Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG's Night After Night Q1 2009 Promotion + 500pt specific property bonus from 2/18

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG's Night After Night Q1 2009 Promotion + 500pt specific property bonus from 2/18

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2008, 5:16 pm

Sounds good, but was hoping for double stay credit :-(

Oh well, maybe in Q2!!!!
Old Dec 17, 2008, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
My only Gripe: What about Jan 1-7

I have 5 nights booked.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thank you so much Starwood Lurker, this means we can start booking for next year right away! and concentrate on one brand since we know that this promo is out there.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Wow....Q1 is a long quarter
Old Dec 17, 2008, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by clublounger
Wow....Q1 is a long quarter

Wow its gonna be be a very long time till I next step into a *W prop

I dont see the promo as anything to get worked up about. An extra 10k for 10 nights is worthless to me. Every yr till now had a much better offer, that resulted in more Pts or stay credit.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 7:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Being new and still learning I was hoping that the 2x stay credit was sort of a given. Hmmmm. I was hoping the several weeks of vacation this year might get us to platinum. Otherwise I'll definately be staying at other resorts/hotels. Considering the current economic climate I'd thought hotels would be doing everything they could to attract business.....

My 2c on the issue.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by craz
I dont see the promo as anything to get worked up about. An extra 10k for 10 nights is worthless to me. Every yr till now had a much better offer, that resulted in more Pts or stay credit.
Just having my 26th stay for the You Choose-promo and will hit 30 stays and 75K points before the year end. Will make 85 SPG stays for the year.

Unless there are other promos I don't see having many stays on Starwood properties during the 1st quarter.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by 777lover

Oh well, maybe in Q2!!!!
Me as well. It is hard for me to maintain Diamond and Platinum status. Oh well, something to look forward to next quarter.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
My only Gripe: What about Jan 1-7

I have 5 nights booked.
4 for me..
Old Dec 18, 2008, 1:01 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by docbert
4 for me..
I have 3 nights stay between between Jan 1 - 7... Too bad the promotion doesn't cover that period.

First quarter is going to be weak for me and I will wait for 2nd quarter for better promo. I am normally a 1 - 2 nighters. Maybe less hotel hopping but looking at a total of stays will be 2 - 3.

I will delay my optional trips to see if better stay promotions come in 2nd quarter.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 1:36 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Many thanks for the advance notice, certainly most appreciated!
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
This promotion is open to all members and the registration page will be live on January 7th for bookings you make for nights between January 7- April 30.
Just to make sure I understand this correctly: As long as I sign up for the promo, it will also apply to nights already booked now that fall into the 01/07-04/30 window?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Thanks for the warning, this is really appreciated - a real treat for 30-nights-in-a-four-points customers .

However, I wanted to give you the opportunity to adjust your forecasts: My 20 stays/26 nights in Q4 will go down to 10 nights in Q1. IHG will get another 15 nights to make the most out of their current promo.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 6:12 am

Programs: FB-Gold, SPG-Plat, Priority Club-Plat
This is a nice promo from *wood. Maybe it won't help some people here, but it will help out others. Nice going *wood.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 6:31 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by 777lover

Oh well, maybe in Q2!!!!
The double stay promotions carried through most of the second half of 2008. I was registered twice from June -Aug and then Oct-Dec.

I don't recall an SPG double stays offer for the beginning of 2008. I took advantage of the Hyatt Double Stays promo for Jan-Mar 2008.

If 2009 hotel scene is as bad as the forecasts, then expect double stays later in 2009; possibly targeted to former elites. Most of the SPG double stay offers over the years were targetted. As SPG Platinum I received a targeted 2008 summer double stays. I had no SPG elite qualifying stays between January and June 2008.

I am looking forward to another wonderful year of hotel stays as Platinum with Starwood.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 6:54 am

Programs: *wood Plat, PC Plat RA, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Thank you Lurker, seems this promo is not bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.