Swiss F versus LH F

Old Jan 10, 10, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Swiss F versus LH F

Hi,

I recently used miles to fly LH F from Euro land to the west coast of the USA. Service was perfect, as was the food, drinks, seat etc etc.

I keep reading that LX First is outstanding. In what way is LX F worth the redemption or even paid fare rather than LH F?

thank you.
Old Jan 10, 10, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by mclachlan4321 View Post
Hi,

I recently used miles to fly LH F from Euro land to the west coast of the USA. Service was perfect, as was the food, drinks, seat etc etc.

I keep reading that LX First is outstanding. In what way is LX F worth the redemption or even paid fare rather than LH F?

thank you.
It is simply the best in flight F available on any European carrier , seats , food ,
beverage , service.^
Old Jan 10, 10, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by seat 1a View Post
It is simply the best in flight F available on any European carrier , seats , food ,
beverage , service.^
Agreed!
Old Jan 10, 10, 10:45 am

Programs: QR P, LH Proud to be a one Star Negative Blue, Hilton Gold, GHA Black, WOH something
well for me it's a toss up between LH and LX. while the LX seats are much better especially the new ones, i have a preference for the LH food and lounges.
Old Jan 10, 10, 10:56 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2.2 MM,UA-GS,DL-PL,HH-DM,MR-PL,*Wood-PL
+2 for LX #1 you at least have a choice/chance of sitting by yourself as its 1-2-1 layout vs. LH itís a 2-2-2 layout (747 2-2)
#2 LX new A333 just feels like youíre in your own little hotel room
Old Jan 10, 10, 12:01 pm

It depends. Both products are very similar, but there are still some differences:

Seats: The LX seat is closer to the aisle, smaller armrest there. But it has a privacy screen and a wider armrest in the middle. So more likely to be disturbed by people walking by, but more privacy from you seatmate. LX has the ottoman, LH a folding footrest. Also LX has only 1-2-1, i dislike the 2-2 config in the 747 when traveling alone. LX also 'makes' you bed, on LH you just have a blanket and pillow. Never been in the new LX F.

Amenity Kit and PJ: No PJ on day flights on LH, both kits are nothing to write home (but the current LH Rimowa Kit fetches up to 80 Euro on Ebay).

Food: No caviar on LX. Otherwise similar, depending more on the catering station.

Service: very dependend on crew. I find the LH MUC crews better than the FRA crews, LX usually very good, but i had grumpy LX crews before.

Lounge: Don't like the ZRH setup too much. Lounge is outside of security, for US flights they drive you to the E terminal, but you need to go thru security twice. And they dump you there much too long before the flight.

For me: LH thru MUC is first choice, then LX via ZRH and LH via FRA is last.
Old Jan 10, 10, 1:03 pm

[QUOTE=Unterwegs;13152395]

Seats: The LX seat is closer to the aisle,
You mean its wider ?

Food: No caviar on LX. Otherwise similar, depending more on the catering station.
No caviar , true . Otherwise no comparison IMHO . Great cheese on LX , and always a Swiss specialty , not on the menu.

Service: very dependend on crew. I find the LH MUC crews better than the FRA crews, LX usually very good, but i had grumpy LX crews before.
Agreed on MUC crews , but IMO LX crew are even more service minded.

Lounge: Don't like the ZRH setup too much.
This is absolutely true , I would rather listen to the Swiss cows on the train.

Also LX entertainment system is much better.
Old Jan 10, 10, 1:45 pm

"The LX seat is closer to the aisle"

What i meant is:
The total seat width is about the same, including armrests. But the actual seating surface on LX is closer to the isle, not wider.
The armrest between the two seats is wider, the armrest at the isle is less wide. So you sit closer to the isle.
Old Jan 10, 10, 2:06 pm
Uli

if fly LH F and LX F both, once a month at least.

you can only compare A340/330 to A340/330. you can forget LH F on 744 because sleeping there is like in a youth hotel.

on the airbus, in a single seat
-- seat on LX is better, especially during take/off landing thanks to the ottoman
-- food is about the same -- wine slightly better on LH, cheese much better on LX
-- crews: can be so/so on both. as being a German, I always have a feeling the Swiss crew feels a little bit superior. On LH, being a German is of course no disadvantage

as i live in frankfurt, LH is mostly the more convenient choice. but if i have the choice, i.e. if i need a night flight to FRA from HKG, i can either go via MUC or ZRH, i will go via ZRH and take the LX product.
Old Jan 10, 10, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Unterwegs View Post
"The LX seat is closer to the aisle"

What i meant is:
The total seat width is about the same, including armrests. But the actual seating surface on LX is closer to the isle, not wider.
The armrest between the two seats is wider, the armrest at the isle is less wide. So you sit closer to the isle.
crystal clear.
Not a big deal for me.I actually prefer the wider space between two seats ,
should I be in a 2 seater and not in seat 1a
Old Jan 10, 10, 3:49 pm

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, SLH
Originally Posted by seat 1a View Post
beverage , service.^
+1 ^.
Old Jan 10, 10, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
I am probably the minority here but I prefer LH F actually!
I have had some shockingly bad LX F experiences last year in terms of service.
Old Jan 10, 10, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mclachlan4321 View Post
Hi,

thank you.

It's worth every Pfennig @:-)

I would say LH F = LX C. Thus, LX F is outstanding compared to LH F @:-)
Old Jan 10, 10, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
I have had some shockingly bad LX F experiences last year in terms of service.
For a man of the world like Rambuster , what can possibly be so shocking ?
Old Jan 10, 10, 7:16 pm

Programs: LX HON, Emirates Skywards Gold, HH diamond, Hyatt plat
I just landed in LAX out of LX 40 one hour ago. seat was 2K. Great service, arrived 20 min earlier despite additional security and deicing in ZRH. HON pick up in LAX was a hindrance rather that help though. As always, way better than LH.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: