Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westins in Maui

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
Pools are great at the Villas. Your 5 year old might like the pirate ship (my 2 & 4 year olds LOVE it). The big slide is OK. Much less crowded than Resort.

I'd strongly suggest the 1 BR if travelling as a family of 4 - much more privacy and a better kitchen. In fact, we usually compromise on the view for the larger 1 BR compared with studio (i.e. I'd rather have a 1 BR island than a studio partial ocean). We're owners there so we've been "upgraded" from island to partial ocean view on our 1 BR stays (when paying obviously). Only caveat is some of the island in building 4 (lower floors) overlook parking lot / highway and can apparently be noisy (we've never stayed in this bldg).

WKORV offers a queen sofa bed, WKORV-N offers a double sofa bed, I believe. I think they're alright for kids, but not for adults. WKORV-N are a few years newer, so although smaller, might be firmer, and less "bar" effect.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by rdong002
Do anyone know how is the pull out sofa in the Studio. Obviously, it's no Heavenly Bed but is it sufficient for 5 nights? The last time we had sofa sleeper (not at the Villas), the bar was a killer.
We simply take the mattress off and put it on the floor. No bar!
Old Apr 2, 2009, 1:51 pm

That is a great answer! Mattress on floor for the kids. No worries about them falling off in the middle of the night. I love it!
Old Apr 2, 2009, 5:10 pm

Sorry, another question - does the WMORV charge a resort fee?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by rdong002
Sorry, another question - does the WMORV charge a resort fee?
No resort fee at the Villas. No excess charges either... i.e., parking, internet, etc. is all built into the rate or complimentary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.