Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St Regis Aspen, Colorado 2001 - 2006 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St Regis Aspen, Colorado 2001 - 2006 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2004, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Will this be part of the general Starwood Vacation Ownership Program? That is, if you have an SVO, can you use it as this property?
Old Jan 27, 2004, 1:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by welookgood.com:
The St. Regis Residence Club in Aspen is our first Club. We do plan to open future clubs around the world and yes, there will be an exchange program.
This is like any piece of real-estate you own or have owned. This is deeded real estate. You can put it into a family trust, LLC etc.
2 bedroom looks like it will be $10,500 per year and 3 bedroom looks like around $11,900 per year.
Yes, any week can be rented. The nightly rate all depends on what time of year it is. We are doing extremely well on both the EOY program and the yearly program, but I feel that you would be better off with the yearly program.
</font>
I'm *confused* welookgood. Are you working for this company/project? Or is this information/post from something you got elsewhere or from somebody? I can't figure it from the other post before this one. Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2004, 2:10 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
2 bedroom looks like it will be $10,500 per year and 3 bedroom looks like around $11,900 per year.

is that the annual fee ? for how many weeks ? 52 ? it says per year, then it will not be fractional ownership... am I missing the point. It will be too expensive for us but if we had 1M to spend now, I think we would go for it.

Amex Centurion Card gives you SPG Plat as long as you pay Amex the annual fee or get a complementary Centurion card.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 8:24 pm

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by welookgood.com:
St. Regis Residence Club Aspen members will be able to convert up to two of their Club weeks in either the winter or summer season for Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG) Starpoints®. Starpoints may be used to access over 750 hotels and resorts and other benefits and services in the SPG Program, which is administered by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. Each St. Regis Residence Club Aspen member will be enrolled as an SPG Platinum member and will be entitled to all of the benefits afforded all SOG members at this membership level. Visit www.spg.com for further information about the SPG Program.

Which family members have membership privileges?

A: Extended families of the member and their spouse, including grandchildren, children, siblings and parents are entitled to membership privileges when occupying a reserved Club unit.

Do members pay Club dues?

A: Yes. Members of The St. Regis Residence Club pay Club dues, which pay for the professional management and operation of The St. Regis Residence Club Aspen. These annual Club dues are each member's pro-rata portion of funds, which include, but are not limited to, staff salaries, supplies, maintenance, window washing, trash removal, utilities, property taxes, and the replacement and/or refurbishment of the facilities and other costs of operating the ownership program.

So my question is how many people get lifetime plat status? Depending on club dues this may or may not be an interesting investment
</font>
Club dues is a tricky thing, I actually was interested in acquiring a Ritz Carlton Club membership, well the initial investment I could handle, what in the end made me to decide against it was the annual dues which were running at about 6500 US$ for a two bedroom and approx. 9000 US$ for a three bedroom unit, they of course make you all promises that they will keep all cost increases reasonable, but in the end it depends what all the owners spend and what the cost of the management is.

That is always what kept me until now away from buying, plus the fact that I still have on top the costs to travel to the location which can be depending where I will be quite substantial.

Nevertheless this concept is much better than the traditional ownership.

By the way beside of Ritz Carlton, Fours Seasons has started also such a program, but more inexpensive because you can get also 1 bedrooms and the minimum is only two weeks ( around 50.000 US$).

Old Jan 28, 2004, 2:22 am

It is unclear whether welookgood is a Starwood employee. Are you based in Aspen?

As for whether the Residence Club forms part of SVN - no, it doesn't.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 9:36 pm

Location: Currently a man without a country; American Airlines-3MM, Executive Platinum; US Airways-Doesn't Matter AAnymore; Hilton-Diamond; Starwood-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond
St Regis, Aspen next weekend!

I've searched the threads and can't find any recent experiences at this location.

We arrive 2/27 and are spending 3 nights to celebrate our middle daughter's 16th B-Day on 2/29 (we keep telling her she is just 4 but that gets only a roll of the eyes and a "yeah right"!)She was told she could go anywhere in the 48 as long my FF and Hotel points would get us there and she chose Aspen!

I did receive an unsoliticited e-mail from the Head Concierge/VIP Club Level inquiring about our dinner and resort plans and have coordinated 2 dinners and some ski info with him. That was very impressive and very helpful.

We are excited about our first St. Regis stay and I would like to know if any FTers have any recent experience there.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I'm not sure what you mean by "recent", but if you do a search for "Aspen", you will find quite a few threads.

We were there last summer for 3 nights. It was excellent. We used some extra points to upgrade to the Club Floor, and that was definitely worth it.

We also had dinner in their main restaurant. While it was quite good, I would say it was not top notch, and with the prices they charge, I did expect top notch.

