Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Le Parker Méridien, New York City [Master Thread] - LEAVING JAN 4, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Parker Méridien, New York City [Master Thread] - LEAVING JAN 4, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:15 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
Just booked! You're my hero, Mike!
The question is will they honor your reservation ?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by sapguy
The question is will they honor your reservation ?
They better! Bought non-refundable plane tickets.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
Another stay for me at this hotel. Upgraded to a "junior suite".

Note this hotel tries to charge $10 a day for premium (15Mbpbs) internet to Platinums. I booked this anyway and they removed it as a "one time" exception. I challenged them at the front desk and they said "at our hotel, we do (charge platinums for top tier internet)". Yes, I've already notified corporate care.

Probably my last stay there, although I do like the pool.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
US Thanksgiving

spghotescapes has posted a $349 rate for Thanksgiving, $303 other dates:
www.spghotescapes.com
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:39 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
spghotescapes has posted a $349 rate for Thanksgiving, $303 other dates:
www.spghotescapes.com
Oh.

I'm paying $252/night (plus tax) for Thanksgiving.

Booked it awhile ago, though.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
mini review

We managed to score 2 rooms on the bookings.com $59 offer on Dec 29.
On the plus side:
- the Gravity health club is very impressive. Its 5 floors below 56 Street c/w 2 full rooms of Nautilus machines, free weights, a steam room and exercise classes (complimentary with the $10 "facility" fee) A double bonus - cell phones don't work so don't bother taking one;
- the Gravity salt water pool on the rooftop floor (NB requires a change of elevators) c/w change room, saunas. (see a pic @ http://www.jetsetter.com/hotels/new-...idien-new-york ;
- excellentaccess (4 subway lines converge @ 57th Street) and no noise!
- a double bonus.........the $59 rate incl. the facility fee;
On the minus side:
- LPM is notoriously stingy with Plat upgrades, amenities;
- the breakfast option is a joke (one coffee, one croissant) and cannot be upgraded to Norma's
- the rooms are surprisingly dated.
On a final note, the LPM is home to one of the 10 top burger establishments in New York:
http://www.parkermeridien.com/eat/burger-joint/
The line-ups are legendary and no reservations allowed. But, according to the concierge, hotel guests can order takeout and eat in house. Worth doing?
Overall, I liked the LPM and will be back at this rate!

Last edited by Antonio8069; Jan 6, 2015 at 5:04 am Reason: additions
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
On the plus side:
- the Gravity health club is very impressive. Its 5 floors below 56 Street c/w 2 full rooms of Nautilus machines, free weights, a steam room and exercise classes (complimentary with the $10 "facility" fee) A double bonus - cell phones don't work so don't bother taking one;
- the Gravity salt water pool on the rooftop floor (NB requires a change of elevators) c/w change room, saunas. (see a pic @ http://www.jetsetter.com/hotels/new-...idien-new-york ;
On the minus side:
- the breakfast option is a joke (one coffee, one croissant) and cannot be upgraded to Norma's
On a final note, the LPM is home to one of the 10 top burger establishments in New York:
The line-ups are legendary and no reservations allowed. But, according to the concierge, hotel guests can order takeout and eat in house. Worth doing?
How did you find out about this rate, and which site did you booked from? Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:16 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by sapguy
How did you find out about this rate, and which site did you booked from? Thanks
We managed to score 2 rooms on the bookings.com $59 offer on Dec 29
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:44 pm

Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
On the plus side:
On the minus side:
We were there the same day. I actually think the service has declined over the years (this is my fifth time there). While the Check-in agent was nice, LPM does itself a disservice by not having an elite check in line. Its pandemonium in the lobby with luggage carts, people milling about and the queue for the Burger Joint.

I had a bunch of issues including my key not working twice, no locks for the gym lockers and burger joint refused to take my order on the phone (despite it being a perk of a hotel guest). They said the 'policy' was because they were too busy with other customers (i.e., the ones who came off the street to go for a burger but are not hotel guests). A call to the front desk got the apologetic F&B manager who said the same thing but said she would take my order but the wait time to get my order would be an hour (the same time it would take to wait in line).

For Plat, despite L. Tharp saying they would find a way to top up Plat benefits (which used to incl gym and wifi) amounted to premium wifi which was not very fast (upload speeds were about .5MB, or 1/20th the advertised speed - they use RCN, so not surprising).

Agree the Plat breakfast is stingy, though they make a very good latte and hot chocolate.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Agree about the dated decor.... Though it is well maintained... Just feels a bit like walking on the set of mad men...
Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
I suspect they they get so many tourists they don't care about PLATS so this is just my PSA to them. They must be pumping up ratings on SPG (corp should check IP's). Because of the 3.9 I figured it couldn't be that bad... No PLAT upgrade of room. Although I was told that they DID "upgrade" me to a king bed which I had booked anyways and when I asked her about it she said "oh yah it looks like you did here is your key."

