Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss F versus LH F

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2010, 5:02 am

Programs: LX SEN*/BA Silver/Sixt Diamond/IHG Platinum/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by creber
4. LX First is wonderful. Ground service is seemless (25 minutes from plane to car at arrival in JFK ^), on board the suite product is fantastic, she had a complete night's sleep, crew are very attentionate, caring, very well trained, you can feel the Swiss hotel school heritage.
How did you manage to get through the immigration in less than 20 mins? The LX flight usually arrives after two other international flights, leading to an enormous congestion right in front of the immigration.
I really like the PA service from JFK to ZRH, as they get you quickly through security and allow you to skip the queues. However, as far as I know they don't have any fast track service for the immigration in JFK, do they?
This is why I prefer flying SQ, since the flight arrives at a time when almost no other international flight arrives, so you don't have to wait at the immigration.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Well this thread definitely has me excited. Cruise in August from Venice to Athens. Flying LX outbound and LH back home, all in 1st across the ocean. LX is the 333 and LH is the 747.

Even better was the deal I got. US Air had a 50% point transfer bonus so I was able to secure two 1st Class RT tickets with only 140,000 Starwood points! And that is one great redemption value.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:41 am

Off Topic

Originally Posted by stevens397
Even better was the deal I got. US Air had a 50% point transfer bonus so I was able to secure two 1st Class RT tickets with only 140,000 Starwood points! And that is one great redemption value.
Whilst a good ratio - back when I joined FT the deal was 105.000 Starwoodpoints for 2 R/T Concordeflights ex Europe ^

A the good old times - long gone since - but fond memories

Cheers

Thomas
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:46 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by hon2
How did you manage to get through the immigration in less than 20 mins? The LX flight usually arrives after two other international flights, leading to an enormous congestion right in front of the immigration.
I really like the PA service from JFK to ZRH, as they get you quickly through security and allow you to skip the queues. However, as far as I know they don't have any fast track service for the immigration in JFK, do they?
This is why I prefer flying SQ, since the flight arrives at a time when almost no other international flight arrives, so you don't have to wait at the immigration.
There was a PA service at JFK. I also met the station manager who told me how they still try to keep this thing going, with lots of "relationship building" involving certain quantities of Swiss chocolate.

He told me that on 90% of days they can make it happen.
Old May 15, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OneWorld Emerald)
Both airlines are very comparable and the seats are similar but the clincher for me is a really simple thing.

When it is time for bed, on LX they make up a bed with a comfy mattress, a proper pillow and a quilt. It's heaven!

On LH you get the standard blanket with one small pillow. Not comfortable.I always have to ask for about 4 extra pillows and put them under me to be able to sleep - and even then it's not brilliant.

When flying F, I think a comfy sleep should be expected. So LX all the way for me, until LH invest in a few mattresses!!
Old May 15, 2010, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by ManchesterBDFlyer
Both airlines are very comparable and the seats are similar but the clincher for me is a really simple thing.

When it is time for bed, on LX they make up a bed with a comfy mattress, a proper pillow and a quilt. It's heaven!

On LH you get the standard blanket with one small pillow. Not comfortable.I always have to ask for about 4 extra pillows and put them under me to be able to sleep - and even then it's not brilliant.

When flying F, I think a comfy sleep should be expected. So LX all the way for me, until LH invest in a few mattresses!!
Another thing that makes LX F better than LH are the cloth towels in the aircraft lavatory.
Old May 16, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat

i had the same concern, however the lovely LH attendant still made my made upon request and used an extra blanket as the mattress pad. it worked quite well.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Pass
Hashing up an old thread here, can anyone make a comparison based on experience in the new LH F compared to the A333 LX F?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 4:02 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by elonepb
Hashing up an old thread here, can anyone make a comparison based on experience in the new LH F compared to the A333 LX F?
You'll find some recent comments in this thread, though some people can't agree what the new LH F is.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-lx-new-f.html
Old Sep 17, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards

And on LH in FC, the cabin temperature seems to be 90 F. Despite requests to the crew , it is always HOT. Never a need for a blanket, just a fan.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:00 am

LX old F seats are much much better than the LH old F seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.