There are many other excellent restaurants in Aspen - check some guide books or ask around. It is mostly a matter of personal preference. We had a great meal at reasonable prices at Ken-Ichi.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 11:34 pm

We are staying here for Christmas this year and were wondering if anyone has experience with staying at this property during that time period. Is there some place special to make reservations for on Christmas Eve? Any chance of a Platinum upgrade or will we be allowed to the club level? Should we rent a car or is everything close by and we can take taxis? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 1:05 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Excellent property

Stayed there three weeks ago and a free weekend award for two nights. Hotel was sold out the second night. My expectations were not too high, but I was very happy to be given a suite upgrade at check-in as well as access to the club lounge as a Plat. One of my best Starwood experiences so far.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 1:11 pm
ski

Xmas is not as busy as after xmas/newyear's. Hotel Jerome Century Room for Xmas eve (request specifically to sit in Century Room). They are converting a part of the hotel into private residences that are for sale as partial or more ownership properties. Not sure what effect if any this will have on upgrades. Unless you are driving in from Vail or Denver, have to drive yourself to Snowmass, or are planning on going to Glenwood to see the caves or springs, dinner at Krablooniks, etc. there is no need for a car. The hotel provides comp airport transportation and in town transportation. Everything is close to hotel walking and the other big hotels have comp transportation if you don't feel like walking back in the cold. Hotel does have parking fee. Free skier shuttle buses are a very short block from hotel. Hotel sometimes has a group bus to Snowmass at $8/person, private car at $40. Email the hotel, they will answer your questions. Comp kid's activities at hotel at Xmas was a comp game room set up in a ballroom, and Santa on Xmas eve. Hotel Jerome had a comp Xmas party with different activities and Santa. Opera House had a comp Xmas party with Santa and alot of activities. Best rates usually under worldwide leisure programs.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 4:31 pm

^

Thanks ski and rcs85551. I don't know how to add "reputation points" that I've seen written about, but if you can show me, I'll give you some thumbs up!

I will try and book a table in the Century Room for Christmas Eve. ^
Old Apr 12, 2004, 6:23 pm

Programs: spg plat, delta,cont. gold
Red face

Spellbound,
I stayed there with my family durring president's week. We stayed in a alpine suite using points. The hotel is fantastic, the service and facilities are a 10, with one exception, the spa area. The spa was a dissapointment, we booked a few treatments and needless to say IMO, it was not one would expect from a ***** star property.

Not a deal killer for me, just a let down. The St Regis is planning on revamping the spa area, as well as renovate the club floor and add time share units.

If you are flying in to Aspen airport, the hotel will provide complmentry transfers to & from the airport, They will pick you up in a Lexus LX 470 or a Surburban , ( nice touch) . Additionally, when in town the hotel will provide free limo service anywhere in town, restaurants, shopping, the skiing areas are extra. Tips are expected.

If you are flying into Eagle ( Vail) Airport, the hotel will pick you up for a fee. $ 235.00 each way ( it's a 1.5 hr trip). I would suggest not renting a car, as the hotel charges $ 40.00 +/- a day for parking, and the car service is great!!!

The club floor is the way to go, especially if you have kids, quick breakfast in the am. There are five food presentations daily with complementry drinks.

We skiied at buttermilk mountain , only 10-15 min ride, very few people with no wait durring the busiest weekend.

There are many great restaurants in Aspen, as a guest of the St. Regis, you are allowed to dine ( one night) at the Caribiu Club. It's a private club with some famous members.

Try Ajax cabin for french fries after skiing, fun to people watch. I would not ever go back to Krobrolunick ( spelling ) Stay away!!!!!

I could go on and on, I plan on being there as well

Keep in touch, well have a drink at the fireplace

Ira
Old Apr 13, 2004, 10:50 pm

Now, I'm really getting excited about this place!! They are closing for renovations for months, so it should be a most excellent Christmas! Ira, we will definitely have that drink with you and your family.

I'm having a little difficulty finding flights from SFO though. Any carriers that you use regularly? The hotel is closed right now for renovations and Starwood doesn't have any info to offer.

Thanks for all the info! You can always email me at [email protected].
Old Apr 14, 2004, 7:29 pm

Programs: spg plat, delta,cont. gold
When we fly, I usually go with Delta or Contential into eagle vail using miles. If you can fly into Aspen, it's only 10 mins. from the hotel. Denver is about 4 hrs.

good luck, see you in Dec.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 1:19 am

Location: Currently a man without a country; American Airlines-3MM, Executive Platinum; US Airways-Doesn't Matter AAnymore; Hilton-Diamond; Starwood-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond
Thumbs up

We had a great stay here 2/27-3/1/04. Wonderful Club Floor with non-stop food...really helped out on the budget! They are really in ramp-up mode with the Aspen Grand Hyatt going up right next door...renovations include much bigger spa and converting some rooms to time shares.

Free shuttle to and from Aspen airport and then the bus system in Aspen is great...free to and from the different ski-slopes.

Have dinner at Cache Cache.

I did a trip report that is somewhere on FT of our stay.

Enjoy...we did. ^

MWP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.