Wiki Posts
Search

LX operated by EDELWEISS AIR

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2013, 5:53 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by RTW1
Yeah... publishing the earning clearly on http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...en&cid=1000327 is really keeping it a secret.
According to that information you will not get any miles for LX14 or LX254 if operated by Edelweiss... I don't think the difference between code share flight numbers operated by Edelweiss and non-code share numbers operated by Edelweiss is generally known to the public, nor is it explained.

HTB.
Old May 20, 2013, 5:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's not what is written there... simply look at the flight numbers and you know what you get.

Last edited by RTW1; May 20, 2013 at 6:01 am
Old May 20, 2013, 7:09 am
htb

That's not what is written there... simply look at the flight numbers and you know what you get.
You earn miles on all scheduled flights operated by SWISS.
Operated by Edelweiss, i.e. no miles, except:

*On selected LX code share flights within the ranges LX4220-LX4239, LX4270-LX4279, LX4600-LX4639 und LX8000-LX8499 you are earning award miles only. Status miles, HON Circle miles and Executive Bonus are not being granted on these flights.
I.e. no miles for LX14 or 154 operated by Edelweiss.

As for my original question: thanks for the link -- I was looking for Edelweiss -- not SWISS... The flight to Tokyo seems to qualify for nothing at all.

HTB.
Old May 20, 2013, 8:05 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
The entire WK thing is not really clear. I had 2 r/ts from MUC to RMF, with the ZRH-RMF segments booked under the LX codeshare. WK was operating these flights. Despite the fact that the Swiss and the Edelweiss homepage did indicate that my particular flight #s would only earn bonus miles and no exec bonus I got status miles + exec bonus for the LX flights operated by WK. I had no luck however trying to credit the segments to UA.
Old May 20, 2013, 8:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by htb
I.e. no miles for LX14 or 154 operated by Edelweiss
Sorry.... but plenty of people have indicated that they received their miles just fine on LX14 that's still counts as a Swiss flight (with a Swiss flight number) but is simply operated by Edelweiss to give the LX Airbus pilots time to take their accumulated leave.

I still think it's kind of stupid they released this without being very clear what was happening, now this only creates unnecessary confusion.
Old May 20, 2013, 9:01 am
htb

I still think it's kind of stupid they released this without being very clear what was happening, now this only creates unnecessary confusion.
Agreed! HTB.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Booked on a LX Flight opt by WK to Skopje it's an 84XX #
Do I only get lounge access as M&M FT or SEN or do also *G Benefits apply?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 8:39 am

Is the product the same on a Edelweiss as on SWISS? Any reason not to book ZRH-JFK in business that is operated by Edelweiss as opposed to SWISS?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by Elchay
Is the product the same on a Edelweiss as on SWISS? Any reason not to book ZRH-JFK in business that is operated by Edelweiss as opposed to SWISS?
SWISS has leased one Airbus A330 (HB-JHM) with the interior found on all other A330's to Edelweiss which exclusively operates this aircraft with their own crew on behalf of SWISS on the ZRH-New York flights providing the same meals, amenity kits etc as found on flights operated by SWISS except that the Edelweiss crews are usually more charming and offer a better service than the ones from SWISS
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by LXA350
SWISS has leased one Airbus A330 (HB-JHM) with the interior found on all other A330's to Edelweiss which exclusively operates this aircraft with their own crew on behalf of SWISS on the ZRH-New York flights providing the same meals, amenity kits etc as found on flights operated by SWISS except that the Edelweiss crews are usually more charming and offer a better service than the ones from SWISS
Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:31 pm
htb

What about mileage earnings? I thought there was a caveat, but I could be wrong.

HTB.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 3:16 am

For the 1000th time , this is a regular SWISS flight (OPS by HB-JHM between ZRH and NYC) which happens to have Edelweiss Air crew providing the service and flying the aircraft instead of the regular SWISS crew. Therefore you will receive the normal amount of miles like on any other SWISS flight.

Merry Christmas to you all!
Old Dec 24, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Everything is exactly the same - except the pilots/FA's who are from Edelweiss Air. It's hard to notice that Edelweiss Air plays a major role on the route
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: LH HON
I was told that this service by Edelweiss will end during next year and again taken over by LX crews. Do not know the exact date.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The pilots and crew must be getting back from their vacation then....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.