Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > The Suggestion Box
Reload this Page >

(Help with) Forum Structure, Finding Things, etc. (to move)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Hi all -

Goal: I used to see discussions on specific airlines here, their business class ameneties, economy seating situations, the travel experience, by Airline. Now for the life of me I can't find this?

--------

First time back here in years. So have fresh eyes on the forum. First thoughts - i have run an online forum with about 80,000 members for about 19 years. When I logged in, I did not see the listing of forums and subforums. I saw a "trending threads" display. While this may seem like a unique approach, it made it more difficult for me as I was not interested in what other people are talking about.

I am interested in asking a question in the proper forum. And I couldn't find it.

I noticed on the left sidebar what I guess is the forum categories (?) - but strangely - I expected to at least see a forum on Airlines, maybe drilled down by different airlines, yet nowhere on the left sidebar can this be found.

Where do I go to ask a question about American Airlines? Oddly, I see two entire sections dedicated to 'Airlines and Mileage' and "Miles and points". Are those different?

Yet still none of the most basic stuff I was expecting: A listing of airlines so people can discuss them.

I will keep looking. Just wanted to give my "First 10 minutes experience" feedback. As a forum admin I found that the more I hung out on my own forums, the less perspective I would have on what people actually needed, and I got caught up in "doing interesting stuff" to the detriment of the user experience. Seems that may have happened here.

EDIT: Is "Airlines and Mileage Programs" intended to be for both discussing airlines, and also for discussing their mileage programs? I have a question unrelated to mileage programs. Just about the airline and its planes.

- FB

Last edited by FlyerBurger; Apr 2, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Update:

I guess (?) the closest thing now is "Travel and Dining" (totally not where I would have looked based on title).

Honestly Im kind of floored this forum doesn't have a section dedicated entirely to discussing Airlines, with a subforum for each airline. This has to be the most obvious thing I could think of for a site like this, and such forums would be full of amazing helpful information on the "happenings" for each airline.

It seems its all been removed though in the last several years and combined into travel and "dining" :-/

Bummer.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:27 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
It's still there - when you go to the main page of the forums, look for the image below and click on "Airlines and Mileage Programs"
Attached Images  
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome back!

Everything is still there. Click here to see the full list (and links) to the airlines and their respective programs.

We will move this thread to the Information Desk, the newish forum that is particularly helpful to newer members.

JDiver, Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.