can use. I highly recommend staying in the lounge until the final boarding call as the boarding holding area is stuffy and depressing.

With 6 hours, I also recommend visiting the Giraffe Centre which is about a 20-30 drive from NBO.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Agree with 764toHI! Spend as much time as is possible in the lounge before Final Call. I've used the aspire lounge which is pretty small and gets crowded quickly. TK lounge looks much nicer. Only restaurant worth going to is Java House which is also small and often crowded.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: OW Emerald; Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by kq747
Agree with 764toHI! Spend as much time as is possible in the lounge before Final Call. I've used the aspire lounge which is pretty small and gets crowded quickly. TK lounge looks much nicer. Only restaurant worth going to is Java House which is also small and often crowded.
Judging from the web images, TK lounge certainly looks quite enticing....definitely better than the Aspire or so-called "First class lounge".

BTW, is there a good restaurant in the airport land-side? because I suspect the LX check-in counter won't open until 3 hours before flight time and so I need to kill 3 hours (out of my 6 hours) in the airport land-side.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by buzzing
Judging from the web images, TK lounge certainly looks quite enticing....definitely better than the Aspire or so-called "First class lounge".

BTW, is there a good restaurant in the airport land-side? because I suspect the LX check-in counter won't open until 3 hours before flight time and so I need to kill 3 hours (out of my 6 hours) in the airport land-side.
There is a java house with a decent choice of snacks, pastries and proper meals and drinks. Not sure if you have departed from NBO before but in any case, it is at terminal 1B which is a short walk from terminal 1C where LX Check in is. Also, it is on the "outside" of the terminal i.e. not inside the building/check-in area, so no need to even go through the first security screening.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
We have something similar coming up and we are going to have dinner at the Aero Club at Wilson before we heard to NBO. Just book your transfer to NBO for a bit later. I hear the Aero Club is good and a good place to hang out for awhile.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
We have something similar coming up and we are going to have dinner at the Aero Club at Wilson before we heard to NBO. Just book your transfer to NBO for a bit later. I hear the Aero Club is good and a good place to hang out for awhile.
This also a great alternative! Food at the aero club is solid and you have the added advantage of being bale to watch the arrivals/departures at Wilson

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.