Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2009 SPG Promotional Opportunity for Gold and Platinum Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 SPG Promotional Opportunity for Gold and Platinum Members

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:13 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Thanks William,

this will help me in a lean (at least compared to the last few years) year of Hotel Stays.

sdcarver
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC-E,UA-1K,Fairmont-Plat,SPG-Plat,IC Gold Ambassador,PC Gold,Delta-Gold,Hertz Gold 5*,HHonors Gold
Great promotion spg! Now which to choose.... I want both.

Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:34 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by El Boocho
The counter restartes Jan 1, even though the program year ends 2/28/ Thus no need to worry about spreading them out. If you stay 50 nights from October 1-December 31, you will have Plat through 2/2011 without spending a night in a starwood hotel in 2010 or 2011.
Not very confusing actually.

All a member has to identify would be if he/she is a "earner" or a "renewer". If you manage to earn a particular status before March 1, 2010, your earned status will last exactly 365 days.

If you manage to renew your status before March 1, 2010, your renewed status will last till end February the following year but it will only done manually around year-end.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:36 pm

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
WOW ^. Thanks Starwood and William for letting us know .

I am thrilled with my options of stays/nights count double AND 1000 points per stay in eligible North American properties.

Of course I would really love the Nights Advance promo as well, but that would be greedy since I am NOT Plat (yet) . If I happen to qualify for Plat before December this year, would I then be eligible for the Nights Advance promo on stays after I qualify or is that only for CURRENT Plat members?

Really pleased that Starwood came through for us :-:. I was wishing on a :-: that Starwood would give us double stays.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by mahasamatman

I also urge anyone who's complaining about the double stay promo to please move on to another program so your company-sponsored stays don't interfere with the stays we actually pay for.
This negative conversation is wearing me down. Please stop. Even the new posters don't like it.

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Hi sdm1130,

The best way to find out would be to login at spg.com/promos on Sept 9th and find out.

[email protected]

I'll do just that. Thanks.

Originally Posted by morerainplease
I'm new around here and am genuinely wondering if this is the level of discourse I can expect.
morerainplease, The Starwood forum is generally a friendly forum. ^
Welcome to Flyertalk.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by werldporks
so basically every guest checking into a hotel will be Platinum from next year.
pathetic.
Umm...well I won't be, so you can sleep easier now.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich
There's a long thread on whether or not this is true and, to be honest, I just re-read the entire final page of posts and still am not sure of the situation...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...rements-2.html
Just go by the written T&Cs of the program, which state that your status is good during the CY that you earn it and the following calendar year. (plus the unwritten extra 2 months in the 3rd year.)

It was confirmed in that thread that the T&Cs are correct. There's no exception in the T&Cs for attaining status during Jan/Feb.

Read post #56 and $57 in that thread. That's what I'm going by.

I think there's some manual posting that might be done differently depending on when you attain your status, but you still get the current CY, the next CY, and the unwritten extra 2 months in the 3rd CY. That manual posting thing just makes the expiration date look "wrong" on the web site if you attain your initial status in Jan/Feb until it's updated for the next year. You will still get the current CY, and the next full CY, because when they update your status for the next CY, they will find that you had enough stays during the previous CY to keep your status for the next CY.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Sep 3, 2009 at 9:57 pm
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
If I happen to qualify for Plat before December this year, would I then be eligible for the Nights Advance promo on stays after I qualify or is that only for CURRENT Plat members?
The answer is no as you did not originally (or where not qualified to ) enrol in that promotion.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
This is the way I intepret PLT requal (for current 2009 PLTs);-

If you reach 25/50 before or on 28 February 2010, you will only keep PLT till February 2011.

However if you earn 24/49 by 28 February 2010, you will drop to Gold on 1 March 2010. Your next stay in 2010 will tip you to 25/50 and thus you will upgraded back to Platinum and enjoy that status until February 2012.

So if you choose the Advance Night promo, good timing is the key here where you want to make sure you have no more than 24 stays or 49 nights from 1 October 2009 through to 28 February 2010 (but this does not need to be applied to those who will easily requal PLT)
No, not really. The thread you referenced is a ridiculously confusing thread, where the Lurkers do nothing but confuse and obfuscate.

If you do 25/50 before or on Feb 2010, you will keep PLT until Feb 2012. It's only the website expiration message that will be messed up.

Anyway, I love the new promos. Very creative. I was thinking there wouldn't be a double stay this year, and I've been planning on booking hotel-switching stays. Now I'm still considering doing that, and taking the other option, too!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by heffa
I *heart* SPG
Me too!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Great promos. Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by camsean
Me too!
me three!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 10:05 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Of course I would really love the Nights Advance promo as well, but that would be greedy since I am NOT Plat (yet) . If I happen to qualify for Plat before December this year, would I then be eligible for the Nights Advance promo on stays after I qualify or is that only for CURRENT Plat members?
Hi Downunder girl,

Updated answer: I was reading your question over and over again and I believe this might be the answer you are looking for instead.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12330177-post79.html

Hope this helps.

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker II; Sep 4, 2009 at 12:56 am
Old Sep 3, 2009, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by aviators99
If you do 25/50 before or on Feb 2010, you will keep PLT until Feb 2012. It's only the website expiration message that will be messed up.
That was also my conclusion.

-David
Old Sep 3, 2009, 10:51 pm

Quasi-hypothetical question…

Wow, once again I am motivated against rationality by SPG's promo. Feels balanced, reasonable and thought out (open invitation to flaming here ). Anyway, on to my q:

Let’s say I’m a new SPG member who has so far achieved gold status with 15 stays this year…

If my 25th stay posts by November 30th and I register for this promo by November 30th, does this mean that a) I will qualify for the Nights Advance promo and, b) any stays started between October 1st and November 30th will be carried over to my 2010 requirements?

I would really love a "Lurker level" confirmation to the above, for my own peace of mind, but any feedback would help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.