Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COOP points - accumulate

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
I think I might convert a small amount of points (say 10,000) in this current promotion, so I don't regret missing out in the future!
You would be giving away 25% of the "bonus" by converting 10k instead of 7.5k points. The "bonus" is a fixed amount of 333 points, regardless of what you buy with your points. @:-)
Old Jan 1, 2016, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Aah, I see..thank you, goliath, the whole thing is clear to me now. In case anyone's wondering, the promo can be viewed on the Supercard page (click on the Supercard link on www.coop.ch) and here it is:

http://www.coop.ch/pb/site/supercard...Teaser-Content

However, keeping German as the working language (although I am sure French would work too), when I get through to the final stage (Bestellen) there is no sign of the 333º points reduction. The Prämie (award) is still listed as 7,500º. I'm beginning to wonder, are you sure it includes mileage awards, as well as the normal awards (kettles, pots, tents and the usual junk)?

Hang on, just studying the page I cited in the link above, it says 333 SUPERPUNKTE FÜR JEDE BESTELLTE PRÄMIE with the exception of orders in the "Supercard Ticketshop". The other, starred, footnote says that the extra points will be awarded on 8th January. So that means they are paying you 333º when you order something, rather than deducting 333º from your order. So the award price stays the same, in this case 7,500º. Just, you get 333º for ordering it. Sorry...it took me a bit of unnecessary thinking to work all that out.

There's even an tiny little picture of a SWISS plane with the Miles & More and SWISS logos in the ad on that page!

Last edited by Concerto; Jan 1, 2016 at 2:56 pm
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: just tried to order the 3,750 miles package (for 7,500º points) and the system went into an eternal "loading" phase. Then I got a 503 Service Unavailable error notice. Tried it first in German then in French (thought it maybe didn't like me ordering in German when I always do everything in French). System must be overloaded, must be millions of people trying to spend their hard earned Superpoints (surely not?).

EDIT: the damn thing went through twice!! I tried a second time, got the same error message, got back into my account to see that it was debited twice. Well, maybe I'll just leave it like that, I've got plenty of COOP Superpoints and the catalogue of Prämien (awards) doesn't really inspire me...except for the mountain walking maps of the Alps, which are excellent. Oh, and there was a Schallplattenspieler on offer recently, a vinyl 33 rpm LP record player (which would be great for my historic collection of LPs!)

Seriously, what do you guys redeem your Superpoints for? Exclusively for M&M miles? Or have you any suggestions for other awards? Points seem to be quite easy to come by these days because there are so many multiple point promotions!

If you have any difficulties, the Superpoints customer service number is +(41)-32-3230505 (seems to be based in Neuchâtel) and it is open Monday to Saturday from 08h00 to 20h00.

Last edited by Concerto; Jan 2, 2016 at 5:18 am Reason: info update; typo
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:59 am

Same here: 503 error - regardless if I try to pay the full amount with points or points & co-pay.

Edit: both orders went through regardless of the error message. Points deducted, credit card charged, confirmation e-mails received.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Points and co-pay? Did I miss something? I didn't know you could do that with Superpoints. I really must have my head up my rear end at the moment! Too much Obstschnaps at New Year!
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Points and co-pay? Did I miss something? I didn't know you could do that with Superpoints.
You can basically buy the missing Coop points at 1 Rp. / point as long as you have 2000 points to start with. I think the feature has been around since ~2014.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Brilliant, goliath, I found it! So, I called up the Kundendienst and cancelled the two transactions that went through accidentally, and will reorder them on Monday using the points and cash option. If somehow it doesn't work out and the transactions go through, I will know for next time. How am I able to play through a Stockhausen score and miss something like this which was staring out at me!?

EDIT: to say that the two transactions which came back with an error message, the second transaction being an attempt to send the first one again, have now posted on my M&M account already. Just for once I hoped that Sunday might have slowed things down. So I will politely grumble to COOP Kundendienst about their IT on Monday morning and then just leave things as they are, because it's unlikely they can do anything now that they've gone through. Note to self: leave a sufficient period of time with these electronic transfer things if the first attempt doesn't work before trying again!

Last edited by Concerto; Jan 3, 2016 at 2:24 am Reason: info update
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What happened in the end is that I got one of the awards refunded, 7,500º in all. However, the miles are still on my M&M account. So it looks like I ended up with 7,500 miles for 7,500º COOP Superpoints, less 666º Superpoints for the original two award transactions. Meaning I paid 6,834º Superpoints to receive 7,500 miles! Must have been my lucky day, unless they somehow withdraw the other 3,750 miles from my M&M account during the next few days which they are entitled to do so.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:58 am

The cashback (or "pointback") has posted in the meantime in my Supercard account:

07.01.2016 3-Königs-Promo-2016 Manuelle Zubuchung 333
Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Double Trophy stamps are being given out this week. I can't make use of it, I'm in the Caribbean, but maybe someone can!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know this is a bit late in the promotion, but I have 3 completed Trophy cards (plus one that is partly filled requiring 16 more stamps). Could these be any use to anyone based in Switzerland just now? Remember you have until Saturday 6th February to exchange them at a COOP supermarket that is sufficiently big to have a Kundendienst desk.

If you PM me I will mail them priority mail, but you have to be quick because tomorrow evening I'm off on my horse again. Naturally, I will assume postal costs etc.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Trophy cards all gone! No more PMs!
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:29 pm

I exchanged some Superpunkte into Miles. In the past, I could enter my Miles and More Number in the order process but this time, I couldn't. I just got an Email that the order will be delivered by mail the next 14 days. Did I miss something? Do I have to wait now until I get some kind of a voucher?
In the past, I had my Miles within a day.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you call them up tomorrow during normal office hours they are usually super helpful if you have a problem. I'm going to have a look at this in a moment. Normally you input your M&M number somewhere during the process.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:18 am

I called them. They really cannot see any M&M Number in the order. So I gave the number manually. I hope it won't take too long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.