Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels that do not participate in SPG

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2008, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mecabq
I have also never heard of a Marriott, InterContinental, Hilton, or Hyatt (before the examples cited in this thread) not being part of the program.
Any IC participates to the Priority Club Programme.

All properties respect the Royal Ambassador privileges (early check in at 8.00 am, late check out at 4.00), and upgrade privileges (upgrade to suite; except for InterContinental COEX Seoul).

But properties offer different additional advantages (free access to club lounge, if any).
Old May 29, 2008, 11:36 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Right -- all InterContinental Hotels Group properties participate in Priority Club, and all InterContinental properties participate in Ambassador/Royal Ambassador. I have never seen any exceptions.

Of course, compliance varies (and, in my opinion, the rules are ambiguous in some cases). As has been discussed on the IC forum countless times, club access at InterContinentals is not a stated benefit of Priority Club Platinum or Royal Ambassador (nor Ambassador, of course). Some hotels graciously give this benefit, but that's not the same as participating in the program or not. Of course all of the chains, including SPG, have examples of inconsistent application of the rules among participating properties!
Old May 31, 2008, 11:12 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Sometimes it pays off to just contact a hotel directly. I asked the Le Meridien Al Aqah in UAE about why they do not participate in SPG and whether they plan to. Here's what they had to say...

We are now part of the Starwood Hotels however, we are not participating yet on their programs. We are still in the process of enrolling & getting all the approvals.

As for the meantime, we acknowledge our guests who are SPG members, only that we can not give out points as of the moment.
I'm not sure what it means to "acknowledge" SPG members. I did not ask whether that means that they give elite SPG members any perks such as preferred rooms or suites.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by sc flier
Sometimes it pays off to just contact a hotel directly. I asked the Le Meridien Al Aqah in UAE about why they do not participate in SPG and whether they plan to. Here's what they had to say...
...well, the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina just opened very recently, didn't belong to le meridien and (apparently) no "old" contracts apply.
So why don't they participate...
Old Mar 2, 2009, 4:11 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat
Hotels which don't participate in SPG but are listed at SPG.com

Planning a trip to Dubai over Christmas and may stay at one of the non-participating hotels. I realise that I won't get points nor recognition of my Platinum status but given the hotels are listed and can be booked via spg.com, would Starwood recognise the booking as part of stays required to reach Platinum again?

Maybe one for William....
Old Mar 2, 2009, 5:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by kippax
Planning a trip to Dubai over Christmas and may stay at one of the non-participating hotels. I realise that I won't get points nor recognition of my Platinum status but given the hotels are listed and can be booked via spg.com, would Starwood recognise the booking as part of stays required to reach Platinum again?

No.

Hotels that do not participate in SPG
Old Mar 2, 2009, 10:13 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by kippax

Regrettably, no. If a property does not participate in SPG, stays at said property do not count towards earning elite status or promotional offers.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 2, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
I still don't quite get this. Why those properties should be listed at SPG.com if they don't participate in SPG? To me, they can be listed at Starwood.com or Sheraton.com if it's a Sheraton but it simply creates confusion to list it in SPG.com and says it's non-participating.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:09 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by jimmychang
I still don't quite get this. Why those properties should be listed at SPG.com if they don't participate in SPG? To me, they can be listed at Starwood.com or Sheraton.com if it's a Sheraton but it simply creates confusion to list it in SPG.com and says it's non-participating.
Not possible. It's all coming from the same resource only with a different skin.

These non-participating properties are more clearly marked than ever before, so there really should not be any confusion regarding their status. If you believe otherwise, then I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 2, 2009, 9:05 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium
For my own reasons I have complied a list of "special" SPG properties and divided them into three categories:

Starwood Vacation Ownership Hotel, only limited participation in SPG (points/awards)
Code:
Hotel                                                   Country State          City              Collection
Phoenician Residences, Luxury Collection Residence Club USA     Arizona        Scottsdale        Luxury Collection
Sheraton Desert Oasis                                   USA     Arizona        Scottsdale        Sheraton
The Westin Kierland Villas                              USA     Arizona        Scottsdale        Westin
The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas                USA     California     Rancho Mirage     Westin
St. Regis Residence Club, Aspen                         USA     Colorado       Aspen             St. Regis
Sheraton Mountain Vista                                 USA     Colorado       Avon              Sheraton
Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas                        USA     Colorado       Steamboat Springs Sheraton
Sheraton Vistana Resort, Lake Buena Vista               USA     Florida        Orlando           Sheraton
Sheraton Vistana Villages, International Drive          USA     Florida        Orlando           Sheraton
Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort, Port St. Lucie, Florida   USA     Florida        Port St. Lucie    Sheraton
Sheraton Broadway Plantation                            USA     South Carolina Myrtle Beach      Sheraton
The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort                       Mexico  Quintana Roo   Cancun            Westin
The Westin CampoReal Residences                         Portugal               Turcifal          Westin
Other Limited Participation in SPG Hotel
Code:
Hotel                                                   Country State          City              Collection
Le Royal Méridien National                              Russia                 Moscow            Le Méridien
Hotel Not Participating in SPG
Code:
Le Méridien Moscow Country Club                         Russia                 Moscow            Le Méridien
The Lanesborough, a St. Regis Hotel                     UK                     London            St. Regis
Sheraton Karachi Hotel & Towers                         Pakistan               Karachi           Sheraton
Grosvenor House West Marina Beach by Le Méridien        UAE                    Dubai             Le Méridien
Le Méridien Dubai                                       UAE                    Dubai             Le Méridien
Le Méridien Fairway                                     UAE                    Dubai             Le Méridien
Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina           UAE                    Dubai             Le Méridien
Le Royal Méridien Beach Resort & Spa                    UAE                    Dubai             Le Méridien
Residence Deira by Le Méridien                          UAE                    Dubai             Le Méridien
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina      UAE                    Dubai             Westin
Le Méridien Al Aqah Beach Resort                        UAE                    Fujairah          Le Méridien
Hopefuly others will find it useful as well
Old Mar 3, 2009, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
...The limited-participation and non-participating properties are also called out in the SPG Terms & Conditions:

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...spg_terms.html

The T&Cs are worth looking at as they also contain a wealth of other useful info on the program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.