Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Any resort property in the appalachian mountains?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K SPG Platinum Hilton Diamond

anything good for a weekend trip from DC?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:33 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by busybugsy
anything good for a weekend trip from DC?
Nearest the northern end of the Appalachians, I think your closest choice is going to be the Four Points by Sheraton Manassas Battlefield.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Apr 2, 2009, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

that's close but I'm more looking for something in the mountains. anything in the 300 mile range is reasonable.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 3:51 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Seems to me the closest you're going to get is with the new Sheraton ROANOKE, VA. As you might know, Roanoke is a stone's throw from the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Appalachian Trail runs just south of the ROA area. Not sure what you're looking for, but ROA is going to be about as close as you can get to the heart of Appalachia with *wood hotels.

The Sheraton ROA officially "opens" in two weeks (after endless delays in trying to reflag from a Wyndham to a Sheraton).

Hope this helps!
Old Apr 2, 2009, 3:59 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by busybugsy
that's close but I'm more looking for something in the mountains. anything in the 300 mile range is reasonable.
If that is the case, then I would go with sbtinme's suggestion. From your original post, I thought you were looking for something closer to DC than 300 miles. My bad.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Apr 2, 2009, 6:17 pm
Community Director Emerita

www.hotelmagician has a great tool for finding chain hotels. Chose a city, chose a mile range that interests you, chose a filter for the hotel chain of choice, and voila - you'll see what is in that area. I know you posted the same query in several hotel forums, so this is the most efficient way to obtain the information for all those chains at one time.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Four Points Sheraton - Asheville, NC

Four Points by Sheraton in Asheville, NC. It's not a resort I'm sure but everthing I hear is its a very nice property. Its also outside you're 300 mile range (only slightly I think). Asheville is a really great town with a vibrant arts community, shops and cafes. Asheville is also near the Blueridge Pkwy, near the Biltmore house, has a sit down service MeDonalds and is in the heart of the Smokey Mts.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 7:12 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
I hesitate to even mention it since it always prompts some debate, but you could head for the Poconos.
Cove Haven
Pocono Palace
Paradise Stream
Old Apr 2, 2009, 8:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by sc flier
I hesitate to even mention it since it always prompts some debate, but you could head for the Poconos.
Cove Haven
Pocono Palace
Paradise Stream
Wow - how do those champagne glass hot tubs work? I've never seen anything like that - they look ready to tip over in the picture. How do you get in them? Is there a ladder?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 8:16 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rwsatl
Asheville is also near the Blueridge Pkwy, near the Biltmore house, has a sit down service MeDonalds and is in the heart of the Smokey Mts.
The McDonald's right near Biltmore is certainly interesting. Definitely the only McDonald's I've ever been to with a grand piano.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

these looks great and I wonder why there's no resort of this type in the south. I think it's still kind of cold in the poconos so I'm looking for somewhere at south of DC.

Originally Posted by sc flier
Cove Haven
Pocono Palace
Paradise Stream

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.