Reload this Page >

Mods Changing Thread Titles

Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold

I can understand changing a thread title if it is inaccurate or misleading. But I have been noticing lately that the moderators seems to be changing titles whenever they get the urge. For example, a thread title asking for help with melting chocolate was changed to something very different than the OP originally designated. There was nothing wrong, inaccurate, or misleading about the OP's thread title. I think that is going too far. Why are the moderators doing this?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:39 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Good morning; thanks for the question.

In regards to any individual moderator's actions, please note the guidelines for this forum from our Community Director:

Discussion of individual moderators or their actions is not allowed. If you have such an issue, please privately message the Community Director.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sugge...0-welcome.html

As regards the general issue, I'd call your attention to this provision in the FlyerTalk Rules:

Please create thread titles that are specific and descriptive and that contain an accurate (not misleading or sensational) characterization of the topic. If you wish to change your thread's title, please contact a moderator. Moderators may also edit thread titles to clarify content.
http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#threadtitles

Regards,

Co-Moderator, The Suggestion Box forum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.