FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   SPG's Night After Night Q1 2009 Promotion + 500pt specific property bonus from 2/18 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/900423-spgs-night-after-night-q1-2009-promotion-500pt-specific-property-bonus-2-18-a.html)

Starwood Lurker Dec 17, 2008 3:43 pm

SPG's Night After Night Q1 2009 Promotion + 500pt specific property bonus from 2/18

Okay, everyone. Here is what you've all been clamouring for information about. :cool:

SPG wanted to let you know about their exciting Q1 promotion before it launched on January 7th. The SPG Night After Night promotion will reward all registered members with 500 bonus Starpoints per night plus 5,000 bonus Starpoints for every 10th night for all nights from January 7th through April 30th, 2009. That totals 10,000 bonus Starpoints for every 10 nights. This promotion is open to all members and the registration page will be live on January 7th for bookings you make for nights between January 7- April 30. To read more details about the new promotion, visit www.spg.com/nights.

This promotion is open to all registered members, and everyone gets the same offer. You can earn bonus Starpoints starting with your first night and can continue to earn for every night you stay with us from January 7th through April 30, so your earnings are unlimited during this period. Earned nights can be at any of the over 890 participating Starwood properties worldwide, and can be across one or multiple stays.

Members had given positive feedback regarding the 500 points per night promotion that ran this summer, so the decision was made to bring it back on a larger scale and to add the rich 5,000 Starpoint bonus for every 10 nights. We hope this promotion will appeal to a wide array of members since the rewards start at 1 night and gives frequent stayers (or long leisure stayers) the ability to rack up thousands of Starpoints with multiple nights.

For those who were wondering about the SPG You Choose promotion, the feedback was overwhelmingly positive from members and there is a strong possibility it could be repeated at some point in the future. We hope the new Night After Night promotion helps you start off ’09 with lots of bonus Starpoints.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

1flyer1 Dec 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Thank you Lurker!

Starwood Lurker Dec 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Terms and Conditions

Member must register online at SPG.com/nights by March 31, 2009, Midnight EST. Member can earn 500 bonus Starpoints® for every eligible night and an additional 5,000 bonus Starpoints for every tenth eligible night. An eligible night is a night at an SPG® participating property paying a qualifying rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program between January 7, 2009, and April 30, 2009. SPG participating properties and a description of qualifying rates can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. Eligible nights do not need to be consecutive. Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only have their room counted once toward eligible nights under this promotion. Bonus Starpoints will be credited to the member's account within 2–3 weeks of the stay posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account. All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at SPG.com. Offer is applicable to individual members only and is not available to groups or Starwood employees. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on SPG.com/privacy, or call 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries to access our privacy information line. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Void where prohibited by law. © 2009 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All rights reserved.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

thepointsguy Dec 17, 2008 4:09 pm

Wait a sec... a promo that involves no hotel hopping?! :D:D^^

I like the way they think..its too cold to hotel hop in the winter!!

PTahCha Dec 17, 2008 4:11 pm

Excellent offer!! ^

Too bad the company I work for just put a kabash on all non-essential travels. :(

360guy Dec 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Thank you

William. Thank you for the notice on the upcoming promotion.;)

bigguyinpasadena Dec 17, 2008 4:21 pm

I think it is esential for PTahCha to check the plating specs at every wacky widgets manufacturing plant on the west coast ^
And if they give you any guff tell them to talk ro me :D

OHNOMRBILL Dec 17, 2008 4:23 pm

Great offer ! May still "Hotel Hop " in the cold to get the stay count up quickly though ;)

PS Have a Merry Christmas William :-: :-:

bigguyinpasadena Dec 17, 2008 4:24 pm

woooo hooo-Thanks William

That is a nice and easy promo-save having to mattress hop ^

kats Dec 17, 2008 4:36 pm

Thanks for the notice in advance. No need to hop! Finally, I get to stay in one hotel for several nights.

CPRich Dec 17, 2008 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker (Post 10925010)
earnings are unlimited during this period

Limited to 111.5K, no?;) I smell a contest...

Nice and easy, no complex tracking my nights vs. stays, no hotel hopping, etc.

The only problem is I don't see a way for the FT cognoscenti to squeeze more points out and show their "normal" co-workers how travel-smart we are.

Bondiboy Dec 17, 2008 4:50 pm

Any rumor of a LM promotion?

Lurker,

As the risk of seeming grasping, are there any roumors of a separate LM promotion like last years stay 7 get 4?

Starwood Lurker Dec 17, 2008 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Bondiboy (Post 10925389)
Lurker,

As the risk of seeming grasping, are there any roumors of a separate LM promotion like last years stay 7 get 4?

Not that I'm aware of.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

sfozrhfco Dec 17, 2008 5:01 pm

and the usual North America 1,000/2,000/3,000 point bonus for the first quarter? :)

Hopefully there are more promos coming for the 1st quarter, otherwise it will be the worst 1st quarter for promos in several years. Maybe an across the board category drop will be the replacement for this year.

satori Dec 17, 2008 5:13 pm

500 bonus points per night is nice for the casual traveler with a fixed bonus beginning the first night. The opportunity to go for 10 nights and double the points for 1,000 points per night bonus is a sweetener.

Historically, 1,000 bonus points per night is a decent promotion, but just average in terms of points earned. I hope we will some some other good regional or brand bonuses to promote hotel traffic.

At least hotel rates are dropping in many places and this makes some hotels in 2009 significantly less costly than a year ago.

Thanks SPG for early notice.