Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terrible Inflight Service Issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
Angry Terrible Inflight Service Issues

On a previous flight I had 2 first class and 3 business class tickets from ord-zrh in first class the entertainment screens were broken and on all 4 segments special meals for both classes were frozen and not eatable. Who should I contact and what would be appropriate compensation?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:10 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
Swiss Customer Service

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/general/...ions_form.aspx
Old Apr 8, 2010, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by benolaa
On a previous flight I had 2 first class and 3 business class tickets from ord-zrh in first class
??? Not sure that I understand you... You had 3 C class tickets (from ord-zrh?) in first class???
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Koby
??? Not sure that I understand you... You had 3 C class tickets (from ord-zrh?) in first class???
Yes, it sounds very strange.

I guess is a family and 2 are flying in F and 3 in C.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Koby
I think a lack of punctuation from benolaa would explain your misunderstanding!!!.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benolaa
On a previous flight I had 2 first class and 3 business class tickets from ord-zrh in first class the entertainment screens were broken and on all 4 segments special meals for both classes were frozen and not eatable. Who should I contact and what would be appropriate compensation?
Are you passing through ZRH again shortly? I would bring it up with the staff at the FCL- LX has been extremely slow at responding to correspondance in the last couple of months.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by saviox
Yes, it sounds very strange.

I guess is a family and 2 are flying in F and 3 in C.
Apologies for not being clear. I was with the family and we had 2 in first class and the 3 kids in business.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Are you passing through ZRH again shortly? I would bring it up with the staff at the FCL- LX has been extremely slow at responding to correspondance in the last couple of months.
I will not be going back though ZRH at least for the next few months. I have switched my next few flights over to BA and depending on the response will consider switching back after the summer.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
This sounds strange. If your meals were "frozen" and "not eatable" (sic), why did you not simply tell your flight attendant right then and there? I am confident they would either find you another meal or put it back into the oven...
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:54 pm

Programs: LH SEN
benolaa, honestly I don't think you tell the whole story. First thing is I hope your kids had some age, otherwise I would be mad if you put three kids alone and unsupervised in business (or did you expect the FAs to parent your kids?, Sorry if I am wrong). And even though sometimes you might encounter a FA in a bad mood, they are always helpful when asked, especially when you would have complained about the food. SOmething typical for Swiss people, inclusive the FAs, is that we respond as we are treated.
Just my thoughts. Please switch to BA.
W
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wombelero
benolaa, honestly I don't think you tell the whole story. First thing is I hope your kids had some age, otherwise I would be mad if you put three kids alone and unsupervised in business (or did you expect the FAs to parent your kids?, Sorry if I am wrong). And even though sometimes you might encounter a FA in a bad mood, they are always helpful when asked, especially when you would have complained about the food. SOmething typical for Swiss people, inclusive the FAs, is that we respond as we are treated.
Just my thoughts. Please switch to BA.
W
wombelero: I will not take this as an attack although it seems to be written that way but, for full disclosure this was not my flight but a very close family friend who I helped book with his wife and 3 kids. 1) If 3 business class tickets are confirmed the age should not matter as long as the kids are well behaved and can take care of themselves and even if they cant FA's do babysit as its called a UM. Although in this case they are old enough to travel alone so its a non issue. 2) The expectation in First is to not have to give cooking lessons and for the food to be hot. Also with the food coming to the plane frozen it is almost impossible for the FA's to do anything as heating items meant to be eaten slightly cooler then room temperature is close to impossible and they did their best they were not blamed and the fault rests solely with caterings as with the entertainment system not working the fault rests with Maintenance.
3) I very much like flying Swiss and this is the first negative experience I have ever seen. I would like these issues addressed for the future and I don't want them to simply be passed over which is why I opened this thread. In addition I wanted to know what the standard compensation is with Swiss.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Hi Benolaa, I am not Swiss but always found LX FAs to be very attentive to service.
Indeed, your story seems strange and many posters here rightly object to hearsay evidence. If this is the first bad experience you have heard of and that makes you decide to move your business from LX to BA, then I doubt that LX would lose that much.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:47 pm
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
True, it seems a bit excessive to switch just for a bad experience. For that matter, BA is no better, especially Heathrow...
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
True, it seems a bit excessive to switch just for a bad experience. For that matter, BA is no better, especially Heathrow...
True it does seem excessive to switch based on one bad experience but, my thought was to switch to BA until Swiss gets rid of the a330-200 on the ord-zrh route as the most frustrating part for my friend which I completely understand was the lack of entertainment which even in F is mediocre at the best on the old plane. In addition, the BA connection times from ORD are much better. Although after flying on the new product I would always choose LX over BA over LH. In the end I am not sure which way I will go. I normally buy F tickets for myself and depending on when I need to take my next flight to Europe I will look at the options and decide then.

Thanks everyone for listening to my rant and I apologize if I offended anyone.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: LH SEN
No offense taken, and it was not my intention to attack or offend anyone as well. I have the opinion that indeed you pay for a service (and in C and F you pay good money) and shall receive it. If not you have every right to complain!
However, hearsay or minor things must be handled with some common sense, as it's not helping anyone if customer care centers are flooded with stupid complaints or non-issues, as then real issues do not receive the proper treatment. Therefore my reaction to such posts in general (and I do not work for any airline, I'm just a frequet flyer).

Most rants on such forums in general have two sides to the story...
W

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.