Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Atlanta Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2007, 1:00 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BFG
I've probably stayed at this property more than any other Starwood property and have never had a problem. I hope your situation is unique.
It's not. This is the worst Starwood I've stayed at. I wrote. My guess is Starwood has a long file on this property and that they won't be surprised to get another complaint. I encourage the OP to write. With enough complaints, maybe there will be positive changes.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 1:57 pm

it seems that my experience was far from unique. unfortunate, but i suppose it happens. i have written to starwood customer service to inform them of the problem. hopefully all the complaints will at some point cause some changes. im very happy with starwood properties and westin especially, but this was a disappointment.
on a side note, the night before i stayed at the sheraton in buckhead which was nice, despite some renovations and the service was fantastic.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If you register a complaint and don't find the response by the hotel compelling, you might might the Sheraton at the airport on another visit. I found it perfectly acceptable on a brief visit last month. Inevitably for me, stays at airport hotels mean late check-ins and very early check-outs.
Old May 27, 2008, 6:20 am

Programs: SPG Gold, UA/AA Commoner
Another Horrible Stay

I only picked the Westin over the Sheraton because the Sheraton
charged a pet fee. I had 2 dogs as I just moved to Germany with them.

Arrival: We arrived at about midnight and requested a room on a lower
floor so getting the dogs in and out would be easy. We were the only
ones checking in and we were given a room on the 3rd floor. Great...

Room: WOW!!! There are water stains in front of the door. Not just
like old stains from bad carpet, but stains like someone just poured a
couple of buckets of water on the ground. Then we enter...I think we
should have stayed outside. Those water stains are everywhere. Not
even a little path of dryness to walk through. Not only that, but the
room is as humid as a swamp. I am sweating bullets. Being as it is
late I am not really worried and just want to sleep. My wife jumps in
the shower to wash off, and the shower will not adjust (it was a
handicapped shower where you can slide the head up and down). The
water pressure forces the shower head to shoot up in the air. And a
couple of the towels were wet. This is by far the worst Starwood room
I have ever been in.

Front Desk: I call downstairs, annoyed at this point. For $145/night,
this is ridiculous. The phone "breaks" mid conversation and I cannot get a
hold of the front desk. Finally I get a hold of someone, no sorry or anything. Just a "we'll change your room for you." I have changed rooms before for
accidentally being put in smoking etc. and the normal policy is to
have someone come move me. I wait 30 minutes, walk down to the front
desk and the woman is like, we have been waiting for you. All I was
told is, we will change your room sir. So I say, well it is 130 now so
I will wait until tomorrow and wouild like to speak with a manager.

Manager: I speak with the manager about 11am the next morning, AFTER
being woken up by construction that was not mentioned. He tells me that the night staff had not notified him of any problems. And he is not
really apologetic. Nothing offered, no sorry or anything. Just a,
we'll move you to the 9th floor, it is renovated. I told him, "this is
definitely not a Westin, it is probably the worst hotel I have ever
been in." He was very nice and changed my room, but that really was
it. Not one apology.

New room: It IS a WESTIN! Wow. I went from a run down Super 8 to the Westin all in 6 floors. So I got to stay in the Westin I paid 2 nights for for basically only one night.

I just want to update that this hotel is still pretty bad, I didn't read much, just the titles of other posts, but it does seem to be below standards. The rooms are being renovated, but only the top couple of floors have been completed. Hopefully when the renovation is complete an attitude renovation can begin.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 2:03 pm

I stayed in this hotel for one night this week and was surprised to see that there was alot of construction going on. We were also woken up by an unfortunate fire alarm test, but the main thing was the construction sort of ruined my breakfast experience. I did get upgraded to a great suite as a platinum, but would have stayed at the Sheraton if I would have known about the construction. Food from the restaurant was very good, especially the pizza, but be aware that the 8inch pizza seems smaller, maybe closer to a personal pan. Overall the staff was very friendly and the breakfast buffet was pretty good just too much noise before 8am for my taste.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 3:11 pm

Programs: GGL
Yes stayed there 1 night this week too, didn't get the fire alarm, but indeed a lot of work going on. Had suite too and ordered the large pizza, but really hated it and ate only 1 piece. Not baked.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Was there last night and it seems all renovations are complete.
I was in 481 a junior suite complete with a 42 inch flat panel and another 32 inch. Room was great, bathroom though was a little small after my last W stay, but overall the hotel seemed in great working order except the pool is supposedly heated, but it did not seem so to me.
Staff were terrific and on top of things. This property is very busy though with airport travelers coming at all times.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: Delta PE, SPG PE
I just phoned the hotel to see about the club lounge and weekend availability. She stated the lounge no longer existed.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 4:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Lifemiles, SPG, Marriott. LANPASS s*cks.
I stayed here last week.

Front-desk said they "are closing all lounges in all Westin", as a corporate request.

Is this true?
Old May 18, 2009, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
Was there last night and it seems all renovations are complete.
I was in 481 a junior suite complete with a 42 inch flat panel and another 32 inch. Room was great, bathroom though was a little small after my last W stay, but overall the hotel seemed in great working order except the pool is supposedly heated, but it did not seem so to me.
Staff were terrific and on top of things. This property is very busy though with airport travelers coming at all times.
My experience as well. I was in 855 (another junior suite). Free breakfast buffet from the restaurant. Nice and fresh and yummy. New TVs, nice staff. Dated property, but I've been in much worse.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 7:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Gold, VS Gold
Stayed here Wednesday night. Staff was professional. Room was clean, smartly decorated with crisp linens. Overall, we enjoyed our night!
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:35 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Does anyone have any recent experience here? Do they still offer breakfast coupons for Platinums? What is the parking charge?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
Does anyone have any recent experience here? Do they still offer breakfast coupons for Platinums? What is the parking charge?
Wasn't very recent... but when I stayed there last summer they offered breakfast buffet coupons for platinum members and I think parking was around $10.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: SPG Platinum | HHonors Gold | AA Gold
I've stayed twice within past 60 days. Platinum amenity offered, plus breakfast coupons for the downstairs restaurant (hot and cold buffet). Parking is $12.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:34 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Thanks to both of you . Now an additional question, if I leave my car parked in their lot past my actual stay, are additional days of parking charged at $12? I am not flying out, but will be in Atlanta for a few days and $12/day certainly beats $28+/day especially given that I will not be needing immediate use of the car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.