I was only offered points as amenity although I didn't push for other options. No water but after filling out survey I was informed that ( implied duh) there was free water in the mini-fridge.

I actually don't mind the style of the decor but everything was used and abused. I've got pics but I'm too lazy to figure out how to post on here. My bathroom was literally smaller than the LaQuinta I stayed in Tallahassee about five years ago and that's not a compliment. To clarify the room was clean (I didn't find anyone else's hair) but from the loose shower fixture to the Ray Charles installed towel hooks to the rusty lamp it could stand a lot of work in the rooms. Side note, headboards with finger nail scratches in it make me mad and jealous at the same time.

I was due to stay two nights but I checked out a day early (they did honor 4:05pm checkout) although they clearly came in my room as they took the do not disturb sign off the door and put it on the inside.

If you need to stay right there the Visceroy (next door) is wayyyyy nicer and was a few bucks cheaper than my corp rate so $300 ish.

Happy Travels
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Kimpton
First off, I'm a local and absolutely love this place.

That said, I don't think I will stay here again until they guarantee that they have completed the upgrade of the HVAC system so it both heats and cools your room. Currently it heats in the winter and cools in the summer. Even when you set the thermostat at 68 it doesn't blow out cool air.

A little background: We booked a junior suite through a 2015 SPG Holiday promotion and decided to use it for a post-holiday staycation. Upon arrival I politely inquire about possible upgrades (tons of inventory was showing online) and was told that I had already been upgraded to the tower, suite 3314 (oddly enough right next to 3312 where we stayed a few months ago). The junior suites do not face the Park but there is a $100 price difference if you are in the tower vs. lower floors so I took it.

Get to the room and the thermostat says72 degrees but it feels more like 85. Turn down the heat to 65 and and it wouldn't cool down. Opened the windows and turned off the heat altogether and that still didn't work (it was in the high 30's here yesterday). Call the magic number on the thermostat (0) and the first time no one answers. Call back again and am told someone will be up to look at it. 40 minutes go by and a nice man shows up only to tell us that you can either heat the room or you can cool it but there isn't a way to do either/or, as most places offer. So he checks to see we had windows open and leave.

Then the safe malfunctions and it's another staff visitor after a 40 minute wait and two phone calls to remedy that.

Finally, we get back from dinner and it's still warm but okay to sleep in shorts and t-shirts and on top of the covers. We survived the night but I have no idea how people handled it when it was 70 degrees on Christmas day here and they didn't have the AC on.

Hopefully they get the upgrades completed sooner than later as I really do love this property and it's great for quick staycations.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiantransplant
First off, I'm a local and absolutely love this place.

That said, I don't think I will stay here again until they guarantee that they have completed the upgrade of the HVAC system so it both heats and cools your room. Currently it heats in the winter and cools in the summer. Even when you set the thermostat at 68 it doesn't blow out cool air.

A little background: We booked a junior suite through a 2015 SPG Holiday promotion and decided to use it for a post-holiday staycation. Upon arrival I politely inquire about possible upgrades (tons of inventory was showing online) and was told that I had already been upgraded to the tower, suite 3314 (oddly enough right next to 3312 where we stayed a few months ago). The junior suites do not face the Park but there is a $100 price difference if you are in the tower vs. lower floors so I took it.

Get to the room and the thermostat says72 degrees but it feels more like 85. Turn down the heat to 65 and and it wouldn't cool down. Opened the windows and turned off the heat altogether and that still didn't work (it was in the high 30's here yesterday). Call the magic number on the thermostat (0) and the first time no one answers. Call back again and am told someone will be up to look at it. 40 minutes go by and a nice man shows up only to tell us that you can either heat the room or you can cool it but there isn't a way to do either/or, as most places offer. So he checks to see we had windows open and leave.

Then the safe malfunctions and it's another staff visitor after a 40 minute wait and two phone calls to remedy that.

Finally, we get back from dinner and it's still warm but okay to sleep in shorts and t-shirts and on top of the covers. We survived the night but I have no idea how people handled it when it was 70 degrees on Christmas day here and they didn't have the AC on.

Hopefully they get the upgrades completed sooner than later as I really do love this property and it's great for quick staycations.

Count yourself as one of the few who love this property. As for me, I can "fondly" remember a number of winter nights sleeping at the LPM with the windows cracked as far as they would open...
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Love the property and the brand but agree with others and hate the HVAC.
And the AC in summer is weak, at best. I'll stay in winter when I can crank open the window but refuse to stay in the summer. If they'd fix it, it'd be my #1 choice in NYC.

The Sheraton Times Square is okay in winter. Heat is good and windows open a bit. Won't stay in the summer. AC is weak and sun beats in through huge windows.

If you want great HVAC and windows that open, it's the Westin Times Square. Wish it was better located.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.